Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Unix Kernel Switching?
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Unix Kernel Switching? Post 302130252 by ilan on Saturday 4th of August 2007 05:21:52 AM
Old 08-04-2007
BTW:You should restart the system after editing /etc/grub.conf

-ilan

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unix Kernel Designing

Hello, I want to know what a kernel is? what are its functions and uses. what is a unix kernel? can i make a new kernel like unix or any other OS. if yes what type of programming is needed or can i use C programming language.if there is C, then what kind of C is required (hardware like... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibhory2j
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Switching shells in UNIX Scripts

Solaris Newbie here to scripting in UNIX/SOLARIS. What I am looking to do is, once the script is executed, switch to /bin/bash shell and continue to execute the script. The problem I run into is once the script switches to the Bash shell, the script stops, and does not execute the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Scoobiez
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Why does UNIX kernel does not shrink?

Hello this is a book problem of chapter 8 william stallings's operating systems..can anyone tells me the accurate solution of it?? The Unix kernel will dynamicaly grow a process's stack in virtual memory as needed, but it willnever try to shrink it. Consider the case in which a program calls a C... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dillidamunda
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Distribution and Kernel

By way of a small report what is involved in the updating of the unix distribution and kernel (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Dipset
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX kernel type?

Hai guys,This is my first question. What type of UNIX kernel is? (W.K.T linux kernel is monolithic) Thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Felicia23
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

developing a Kernel for old old Unix?

Hello all , My father has been running the last version of unix before all the liscensing began 20 or so years ago. In his particular field his programmer has written a great deal of software to work with this version. Emulating so newer computers could speak to the unix server as well. Im sure... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bill78
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Switching between users on UNIX without private key (intentional)

Hello Everyone, I'm new to unix and having trouble with switching users s_user='sample_user', I need to connect to a remote server using the user "sampleuser" copy files on that remote server. However I am not allowed to add a private key to that same server nor add scripts on sampleuser's... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: AmazingTyagoman
5 Replies

8. Linux

Switching between Windows and UNIX

I have both UNIX and Windows on my system. While booting it asks for me to select an OS. Once I log in to an OS, then to log in to another OS, there is no direct method. I need to shutdown and again start to select another OS. May I know any method to directly switch between the two. (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravisingh
23 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Switching server in UNIX via shell script (SSH )

Requirement: I am writing a shell script which take some file from say Server1 and I have to execute some command on Server2 then I have to manipulate the data and based on that I have to produce report. Problem:I can schedule the shell script on only one server (Server1 or Server2) So, In the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: raks2301
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Switching from production to development envirornment in UNIX

I had a unix scripts in prod. I need to made changes in those scripts which I don't have the edit access. I need to move those scripts from prod to dev to edit. Please tell me how to switch from production to development, So that I can made changes in dev and again move those scripts to Prod. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajeswararao
3 Replies
GRUB(8) 								FSF								   GRUB(8)

NAME
grub - the grub shell SYNOPSIS
grub [OPTION]... DESCRIPTION
Enter the GRand Unified Bootloader command shell. --batch turn on batch mode for non-interactive use --boot-drive=DRIVE specify stage2 boot_drive [default=0x0] --config-file=FILE specify stage2 config_file [default=/boot/grub/menu.lst] --device-map=FILE use the device map file FILE --help display this message and exit --hold wait until a debugger will attach --install-partition=PAR specify stage2 install_partition [default=0x20000] --no-config-file do not use the config file --no-curses do not use curses --no-floppy do not probe any floppy drive --no-pager do not use internal pager --preset-menu use the preset menu --probe-second-floppy probe the second floppy drive --read-only do not write anything to devices --verbose print verbose messages --version print version information and exit REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-grub@gnu.org>. SEE ALSO
update-grub(8), grub-install(8). The full documentation for grub is maintained as a Texinfo manual in the grub-legacy-doc package. If the info and grub programs are prop- erly installed at your site, the command info grub should give you access to the complete manual. grub (GNU GRUB 0.97) January 2013 GRUB(8)