Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: boot log files
Operating Systems Solaris boot log files Post 302131893 by joerg on Tuesday 14th of August 2007 08:41:28 AM
Old 08-14-2007
Sun Box?

Hi,
is the system you talk form a SUN Station?

Please always post the uname -a command!!

If it is a sun station please boot to the OBP(OK prompt) and post the outuput of

devalias

and

show-disks

best regards
joerg

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Replacing root / boot files

Hi everybody, I am running SCO-V openserver platform running on P-100. How can I replace root / boot files ? I want to do this because, if my system is not getting booted or my root is corrupted, I want to just replace this with the back up taken or boot/root floppy. Usually I am restoring... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: skant
1 Replies

2. SuSE

/var/log/boot.msg

I have a Dell Latitude c840 that runs SuSE 8.0 Enterprise server that hangs on bootup on trying to create /var/log/boot.msg. It boots in rescue mode just fine. I've tried deleting the old boot.msg file that was in there, but that did no good. Does anyone have any advice/know of a website with... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jody
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

boot / reboot log info

hi guys, i know some commands to check last boot information in solaris and redhat. #last -10 | grep boot #who -b #cat /var/adm/messages | grep signal but how do i check for boot info in hp-ux other than from the "shutdownlog" #last -10| reboot has rebooted my hp-ux server ! ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cromohawk
2 Replies

4. Solaris

System boot up log file

Hi, where can I check the system boot up log file like those message when the system booting up.... Thanks. (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: efang
14 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Not able to generate boot.log.

Hi I m not able to find anything under boot.log file. Here is the output of boot.log files. As you can see nothing is getting written inside the boot.log files . How can i make all the events to be logged under boot.log file? # ls -ltr /var/log | grep boot -rw------- 1 root root 0... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinga123
6 Replies

6. Boot Loaders

Reboot and Select Proper Boot device or insert Boot media in select Boot device and press a key

Hello, I have kubuntu on my laptop and now I decided to switch to Windows 7. I made the bios settings properly (first choice is boot from cd\vd) but I see the error " reboot and select proper Boot device or insert Boot media in select Boot device and press a key " I have tried CD and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rpf
0 Replies

7. AIX

Replaying log stuck during boot

I had some problems with NFS see here: https://www.unix.com/302790997-post9.html and now I cannot boot the partition when I boot I get stuck here Saving Base Customize Data to boot disk Starting the sync daemon ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
7 Replies

8. Red Hat

Customized boot log messages

Hi all Many years ago, I found online this script that was incredibly funny and I had blogged it Unfortunately because of my poor record-keeping, I seem to have lost the shell script Would somebody be kind enough to tell me how to replicate this? Thank you! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hedkandi
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirecting log files to null writing junk into log files

Redirecting log files to null writing junk into log files. i have log files which created from below command exec <processname> >$logfile but when it reaches some size i am redirecting to null while process is running like >$logfile manually but after that it writes some junk into... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: greenworld123
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Knowing the boot files

Hi, I have experienced a situation whereby after rebooting the server, we were not able to bring it up. After further troubleshooting it was found that it was an issue with the "boot" image/file permission. Have you experienced such an issue? I was not the one who did the troubleshooting... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anaigini45
1 Replies
post(3FORM)															       post(3FORM)

NAME
form_post - write or erase forms from associated subwindows SYNOPSIS
#include <form.h> int post_form(FORM *form); int unpost_form(FORM *form); DESCRIPTION
The function post_form displays a form to its associated subwindow. To trigger physical display of the subwindow, use refresh or some equivalent curses routine (the implicit doupdate triggered by an curses input request will do). The function unpost_form erases form from its associated subwindow. RETURN VALUE
These routines return one of the following: E_OK The routine succeeded. E_BAD_ARGUMENT Routine detected an incorrect or out-of-range argument. E_BAD_STATE Routine was called from an initialization or termination function. E_NOT_POSTED The form has not been posted. E_NOT_CONNECTED No items are connected to the form. E_NO_ROOM Form is too large for its window. E_POSTED The form has already been posted. E_SYSTEM_ERROR System error occurred (see errno). SEE ALSO
ncurses(3NCURSES), form(3FORM). NOTES
The header file <form.h> automatically includes the header file <curses.h>. PORTABILITY
These routines emulate the System V forms library. They were not supported on Version 7 or BSD versions. AUTHORS
Juergen Pfeifer. Manual pages and adaptation for new curses by Eric S. Raymond. post(3FORM)