Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting grep a log file to filter previous dates Post 302129897 by pinpe on Thursday 2nd of August 2007 07:41:05 AM
Old 08-02-2007
Hi perl Gurus,

I just wanna make this up. Pls nedd some hand. Tnx in advance.

Br, Pete

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

help searching log file with dates

Im tyring to create a script that will show me any lines in a file with todays date and yesterdays, the date format in the file is as follows ----- amqxfdcx.c : 728 -------------------------------------------------------- 07/12/05 09:53:20 AMQ6109: An internal WebSphere MQ error has... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: csaunders
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dates of previous years

Is there any way to use date with previous dates such as "2 23 2000" in order to see what day of the week it was? I tried changing the current date to "date 022300452000" but then it told me that I could not do this because I was "Not the owner". Any other ways of getting the day result? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: terms5
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep a log file between 2 dates

Hi Currently I can grep a log file with the following command: $results = `grep -A 2 '^$date.$time.*' $log`; and the following arguments: $date = 2007/04/25 $time = 16:07 Log example: 2007/04/25 16:07:12.145701 2007/05/25 14:07:12.145701 2007/05/25 17:07:12.145701 2007/06/25... (37 Replies)
Discussion started by: Epiphone
37 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

using 'date' to get previous days' dates

I am familiar with using the 'date' command to get the current date but I have a situation where I need to get the previous day's date as well as the date two days prior. Theoretically I could use 'expr' to compute these values but I need it to work in instances where the previous month's dates... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: slant-40
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

To get previous or future dates based on input value

Hi, I need something like, if the input date is 24/Aug/2008 and the inputvalue is +8 then the result should be 1/Sep/2008 (8 days after the input date) if the input date is 24/Aug/2008 and the inputvalue is -8 then the result should be 16/Aug/2008 (8 days before the input date) is there any... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sharmila_P
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

To filter a log file

Hi All, I have a log File and i have to make a report in desired format.can anybody help me......... log file ------ <<<<< BESI14 >>>>> <RLGAP:CELL=ALL; CELL CHANNEL GROUP ALLOCATION DATA CELL CHGR SAS ODPDCHLIMIT BUNYM18 0 MULTI 100 -------- desired format... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dattatraya
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep lines from the previous day's file

I have files called printfile.log.1121, printfile.log.1122, etc where 1121 and 1122 are the date of the file creation. The file contents are like: ================================================================================ User = d_prod Env = d_prod Dir =... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Daniel Gate
3 Replies

8. Linux

Get all the files from a FTP location with previous week's dates in the file names using Linux

I have a weird requirement where I have to get the files from a FTP(Lets say FTP1) location and place it on my current FTP(Lets say FTP2) location. The issue is, these are daily files (in a pattern Sales_YYYYMMDD_report.csv) and are placed every day on FTP1 and my process usually runs on Monday(eg.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhruuv369
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Display previous days dates in ksh

---------- Post updated at 03:42 AM ---------- Previous update was at 03:38 AM ---------- Sorry for a duplicate post, my post at the first place could not appear due to some net issue on my machine. Here is what i posted earlier: Hi, i am using ksh in Solaris, i wanted to assign today's,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pr5439
5 Replies

10. What is on Your Mind?

Grep file containing dates

How to grep a file containing dates to only last 30 days then move to another folder (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmarcus
7 Replies
HTML::Parse(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					  HTML::Parse(3pm)

NAME
HTML::Parse - Deprecated, a wrapper around HTML::TreeBuilder VERSION
This document describes version 5.02 of HTML::Parse, released June 27, 2012 as part of HTML-Tree. SYNOPSIS
See the documentation for HTML::TreeBuilder DESCRIPTION
Disclaimer: This module is provided only for backwards compatibility with earlier versions of this library. New code should not use this module, and should really use the HTML::Parser and HTML::TreeBuilder modules directly, instead. The "HTML::Parse" module provides functions to parse HTML documents. There are two functions exported by this module: parse_html($html) or parse_html($html, $obj) This function is really just a synonym for $obj->parse($html) and $obj is assumed to be a subclass of "HTML::Parser". Refer to HTML::Parser for more documentation. If $obj is not specified, the $obj will default to an internally created new "HTML::TreeBuilder" object configured with strict_comment() turned on. That class implements a parser that builds (and is) a HTML syntax tree with HTML::Element objects as nodes. The return value from parse_html() is $obj. parse_htmlfile($file, [$obj]) Same as parse_html(), but pulls the HTML to parse, from the named file. Returns "undef" if the file could not be opened, or $obj otherwise. When a "HTML::TreeBuilder" object is created, the following variables control how parsing takes place: $HTML::Parse::IMPLICIT_TAGS Setting this variable to true will instruct the parser to try to deduce implicit elements and implicit end tags. If this variable is false you get a parse tree that just reflects the text as it stands. Might be useful for quick & dirty parsing. Default is true. Implicit elements have the implicit() attribute set. $HTML::Parse::IGNORE_UNKNOWN This variable contols whether unknow tags should be represented as elements in the parse tree. Default is true. $HTML::Parse::IGNORE_TEXT Do not represent the text content of elements. This saves space if all you want is to examine the structure of the document. Default is false. $HTML::Parse::WARN Call warn() with an appropriate message for syntax errors. Default is false. REMEMBER! HTML::TreeBuilder objects should be explicitly destroyed when you're finished with them. See HTML::TreeBuilder. SEE ALSO
HTML::Parser, HTML::TreeBuilder, HTML::Element AUTHOR
Current maintainers: o Christopher J. Madsen "<perl AT cjmweb.net>" o Jeff Fearn "<jfearn AT cpan.org>" Original HTML-Tree author: o Gisle Aas Former maintainers: o Sean M. Burke o Andy Lester o Pete Krawczyk "<petek AT cpan.org>" You can follow or contribute to HTML-Tree's development at http://github.com/madsen/HTML-Tree <http://github.com/madsen/HTML-Tree>. COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright 1995-1998 Gisle Aas, 1999-2004 Sean M. Burke, 2005 Andy Lester, 2006 Pete Krawczyk, 2010 Jeff Fearn, 2012 Christopher J. Madsen. This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The programs in this library are distributed in the hope that they will be useful, but without any warranty; without even the implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. perl v5.14.2 2012-06-30 HTML::Parse(3pm)