Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Revoke Kernel Access..
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Revoke Kernel Access.. Post 302130482 by ronix007 on Monday 6th of August 2007 10:54:56 AM
Old 08-06-2007
Question Revoke Kernel Access..

Hi,

I need to know how to revoke the access/permission of Kernel for a group. In details, one of the group 'X' is having kernel access/permission and this group can control the Kernel at anytime. How can we revoke this permission/access ?

Thanks,
Rohit..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Aplication user and kernel mode (data access)

Hi all, I am trying to setup a program to use a device driver and am confusing buffer access between User and Kernel mode. I think all applications running in User space have to communicate with the device drivers using io control calls and then have some functions called back from the driver... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Brendan Kennedy
1 Replies

2. HP-UX

How to restrict a user group to access the kernel

Hi, Please any one can help me to know that how we can restrict a user group to access the kernel at all. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: harishankar
0 Replies

3. Programming

Access process memory from kernel space

Hi, I'm currently working on a project to help the analysis of malware from inside the kernel to avoid any kind of detection. So I need to be able to read the process memory from my kernel module. As of now, I'm stuck at converting a virtual memory address (for example 0x080483e8 found... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anonymoose
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Can kernel process access user address space ?

Can kernel process access user address space ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: subhotech
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

kernel giving access for multiple users to access files

hi all, i want to know y kernel is giving access for multiple users to access a file when one user may be the owner is executing that file. Because other user can manipulate that file when the other user is executing that file, it will give the unexpected result to owner . plz help me... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jimmyuk
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Which file is read by kernel to set its default system kernel parameters values?

Hi gurus Could anybody tell me which file is read by kernel to set its default system kernal parameters values in solaris. Here I am not taking about /etc/system file which is used to load kernal modules or to change any default system kernal parameter value Is it /dev/kmem file or something... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: girish.batra
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Precaution to access user mode buffers from kernel

When accessing a user mode buffers from kernel space drivers what precautions must we take and how those precautions need to be implemented? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
0 Replies

8. Linux

Unload kernel module at boot time (Debian Wheezy 7.2, 3.2.0-4-686-pae kernel)

Hi everyone, I am trying to prevent the ehci_hcd kernel module to load at boot time. Here's what I've tried so far: 1) Add the following line to /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf (as suggested here): 2) Blacklisted the module by adding the following string to 3) Tried to blacklist the module... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gacanepa
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sudoers - Revoke default policy

I would like to keep my /etc/sudoers file as distributed and only use a /etc/sudoers.d drop-in file instead. Everything is working fine except for permissions given to the wheel group in the distribution sudoers file: ## Allows people in group wheel to run all commands %wheel ALL=(ALL) ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Chubler_XL
1 Replies

10. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

User banned, requesting to revoke the ban.

My username is abhilashnair. I was banned recently for deleting my post. I wish to apologise for disregarding forum rules. I request you to revoke my ban and give me one more chance if possible, i assure you that I will abide by all rules henceforth Since this is really informative forum and rich... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Unregistered
3 Replies
nischmod(1)							   User Commands						       nischmod(1)

NAME
nischmod - change access rights on a NIS+ object SYNOPSIS
nischmod [-AfLP] mode name... DESCRIPTION
nischmod changes the access rights (mode) of the NIS+ objects or entries specified by name to mode. Entries are specified using indexed names (see nismatch(1)). Only principals with modify access to an object may change its mode. mode has the following form: rights [, rights]... rights has the form: [ who ] op permission [ op permission ]... who is a combination of: n Nobody's permissions. o Owner's permissions. g Group's permissions. w World's permissions. a All, or owg. If who is omitted, the default is a. op is one of: + To grant the permission. - To revoke the permission. = To set the permissions explicitly. permission is any combination of: r Read. m Modify. c Create. d Destroy. Unlike the system chmod(1) command, this command does not accept an octal notation. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -A Modify all entries in all tables in the concatenation path that match the search criteria specified in name. This option implies the -P switch. -f Force the operation and fail silently if it does not succeed. -L Follow links and change the permission of the linked object or entries rather than the permission of the link itself. -P Follow the concatenation path within a named table. This option is only applicable when either name is an indexed name or the -L switch is also specified and the named object is a link pointing to an entry. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Using the nischmod Command This example gives everyone read access to an object. (that is, access for owner, group, and all). example% nischmod a+r object This example denies create and modify privileges to group and unauthenticated clients (nobody). example% nischmod gn-cm object In this example, a complex set of permissions are set for an object. example% nischmod o=rmcd,g=rm,w=rc,n=r object This example sets the permissions of an entry in the password table so that the group owner can modify them. example% nischmod g+m '[uid=55],passwd.org_dir' The next example changes the permissions of a linked object. example% nischmod -L w+mr linkname ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
NIS_PATH If this variable is set, and the NIS+ name is not fully qualified, each directory specified will be searched until the object is found (see nisdefaults(1)). EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful operation. 1 Operation failed. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWnisu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
chmod(1), nis+(1), nischgrp(1), nischown(1), nisdefaults(1), nismatch(1), nis_objects(3NSL), attributes(5) NOTES
NIS+ might not be supported in future releases of the SolarisTM Operating Environment. Tools to aid the migration from NIS+ to LDAP are available in the Solaris 9 operating environment. For more information, visit http://www.sun.com/directory/nisplus/transition.html. SunOS 5.10 10 Dec 2001 nischmod(1)