Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Where to find a working shell scriptor...without being on UNIX? Post 302131185 by kratka on Thursday 9th of August 2007 12:23:56 PM
Old 08-09-2007
Data Cygwin - not downloading, any other choices?

I found Cygwin a few days ago, and it never seems to follow all the way thru the setup process. It gets to the point where one can choose a download site, but the list is not populated. I'm not sure if this is on Cygwin's side, or if something on my end is stopping me from seeing the list.

I get the feeling it's Cygwin. Smilie

My next option is to run a Live Version of Open BSD or some Linux distro, but I'm trying to avoid that route if I can.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Write a shell script to find whether the first day of the month is a working day

Hi , I am relatively new to unix... Can u pls help me out to find out if the first day of the month is a working day ie from (Monday to Friday)...using Date and If clause in Korn shell.. This is very urgent. Thanks for ur help... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: phani
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Where can I find the best Unix Shell?

I am new and I would like to know your opinion on the best Unix shell for linux? :confused: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: faron17
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX Find command in Borne Shell

I need to perform two separate commands as part of the -exec section of a find command. Is this possible? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: marshaferry
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to find in which shell i am working..

Hi Friends, I am new for this site.i have a small query.plz let me know the command to find in which shell presently i am working. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pineapple
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to find whenther given value is in betwwen min and Max in unix shell scripting

Hi I wanted to write a shell script with an if condition Example MinValue=10 MaxValue=30 logvalue = some integer value that script reads from the command line arguement I wanted to check whether log value greater than or equal to10 and less than equal to 30 and proceed with the rest of... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinky
5 Replies

6. AIX

Unix shell scripting to find latest file having timestamp embedded...

Hi guys, I have a directory in UNIX having files with the below format, i need to pickup the latest file having recent timestamp embedded on it, then need to rename it to a standard file name. Below is the file format: filename_yyyymmdd.csv, i need to pick the latest and move it with the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaushik25
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

SHELL: UNIX : Ls regular expression not working when used with variables

If i do below command in unix prompt which static values (ie 27..97), it is working fine and gives desired output >ls -d $WORKDIR/batch/somefilename_{27..97}.* 2>/dev/null somefilename_27.sometxt somefilename_28.sometxt somefilename_29.sometxt .. somefilename_97.sometxt But if i want... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: haiderali
2 Replies
File::Spec::Cygwin(3pm) 				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				   File::Spec::Cygwin(3pm)

NAME
File::Spec::Cygwin - methods for Cygwin file specs SYNOPSIS
require File::Spec::Cygwin; # Done internally by File::Spec if needed DESCRIPTION
See File::Spec and File::Spec::Unix. This package overrides the implementation of these methods, not the semantics. This module is still in beta. Cygwin-knowledgeable folks are invited to offer patches and suggestions. canonpath Any "" (backslashes) are converted to "/" (forward slashes), and then File::Spec::Unix canonpath() is called on the result. file_name_is_absolute True is returned if the file name begins with "drive_letter:", and if not, File::Spec::Unix file_name_is_absolute() is called. tmpdir (override) Returns a string representation of the first existing directory from the following list: $ENV{TMPDIR} /tmp $ENV{'TMP'} $ENV{'TEMP'} C:/temp Since Perl 5.8.0, if running under taint mode, and if the environment variables are tainted, they are not used. case_tolerant Override Unix. Cygwin case-tolerance depends on managed mount settings and as with MsWin32 on GetVolumeInformation() $ouFsFlags == FS_CASE_SENSITIVE, indicating the case significance when comparing file specifications. Default: 1 COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2004,2007 by the Perl 5 Porters. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2014-01-06 File::Spec::Cygwin(3pm)