Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: svcadm with Solaris 10
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users svcadm with Solaris 10 Post 302130771 by reborg on Tuesday 7th of August 2007 06:08:12 PM
Old 08-07-2007
Which metacluster did you install?

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

svcadm fails to enable nfs/server

When trying to enable nfs/server, I keep getting this message that another entity has disabled the service but I cannot find where the problem is. hostname:> svcadm -v enable -s svc:/network/nfs/server svc:/network/nfs/server:default enabled. svcadm: Instance "svc:/network/nfs/server:default"... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vi-Curious
9 Replies

2. Solaris

svcadm issues

HI All, When i booted a server through its console. A message appeared . svc:/system/filesystem/local:default: WARNING: /sbin/mountall -l failed: exit status 1 May 27 03:55:32 svc.startd: svc:/system/filesystem/local:default: Method "/lib/svc/method/fs-local" failed with exit status... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
3 Replies

3. Solaris

difference between inetadm and svcadm

Can anyone tell me the difference between inetadm and svcadm in solaris. As per my knowledge svcadm will use to start/stop services . Any help on this is really helpful (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rogerben
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Unable to login using ssh,telnet onto my solaris machine with solaris 10 installed

Hi, I am unable to login into my terminal hosting Solaris 10 and get the below error message "Server refused to allocate pty ld.so.1: sh: fatal: libc.so.1: open failed: No such file or directory " Is there anyways i can get into my machine and what kind of changes are required to be... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sankasu
7 Replies

5. Solaris

svcadm not running on Solaris 9. (Any alternates?)

Hi All, Yet another problem where I need your help. Guys , I am on a Solaris 9 Machine where svcadm command doesn't work I want to issue a command svcadm restart ntpas I normally do in Solaris 10. However I want to know is there any alternate way to do it in solaris 9 as it doesn't support the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek.goel.piet
5 Replies

6. Solaris

Svcadm disable in global zone affects same service in ngz

I have a service that resides in both the global and non global zones. When I disable the service in the global zone, a svcs -p on that service shows the process name and ID of the svcadmd for the non global. An svcs -l on the service in the global shows online with an intended state of disabled.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cbrown31
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Apache 2.4 User/Group option with svcadm

Hello all, Solaris 11. Branch: 0.175.3.35.0.6.0 Asking for some assistance in trying to understand how Apache24 works with svcadm. I used: svccfg -s network/http:apache24 listprop setprop start/user=<rabbit> setprop start/group=<pod> This is also set in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: smiloo
1 Replies
nfs4cbd(1M)						  System Administration Commands					       nfs4cbd(1M)

NAME
nfs4cbd - NFS Version 4 callback daemon SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/nfs/nfs4cbd DESCRIPTION
The nfs4cbd daemon manages communication endpoints for the NFS Version 4 protocol callback program. nfs4cbd runs on the NFS Version 4 client and creates a listener port for each transport over which callbacks can be sent. The nfs4cbd daemon is provided for the exclusive use of the NFS version 4 client. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWnfscu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
svcs(1), mount_nfs(1M), svcadm(1M), attributes(5), smf(5) NOTES
The nfs4cbd service is managed by the service management facility, smf(5), under the service identifier: svc:/network/nfs/cbd Administrative actions on this service, such as enabling, disabling, or requesting restart, can be performed using svcadm(1M). The ser- vice's status can be queried using the svcs(1) command. If it is disabled, it will be enabled by mount_nfs(1M) and automountd(1M) on the first NFSv4 mount, unless its application/auto_enable property is set to false. This daemon might not exist in a future release of Solaris. SunOS 5.11 11 Apr 2005 nfs4cbd(1M)