Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Configure SMTP Server for Unix Post 302131221 by porter on Thursday 9th of August 2007 05:04:02 PM
Old 08-09-2007
Firstly tell us what kind of UNIX box it is.

Type "uname -a" and post the results.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SuSE

How to configure Suse Enterprise Linux 9.0 for sending mails to smtp server...???

Hi All, I have a system running with Suse Enterprise Linux 9.0. xyz# uname -a Linux xyz 2.4.21-291-smp #1 SMP Tue May 24 14:07:45 UTC 2005 i686 unknown I would like to configure postfix on this system for sending mails as a root user using "mail" command to smtp server (Windows System)... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jumadhiya
5 Replies

2. SCO

SCO 5.0.7 Sendmail. Need help on how to configure SMTP

Did anyone know or can provide some instructions on how to setup smtp for sendmail. All I need to do is email files from sco thru my ISP smtp provider. please help (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: miles556
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to configure Linux box with my SMTP mail server

Hi all, I need to send mail to a particular email id using a local mail server.This mail shall contain the content of a file. I don't have any idea how to do it. Can anyone guide me ,where to start proceeding for it. Any guide or study material would appreciated. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amit_kv1983
1 Replies

4. IP Networking

Configure router to allow smtp traffic

Hello all, I have installed ubuntu hardy and for some testing I have configured sendmail on it. I have a router facing the internet and I am having hard time configuring the router to allow traffic on port 25 to my server. I have a BCM96338 ADSL Router. I have set iptable rules to allow the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: h3llh0l3
0 Replies

5. Linux

Configure SMTP service in linux 5.2

Hi All, How to configure SMTP service in linux 5.2? Please provide me the steps. Thanks Jack (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jack00423
5 Replies

6. Fedora

How to setup an smtp server on a UNIX machine !!!

How to setup an smtp server on a unix-based machine. For example ubuntu, mac os x, fedora. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: 14opsrc
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to check SMTP server details on Unix

Hi All, I am trying to figure out how to check SMTP server details on Unix enviornment? I tried using echo "hello" | sendmail -v abc@xyz.com and got following error: -bash: sendmail: command not found -bash: echo: write error: Broken pipe Any help will be much appreciated regarding... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: palak08
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can't configure sendmail to send mails to external SMTP Server

Hi all,I know, that this is very common issue, but I can't find where is the problem... I have Solaris 10 installed.I want to send mail to external SMTP server, like:echo "letter body"| mailx -s "subject" test@test.comBut I donno what kind of changes I have to do in /etc/hosts and sendmail.cf or... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nypreH
5 Replies

9. Solaris

Configure network in unix with dynamic ip on my DHCP server?

can anyone tell me how can i configure network in unix with dynamic ip on my DHCP server?? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Reham.Donia
7 Replies

10. Solaris

Configure sendmail with SMTP

Hello, I'm trying to configure sendmail with SMTP authentication on a SunOS 5.11 operating system. I have been read various documentation / tutorials and unfortunately is not working. I need help from someone who has configured smtp on this operating system. When I try to send a mail, I have... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: d4rkm4nx99
2 Replies
smtp(n) 							    smtp client 							   smtp(n)

NAME
smtp - Client-side tcl implementation of the smtp protocol SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl package require mime ?1.3.2? package require smtp ?1.3.2? ::smtp::sendmessage token option... DESCRIPTION
The smtp library package provides the client side of the smtp protocol. ::smtp::sendmessage token option... This command sends the MIME part (see package mime) represented by token to an SMTP server. options is a list of options and their associated values. The recognized options are: -servers A list of SMTP servers. The default is localhost. -ports A list of SMTP ports. The default is 25. -queue Indicates that the SMTP server should be asked to queue the message for later processing. A boolean value. -atleastone Indicates that the SMTP server must find at least one recipient acceptable for the message to be sent. A boolean value. -originator A string containing an 822-style address specification. If present the header isn't examined for an originator address. -recipients A string containing one or more 822-style address specifications. If present the header isn't examined for recipient addresses). If the string contains more than one address they will be separated by commas. -header A list of keywords and their values (may occur zero or more times). If the -originator option is not present, the originator address is taken from From (or Resent-From); similarly, if the -recipients option is not present, recipient addresses are taken from To, cc, and Bcc (or Resent-To, and so on). Note that the header key/values supplied by the -header option (not those present in the MIME part) are consulted. Regardless, header key/values are added to the outgoing message as necessary to ensure that a valid 822-style message is sent. The command returns a list indicating which recipients were unacceptable to the SMTP server. Each element of the list is another list, con- taining the address, an SMTP error code, and a textual diagnostic. Depending on the -atleastone option and the intended recipients, a non- empty list may still indicate that the message was accepted by the server. SEE ALSO
mime, pop3, ftp, http KEYWORDS
mail, mail, email, smtp, mime, rfc821, rfc822, internet, net mime 1.3.2 smtp(n)