Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: :0: unknown test operator
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting :0: unknown test operator Post 302131180 by ibroxy on Thursday 9th of August 2007 11:56:42 AM
Old 08-09-2007
:0: unknown test operator

I have gotten the script up to this point and it works fine a system but when i copy it to another unix server running solaris 9 as the original one , its gives an error './mon_fs.sh[18]: 0: unknown test operator' .
(see script bellow)

can the Gurus see to this as i am just a beginner with scripting.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

#!/bin/ksh
#se: Check to see if file systems are filling up
# Usage: Execute from crontab
# Dependencies: mon_fs.dat
# Outputs: unix-ops@alibaba.com
#*****************************************************
# The directory this script resides in
ADMINDIR=/opt/admin/scripts
# The next variable can be set for multiple addresses
# (i.e.ibroxy71@sunguru.com)
MAILADD=unix-ops@alibaba.com
#define the hostname of the server
SRVNM=`uname -n`
while read -r FS MAXCAP
do

CAPACITY=`df -k $FS | grep -v avail | awk {'print $5'} | awk -F% {'print $1'}`
if test $CAPACITY -gt $MAXCAP; then
mail $MAILADD <<EOF
To: $MAILADD
Subject: File System on $SRVNM
$FS is at $CAPACITY% capacity on $SRVNM (Threshold is $MAXCAP%).
`date`
EOF
fi

done < $ADMINDIR/mon_fs.dat

exit 0
------------------------------------------------------------------------

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

unknown test operator

Hi, I have the following shell script : Nbr_BD_Link=0 Nbr_BD_Link=` sqlplus sysadm/${PSWD}@${DB_Name} << EOF | tail -4 | head -1 2>/dev/null set head off feedback off ; select count(*) from dba_db_links ; exit ; EOF ` echo ${Nbr_BD_Link} if ; then ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

test: unknown operator status

hi I get test: unknown operator status if then echo "OK." return 0 else echo "not ok" 2>&1 exit -1 fi I tried to change "A" with 'A' --> same error I tried to change if , I am getting: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: melanie_pfefer
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

TEST operator help

Hi I want to group like this but syntactic is not right ... Thanks if Like this below does not work properly .. if then : else usage exit 1 fi (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: zam
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

syntax error in shell test: unknown operator

Hi All, can some one figure out the syntax issue here. How to overcome this? #!/bin/sh $ HFR_MAIL=NO $ PRP_MAIL=NO $ MC_MAIL=NO $ if && && ]; then > echo "NO " > else > echo "YES" > fi test: unknown operator NO $ if && && ]; then > echo "NO" > else > echo "YES" >... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shellscripter
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

if returns "unknown test operator"

Greetings, using ksh on Solaris, I am trying to identify the current version of a package installed on multiple servers using if statement in a precursor to upgrading. I have searched the forums and have found many hits, reviewed 3 pages and have tried the different variations noted there. Also... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: 22blaze
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

unknown test operator

hi all, i am using the below command in my script if ; then This statement is causing the problme "ScriptName.ksh: XXX-XXX: unknown test operator" could you please suggest me , how can i avoid these messages. Singhal (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: singhald
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Test operator

In my script (currently running on Solaris ) I'm testing for zero size with wild character. There are mutilple files exist in the directory. if then filename=`ls -1tr ${fileformat}.${date}.? | tail -1` else ${BATCH_FATAL:-echo} "$0:ERROR:No file found ${source}/${fileformat}.${date}.?"... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gauravgoel83
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unknown test operator

Hi , Os - Solaris Shell - Ksh I am getting below error in if condition + id + ./om_wf_complete.sh: gid=4081(Infadmn): unknown test operator + exit 1 if ; then touch /home/odwt/1.0.0/out/oworkflow.dat chmod 777 /home/odwt/1.0.0/out/oworkflow.dat elif ; then touch... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: nag_sathi
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unknown test operator

O/S solaris 9 shell ksh if then chk_op="WARNING...reboot within the last 24hrs, restarted at `who -r | awk '{print $4$5"@"$6}'`" ; else if ; then last_reboot1=`who -b | awk '{print $4" "$5" "$6}'` last_reboot2='..OK..'`uptime | awk '{print$3" "$4}'` ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: squrcles
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting unknown operator error while using a function

Hi, I wrote a function for the first time and not able to get the desired result. I have requirement to execute 10 queries. For this i wrote a function like below. function Command { typeset var SOL; if ; then CONNECTION="${CONNECTION} -e -time"; else SOL="`nzsql ${CONNECTION} -c... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Samah
8 Replies
unknown(n)						       Tcl Built-In Commands							unknown(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
unknown - Handle attempts to use non-existent commands SYNOPSIS
unknown cmdName ?arg arg ...? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This command is invoked by the Tcl interpreter whenever a script tries to invoke a command that doesn't exist. The default implementation of unknown is a library procedure defined when Tcl initializes an interpreter. You can override the default unknown to change its func- tionality. Note that there is no default implementation of unknown in a safe interpreter. If the Tcl interpreter encounters a command name for which there is not a defined command, then Tcl checks for the existence of a command named unknown. If there is no such command, then the interpreter returns an error. If the unknown command exists, then it is invoked with arguments consisting of the fully-substituted name and arguments for the original non-existent command. The unknown command typically does things like searching through library directories for a command procedure with the name cmdName, or expanding abbreviated command names to full-length, or automatically executing unknown commands as sub-processes. In some cases (such as expanding abbreviations) unknown will change the original command slightly and then (re-)execute it. The result of the unknown command is used as the result for the original non-existent command. The default implementation of unknown behaves as follows. It first calls the auto_load library procedure to load the command. If this succeeds, then it executes the original command with its original arguments. If the auto-load fails then unknown calls auto_execok to see if there is an executable file by the name cmd. If so, it invokes the Tcl exec command with cmd and all the args as arguments. If cmd can't be auto-executed, unknown checks to see if the command was invoked at top-level and outside of any script. If so, then unknown takes two additional steps. First, it sees if cmd has one of the following three forms: !!, !event, or ^old^new?^?. If so, then unknown carries out history substitution in the same way that csh would for these constructs. Finally, unknown checks to see if cmd is a unique abbrevia- tion for an existing Tcl command. If so, it expands the command name and executes the command with the original arguments. If none of the above efforts has been able to execute the command, unknown generates an error return. If the global variable auto_noload is defined, then the auto-load step is skipped. If the global variable auto_noexec is defined then the auto-exec step is skipped. Under normal circum- stances the return value from unknown is the return value from the command that was eventually executed. SEE ALSO
info(n), proc(n), interp(n), library(n) KEYWORDS
error, non-existent command Tcl unknown(n)