Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX SQL statement output to Log file-How? Post 302133079 by blowtorch on Tuesday 21st of August 2007 11:40:16 PM
Old 08-22-2007
How are you running the script? Just run it as:
Code:
./script_name > /path/to/logfile 2>&1

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating an sql statement from a file. Problem with '

Hi, I am trying to create sql statements from a file, but I have a problem with ': This is what I do: cat filex.txt | awk -F: '{print $1,"A","and personnavn like",$5}' | sed -e "s/^/select bruker.brukernavn, person.personnavn from bruker, person where brukernavn like '/" -e "s/$/' and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hannem
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk output to file in IF statement

Hi all, I currently have the following script in 1) which outputs to a file if the 3rd column is equal to the message_id value. This works. However what I want to do is incorporate an else statement and output to a different file if the 3rd column doesnt equal the message_id values. I tried that... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Donkey25
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirect output of print statement to file

:confused: I have a ksh script which gathers data from a file. I need to find a way to direct the output to a new file. The code looks something like this: DUP_FILE=`touch /export/.../.../dup_social_$1` while (($# > 0 )) do # Make sure the file exists if ] then print "$1: does not... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Muga801
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

writing the output of SQL into one file

Hi All, Please help me writing the below script. I have two sql queries. 1. Select count(1),Client_id from TABLE_A group by Client_id; 2. Select count(1),Client_id from TABLE_B group by Client_id; I need the output of above two sql queries in a single file. The output 2nd query should be... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: 46019
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing sql statement from .sh file

Hi, How to execute sql statements from the .sh file ?? Means, when we run .sh file then the sql statements within it should be get executed one by one from the sqlplus With Regards (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: milink
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix shell command output to a sql statement

Can i do this Say one command sed 's/:*/ /g' $summf is returning C1234 C2345 C3434 some no of rows, now this ouput i have to insert it into a DB table how do i do this?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: depakjan
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute and log each statement/block SQL file

Hi friends, I would like to get some help on the following requirement. I have a SQL file with following things, select 1 from dual; select user from dual; select sysdate from dual; BEGIN PL/SQL Code END; / This file will be saved as sql file. When I run my expected shell script,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ssnair
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing file with Sql output.

Hi Guys, I need to compare the sql output with a column present in a file. I am able to read the column from the file and stored in a variable. Can somebody help how to store output of the below query to a variable. The database is Oracle. Select count(*) from tableName; ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mac4rfree
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk script to run a sql and print the output to an output file

Hi All, I have around 900 Select Sql's which I would like to run in an awk script and print the output of those sql's in an txt file. Can you anyone pls let me know how do I do it and execute the awk script? Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: adept
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Storing multiple sql queries output into variable by running sql command only once

Hi All, I want to run multiple sql queries and store the data in variable but i want to use sql command only once. Is there a way without running sql command twice and storing.Please advise. Eg : Select 'Query 1 output' from dual; Select 'Query 2 output' from dual; I want to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rokkesh
3 Replies
MAKESH(1)						      General Commands Manual							 MAKESH(1)

NAME
makeSH - a .SH script maker SYNOPSIS
makeSH files DESCRIPTION
MakeSH examines one or more scripts and produces a .SH file that, when run under sh, will produce the original script. The .SH script so produced has two sections containing code destined for the output. The first section has variable substitutions performed on it (taking values from config.sh), while the second section does not. MakeSH does not know which variables you want to have substituted, so it puts the whole script into the second section. It's up to you to insert any variable substitutions in the first section for any values you want from config.sh. You should run makeSH from within your top-level directory and use the relative path to the file as an argument, so that the "Extracting ..." line printed while running the produced .SH file later on will give that same path. AUTHOR
Larry Wall <lwall@netlabs.com> SEE ALSO
pat(1), metaconfig(1), makedist(1). BUGS
It could assume that variables from metaconfig's Glossary need to be initialized in the first section, but I'm too lazy to make it do that. LOCAL MAKESH(1)