Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: sFTP result
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sFTP result Post 302129688 by ahmedwaseem2000 on Wednesday 1st of August 2007 07:23:17 AM
Old 08-01-2007
try this:

on the source server
Code:
 sed -n '$=' datafile > count_file

FTP both count_file and datafile

then on the target server try this

Code:

sed '$=' datafile |read TGT_COUNT
cat count_file |read SOURCE_COUNT

if [[ $TGT_COUNT -eq $SOURCE_COUNT ]]; then

echo "FTP SUCCESSFULL"

else
echo "FTP FAILED"
exit 1
fi

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sftp result

Hi, I have a sftp account to another server, from which I need to find out all the files match "*.abc.*.xml" pattern in a certain directory. I have a batchfile as follows cd /tmp ls -l *.abc.*.xml quit then I run output=`/usr/local/bin/sftp -B $batchfile $USER@$HOST` the result looks... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mpang_
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Outputting formatted Result log file from old 30000 lines result log<help required>

Well I have a 3000 lines result log file that contains all the machine data when it does the testing... It has 3 different section that i am intrsted in 1) starting with "20071126 11:11:11 Machine Header 1" 1000 lines... "End machine header 1" 2) starting with "20071126 12:12:12 Machine... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikas.iet
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

display the result of wc -l with words before and after the result

hello showrev -p | wc -l returns: 381 What to do in case I want to have this output: number of lines returned by showrev -p is: 381 thx (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: melanie_pfefer
3 Replies

4. AIX

SFTP Failed---Request for subsystem 'sftp' failed on channel 0

Hi, While I am trying SFTP my machine to another unix machine , it was working fine till 10 min back. But now i am getting the below error "Request for subsystem 'sftp' failed on channel 0" Could you please someone help me to solve or analyise the root cause... Cheers:b:, Mahiban (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahiban
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

what is the result of this?

if ] (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prathimahsc
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP-how to log individual sftp command error while executing shell script

Hi, I have situation where i need to automate transferring 10000+ files using sftp. while read line do if ; then echo "-mput /home/student/Desktop/folder/$line/* /cygdrive/e/folder/$line/">>sftpCommand.txt fi done< files.txt sftp -b sftpCommand.txt stu@192.168.2.1 The above... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: noobrobot
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

Chroot sftp users, remote sftp login shows wrong timestamp on files

Hello, I have a weird issue, I have RHEL 5.7 running with openssh5.2 where sftpgroup OS group is chroot. I see the difference difference in timestamp on files, when I login via ssh and SFTP, I see four hour difference, is something missing in my configuration. #pwd... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby320
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sftp : not able to print the echo statements after the sftp transfer

I had the below sftp script working perfectly but the problem is I am not able to send the echo statements . #!/bin/sh echo "Starting to sftp..." sftp admin@myip << END_SCRIPT cd /remotepath/ lcd /localpath/ mget myfiles*.csv bye END_SCRIPT echo "Sftp successfully." echo echo... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptscript
11 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sftp using batchfile - storing result local

I'm making an sftp-connection to a remote server. I want the result of an ls-command in a local file and the result of ls on another folder in another local file. Because everything has to go as fast a possible I wan't to do everyting in one connection. The command I use is : psftp -v -batch -b... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pistach
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to compare the current result with previous line result.?

Hi Gurus, I have requirement to compare current result with previous reuslt. The sample case is below. 1 job1 1 1 job2 2 1 job3 3 2 job_a1 1 2 job_a2 2 2 job_a3 3 3 job_b1 1 3 job_b2 2 for above sample file, GID is group ID, for input line, the job run... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ken6503
1 Replies
Xmark(1)						      General Commands Manual							  Xmark(1)

NAME
Xmark - summarize x11perf results SYNTAX
Xmark datafile DESCRIPTION
Xmark is a shell script that reads the indicated datafile and compiles a benchmark which it writes to standard output. It writes three numbers: A weighted performance number for the x11perf results. A weighted performance number for a standard SparcStation 1, with SunOS 4.1.2, X11R5 Xsun, and a CG3 dumb Color Frame Buffer. The Xmark, which is the ratio of the two numbers above. The datafile must be an ordinary file, produced by x11perf in the following way: x11perf -display display -v1.3 -rop GXcopy GXxor -all > datafile It is possible to run the GXcopy and GXxor tests separately, as long as they are concatenated to the same output file: x11perf -display display -v1.3 -rop GXcopy -all > datafile x11perf -display display -v1.3 -rop GXxor -all >> datafile or x11perf -display display -v1.3 -rop GXxor -all > datafile x11perf -display display -v1.3 -rop GXcopy -all >> datafile FILES
temp.$$ Temporary file created in the current directory, deleted after use. DIAGNOSTICS
Usage: Xmark datafile Xmark was invoked without arguments or with more than one argument, or with options. Xmark takes no options. Error: data file does not exist or is not ordinary. Xmark cannot find the datafile named on its command line, or the datafile is a special file such as a directory. WARNING: datafile contains nnn, not 441 or 447 'trep' results; The file named on the command line does not seem to be a file generated by x11perf in the expected way. Diagnostic: ERROR: sum of weights =nnn, not equal to 4566.0; There is an internal error in Xmark. SEE ALSO
X(7), x11perf(1), x11perfcomp(1) X Version 11 x11perf 1.5.4 Xmark(1)