Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris command to find out total size of a specific file size (spread over the server) Post 302130831 by zazzybob on Wednesday 8th of August 2007 03:11:28 AM
Old 08-08-2007
Something like this?
Code:
# du -ks /usr/local/jboss4/bin /usr/local/jboss4/server /var/log/jboss | awk '{c+=$1} END {printf "%s KB\n", c}'
1646356 KB

Cheers
ZB

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

How to find the total size of a dirctory tree in Solaris

Hi, I want to find the total size of some directory trees in my solaris 9 machine. Is there a command or utility I can use to do it. Please let me know if there is any way. Thanks Akheel (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 0ktalmagik
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find the size of a single specific file

As I'm a newbie to UNIX, very newbie in fact, could anyone humour me and tell me how I'd find just the file size in bytes for a specific file? Or at least just the specific line from the ls -a for the file - call it file1 I know this sounds bad but I don't seem to be getting very far at this... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nortypig
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find total size for some files?

Hi, I'm newbie to Unix. I'd like to count the total size of those files in my directory by date. For example, files on this period 05/01/08 - 05/31/08. If possible can we count by byte instead of kb. if I use $ du - ks , it will add up all files in the dir. thanks, Helen (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: helen008
5 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris 10 - How to find the total size of my hard disk?

Friends, I have an 80 GB HDD, but I wish to know if there is a direct command in Solaris 10 to find out the size of my hard disk (similar to fdisk -l in Linux). Thank you saagar (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: saagar
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

find with file size and show the size

Hi All... is the below command be modified in sucha way that i can get the file size along with the name and path of the file the below command only gives me the file location which are more than 100000k...but I want the exact size of the file also.. find / -name "*.*" -size +100000k ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rpraharaj84
3 Replies

6. Red Hat

Command to find the local harddisks of a server ? Including their size

Hi guys How do I find the harddisks in a server ? Rgds Nishant (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: thevishy
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find the total size of all directories that are owned by a particular User

Hi All, I am writing a script in which i need find the total size of all the directories that are present in a directory which are owned by a particular user. I will explain in details i have a dir DIR1 in which i have 5 dir's DIRA DIRB DIRC DIRD DIRE. DIRA DIRC DIRE are owned by "eswar" i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: firestar
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find a particular directory in multiple file systems and calculate total size

Hello : I need some help in writing a ksh script which will find a particular directory in all the file systems in a server and finally report the total size of the direcotry in all the file systems. Some thing like this.. find /u*/app/oracle -type d -name "product" -prune and then... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sam1974
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Need command to know the total size

:mad:i need command to know the total size of project in my system by Giga bit i try #du -s /*/projectname but i need total size for this project by G.B can you help me (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ayman
6 Replies

10. Solaris

Find the total size of multiple files

If I have a number of files in a directory, for example, test.1 test.2 test.3 abc.1 abc.2 abc.3 and I need to find the total file size of all of the test.* files, I can use du -bc test.* in Linux. However, in Solaris, du does not have the -c option. What can I do in Solaris to get... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: learnix
11 Replies
SCOUT(1)						    http://en.opensuse.org/Sco							  SCOUT(1)

NAME
scout - A Package Scout SYNOPSIS
scout [global_options] {module} {search_term} [module_options] OPTIONS
The following options are available: global_options, module The global options are handled by scout itself. --format Specify the default output format. Choices are table (default), xml, csv. It's a replacement of the older scoutcsv, scoutxml links. --help Print a brief help. --version Print version. The respective module to search for. The following modules are available: autoconf Search for autoconf macros inside m4 files. bin Search for binaries contained in packages. header Search for C/C++/Obj-C/Obj-C++ headers java Search for Java classes inside packaged JAR files. python Search for Python modules. webpin Search in packages using the Webpin webservice. search_term The term you are looking for. module_options Additional module options. At the moment these are: --listrepos list all available repositories --repos=REPO, -r REPO select a repository to search (use a name from the --listrepos output) DESCRIPTION
Scout is a tool to look for uninstalled packages. For example, which binary does a package provide, which Java classes are available and which autoconf macros does a package contain. To search for your requested term, you need index data files which are a preconfigured SQLite 3 database. You have to install these in order to get your search request done. Use the Scout OBS data repository[1] to get additional index files. See the Wiki page about Scout[2] for more information. EXAMPLE 1: SEARCH FOR EXECUTABLES For example, to search for a sdl-config executable, you need the bin module: $ scout bin sdl-config You get the following output: repository | binary | path | package ------------+------------+-----------------------------+----------------- suse110 | sdl-config | /usr/bin | SDL-devel suse110 | sdl-config | /usr/lib/baselibs-32bit/bin | SDL-devel-32bit EXAMPLE 2: SEARCH FOR JAVA PACKAGES If you want to search for a Java package, use the following code: $ scout java org.apache.xml.serialize.Serializer You get: repository | package | jar | class ------------+------------------+---------------------+------------------------------------------------ jpackage17 | jboss4-testsuite | xerces.jar | org.apache.xml.serialize.Serializer jpackage17 | jboss4-testsuite | xerces.jar | org.apache.xml.serialize.SerializerFactory jpackage17 | jboss4-testsuite | xerces.jar | org.apache.xml.serialize.SerializerFactoryImpl jpackage17 | xerces-j2 | xerces-j2-2.9.0.jar | org.apache.xml.serialize.Serializer jpackage17 | xerces-j2 | xerces-j2-2.9.0.jar | org.apache.xml.serialize.SerializerFactory jpackage17 | xerces-j2 | xerces-j2-2.9.0.jar | org.apache.xml.serialize.SerializerFactoryImpl EXAMPLE 3: SEARCH THROUGH WEBPIN If you want to use the openSUSE Search Webservice[3]--also known as "Webpin"--use the following line: $ scout webpin docbook_5.xml You get: package | version | arch | repository URL | matched files -----------+---------+--------+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------+------------------------ docbook_5 | 5.0 | noarch | http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/SL-OSS-factory/inst-source/suse | /etc/xml/docbook_5.xml docbook_5 | 5.0CR7 | noarch | http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/thomas-schraitle/openSUSE_Factory | /etc/xml/docbook_5.xml docbook_5 | 5.0 | noarch | http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/XML/xml-factory | /etc/xml/docbook_5.xml BASH COMPLETION
If you like to complete your options automatically through Bash, insert the following lines into your ~/.bashrc or /etc/bash.bashrc: if [ -f /etc/bash_completion.d/scout.sh ]; then . /etc/bash_completion.d/scout.sh fi SEE ALSO
command-not-found(1) AUTHORS
Pavol Rusnak <stick@gk2.sk> Developer Michal Vyskocil <mvyskocil@suse.cz> Developer Ales Nosek <anosek@suse.cz> Index data for Java Pascal Bleser <guru@unixtech.be> Webpin code Marek Stopka <mstopka@opensuse.org> Bash completion Thomas Schraitle <toms@suse.de> Docbook documentation Klaus Kaempf <kkaempf@suse.de> Help with python-satsolver NOTES
1. Scout OBS data repository http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/prusnak:/scout/data 2. Wiki page about Scout http://en.opensuse.org/Scout 3. openSUSE Search Webservice http://software.opensuse.org/search http://gitorious.org/opensus 08/07/2009 SCOUT(1)