Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: how to get real user name
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to get real user name Post 302129781 by hemangjani on Wednesday 1st of August 2007 03:29:15 PM
Old 08-01-2007
who | awk -F' ' '{ print $1 }' | sort | uniq > list2; while read record; do cat /etc/passwd | grep $record | cut -d: -f5; done < list2; rm list2

Smilie

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

In real time - what user connects or disconnect

Write a tool that will be displayed in real time, what user connects or disconnects from a system that uses this tool :)) Maybe anyone can help me? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: titasas
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Help with who am i . Not displaying real user

Hi I'm trying to get the real username of any user running as root on my server. On one of my server running Sol 10, if I su to root and run who am i, it displays my username. which is what I want. But when I run it on another server, this time on Sol 8, it displays root as the user. Is... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisdom
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wget script to simulate real user visits

so i'm using the following script to attempt to simulate a user visiting a page but unfortunately, it doesn't look like this is working: wget -nv -r "http://www.mywebsite.com" does anyone have a better idea of how to do this? the goal here is to run a wget command from a linux host to a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Log all the commands input by user at real time in /var/log/messages

Below is my script to log all the command input by any user to /var/log/messages. But I cant achieve the desired output that i want. PLease see below. function log2syslog { declare COMMAND COMMAND=$(fc -ln -0) logger -p local1.notice -t bash -i -- "$USER:$COMMAND" } trap... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: invinzin21
12 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Regarding real example of user of semicolon(;) and + in find/exec command.

Hello All, Was recently working on an requirement where we have to search files more than a specific number, following is the example on same. Let's say file names are test_40000.txt,test_40001.txt and so on till test_99999.txt. Now requirement was to search from find command only those... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RavinderSingh13
1 Replies

6. Programming

Real, effective and saved user id in C program

I figured it out by now. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ralph
0 Replies
rtprio(1)						      General Commands Manual							 rtprio(1)

NAME
rtprio - execute process with real-time priority SYNOPSIS
priority command [arguments] priority command [arguments] DESCRIPTION
executes command with a real-time priority, or changes the real-time priority of currently executing process pid. Real-time priorities range from zero (highest) to 127 (lowest). Real-time processes are not subject to priority degradation, and are all of greater (schedul- ing) importance than non-real-time processes. See rtprio(2) for more details. If is specified instead of a real-time priority, executes command with a timeshare (non-real-time) priority, or changes the currently exe- cuting process pid from a possibly real-time priority to a timeshare priority. The former is useful to spawn a timeshare priority command from a real-time priority shell. If is not specified, command is not scheduled, or pid's real-time priority is not changed, if the user is not a member of a group having access and is not the user with appropriate privileges. When changing the real-time priority of a currently executing process, the effec- tive user ID of the calling process must be the user with appropriate privileges, or the real or effective user ID must match the real or saved user ID of the process to be modified. RETURN VALUE
returns exit status 0 if command is successfully scheduled or if pid's real-time priority is successfully changed, 1 if command is not exe- cutable or pid does not exist, and 2 if command (pid) lacks real-time capability, or the invoker's effective user ID is not a user who has appropriate privileges, or the real or effective user or the real or effective user ID does not match the real or saved user ID of the process being changed. EXAMPLES
Execute file at a real-time priority of 100: Set the currently running process pid 24217 to a real-time priority of 40: AUTHOR
was developed by HP. SEE ALSO
setprivgrp(1M), getprivgrp(2), rtprio(2). rtprio(1)