Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: regex in variable
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers regex in variable Post 302130902 by vgersh99 on Wednesday 8th of August 2007 08:09:45 AM
Old 08-08-2007
Code:
$ echo 'Aaaa->Bbbbb' | egrep '.+-+>+[^ ]+'
Aaaa->Bbbbb
$ echo 'Aaaa-> Bbbbb' | egrep '.+-+>+[^ ]+'
$

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

regex on first string in a variable.

Hi all, this is driving me nuts. I need to evaluate if a variable in a shell script has a heading s or m character e.g. s92342394 or m9233489 if so then I need to get rid of them. I'm quite familiar with PERL and could do it there in 3 mins but I have not found a decent way to do this in a shell.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Endo
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing a regex as variable to awk and using that as regular expression for search

Hi All, I have a sftp session log where I am transferring multi files by issuing "mput abc*.dat". The contents of the logfile is below - ################################################# Connecting to 10.75.112.194... Changing to: /home/dasd9x/testing1 sftp> mput abc*.dat Uploading... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: k_bijitesh
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Regex and variable assignment

Hi there, I really didn't want to have to waste people's time and ask this, but after 2 hours and running out of my own time I've decided to ask.. Basically I have a file in the format: word: other words; more words here; last word word: more words here; last word (etc) x 100 Where the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maximus73
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep: Searching with a regex that contains a variable from an array

I'm attempting to grep for lines formatted like this: grep -e '^\\",' Any suggestions as to why this isn't working? ---------- Post updated at 05:03 PM ---------- Previous update was at 04:17 PM ---------- This was my solution: grep -e '^\'\",' It's hard to read, but basically I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: AcerAspirant
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk: compose regex in variable and then use its contents like $0 ~ var

A question to the awk pundits: I was thinking about composing a regex in a variable and then use its contents like $0 ~ var instead of $0 ~ /r/. Sort of indirection. Did someone run into this? Is it possible at all? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RudiC
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed - Add a variable line to the end of a block beginning with a regex

Hi, Need some help with sed. I have a file that has sections : e.g. a=blah b=blah d=blah e=blah There's many sections in the file. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: andyatit
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regex in sed to find specific pattern and assign to variable

(5 Replies)
Discussion started by: radioactive9
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nawk match regex of bash variable

Using a bash for loop to pass variables into a nawk loop to capture a string in an sftp log. Tried several different syntax methods to have the variable treated as a regex so the loop will capture the string. for i in `cat /tmp/dar3.out.2` do nawk -vst=$i '$5 ~ /$st/ && /closed/ && /user/... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: smenago
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using RegEx with variable within bash if [[ ]]

I stumbled upon a problem, which I simplified to this: There is a list of numbers, stored in variable $LIST, lets use `seq 5 25` for demonstration. There is a number that should be compared against this list. For demonstration I use user input - read VALUE I am trying to compare RegEx... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zorbeg
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sendmail K command regex: adding exclusion/negative lookahead to regex -a@MATCH

I'm trying to get some exclusions into our sendmail regular expression for the K command. The following configuration & regex works: LOCAL_CONFIG # Kcheckaddress regex -a@MATCH +<@+?\.++?\.(us|info|to|br|bid|cn|ru) LOCAL_RULESETS SLocal_check_mail # check address against various regex... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: RobbieTheK
0 Replies
set_color(1)							       fish							      set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)