Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: problem with SCP
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers problem with SCP Post 302129705 by ahmedwaseem2000 on Wednesday 1st of August 2007 09:07:27 AM
Old 08-01-2007
try rcp. but rcp is not present in all the servers so its safe to go for FTP or telnet

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

scp problem

I am using scp to get files from a Windows systemr to a Unix system. The ssh server is on Windows. The problem is that the file permissions for files that come from Windows are 700. Can any one help out with how I can set permissions to anything else? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: blowtorch
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

scp problem

Hi, I have problem using scp in an AIX machine, where I need to use full path to scp from /dirA but i dont have to from /dirB of the same machine. Below are some details & scp -v output (truncated). I've checked the permission & settings of both dir/FS are the same. Please help. scenario scp... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: juliehussin
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

scp problem

I have some problems using scp between a server Sun Solaris and a SecurePlatform Checkpoint. If I try to copy a simple file txt from the server Sun Solaris to the SecurePlatform, I have problems!!!!!!... server:/export/home/appmgt# scp 1.txt admin2@fwtest:~ lost connection ... if I try to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Minguccio75
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with SCP parellel processing

Hi All, I am trying to take Bulk Log files from around 24 Remote servers using my shell script. I am using SCP for this. I need to take log files every 15 min, so I am thinking about the parallel processing mechanism in UNIX.The 24 remote machines username,servername reading from properties... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: scorpio
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

scp problem in crontab

Hello there: I hope you can help me. I have this problem: I have the next script: #!/bin/bash #copy all backuped files to main server scp /root/opennms_etc_$fecha.tar.gz opennms2@10.245.10.196: scp /root/opennms_all_$fecha.sql opennms2@10.245.10.196: scp /root/pg_hba.conf ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobbasystem
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problem with ssh and scp

Hi there, I'm working with two linux servers and if I use ssh to connect from 1 to 2 everything works fine ( ..as usual:rolleyes:), while if I try to connect via ssh or to copy files through scp (as I usually do...) from 2 to 1, after the password I get this message: Connection closed by... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Giordano Bruno
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with SCP command

hi, I am successfully running following command from command prompt $ scp oracle@172.16.0.11:/back/crmemo.csv /sales/ but when i am running the same command from a script it copying '?' in sales (destination) folder. Following is the script #!/bin/sh scp... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: RIAZ
14 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trying to copy Using scp facing problem

source file is located in (elk.some.com) /export/elk2/vp141p/Somedir/dist/current/Filename.ear destination machine(191.hydc.xxx.com) /export/home/vp141p/ARCHIVE scp -p vp141p@hstst191.hydc.sbc.com:/export/elk2/vp141p/PM_Build_SBS/Build_PVT_SBS/dist/current/Filename.ear . The above code is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vishwakar
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

scp command problem

I am trying to copy file . On the remote host I have dir structure as ... /opt/product/11.2.0/ and underneath 11.2.0 I have db and db112 dirs.. and there are sub dirs underneath db and db112.. scp xyx:/tmp/1.sh /opt/oracle/11.2.0/*/hs/admin/1.sh the idea here is copy 1.sh to both db... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: talashil
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Scp, problem, .bashrc

I have a problem with SCP, trying to use this solution in .bashrc: scp printed an error message: "Write failed flushing stdout buffer. write stdout: Broken pipe." or "packet too long". Your shell startup file (e.g., ~/.cshrc, ~/.bashrc), which is run when scp connects, might be writing a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: orange47
3 Replies
.K5LOGIN(5)							File Formats Manual						       .K5LOGIN(5)

NAME
.k5login - Kerberos V5 acl file for host access. DESCRIPTION
The .k5login file, which resides in a user's home directory, contains a list of the Kerberos principals. Anyone with valid tickets for a principal in the file is allowed host access with the UID of the user in whose home directory the file resides. One common use is to place a .k5login file in root's home directory, thereby granting system administrators remote root access to the host via Kerberos. EXAMPLES
Suppose the user "alice" had a .k5login file in her home directory containing the following line: bob@FUBAR.ORG This would allow "bob" to use any of the Kerberos network applications, such as telnet(1), rlogin(1), rsh(1), and rcp(1), to access alice's account, using bob's Kerberos tickets. Let us further suppose that "alice" is a system administrator. Alice and the other system administrators would have their principals in root's .k5login file on each host: alice@BLEEP.COM joeadmin/root@BLEEP.COM This would allow either system administrator to log in to these hosts using their Kerberos tickets instead of having to type the root pass- word. Note that because "bob" retains the Kerberos tickets for his own principal, "bob@FUBAR.ORG", he would not have any of the privileges that require alice's tickets, such as root access to any of the site's hosts, or the ability to change alice's password. SEE ALSO
telnet(1), rlogin(1), rsh(1), rcp(1), ksu(1), telnetd(8), klogind(8) .K5LOGIN(5)