Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting to print output using shell command Post 302129272 by Shell_Life on Monday 30th of July 2007 09:00:50 AM
Old 07-30-2007
Another way:
Code:
grep -f pattern_file big_file 2>/dev/null

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can we use 'tr' command to print 5th column of output of 'ls -l'

Hi All, I know awk command can do it, but can we use tr command to print 5th column of out put 'ls -l' command???? Regards, Nidhi... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nidhi2177
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to search through numbers and print the output

Suppose u have a file like 1 30 ABCSAAHSNJQJALBALMKAANKAMLAMALK 4562676268836826826868268468368282972982 2863923792102370179372012792701739729291 31 60... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdfd123
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how can i print the output of the shell script in bigger size

how can i print the output of the shell script in bigger size eg: echo " hello world" i want to print this in the output with bigger size in the middle of the screen. can someone please help me out in that (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mail2sant
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command : To print the output to a file

half of the problem is already solved with the help of bartus11 suggestion I have a txt file having rows and coulmns, i want to perform some operation on a specific coulmn starting from a specific line. 50.000000 1 1 1 1000.00000 1000.00000 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shashi792
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

print output of a command in same as shell in mail : please help

i have written a simple script to print the out of a command and send an mail but i am not getting a shell output here .please see my script present output is like this i need an output as same as shell Postfix log summaries for Jan 24 Grand Totals ------------ messages 1432 received 1439... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: unimaxlin
2 Replies

6. AIX

Print output of grep command in multuple lines

HI All, I am using grep command to serach a pattern in a list of files and storing the output in a variable. Then i am applying some logic on that variable to get the required output. But Thing is that when the pattern is present mutiple times in a file, i am getting the output of grep in a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: goutam sahoo
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Print each output of loop in new column using awk or shell

I have this output from a loop a11 1,2 3,4 5,6 7,8 12,8 5,4 3,6 a12 10,11 12,13 15,18 20,22 a13 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maryre89
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print the output of a select query using shell script?

HI, I want to connect to database and fetch the count from a table. The sql query is as below : select count(*) from table_test where test_column='read'; How can I print the output of this statement using shell script. Thanks in advance. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: confused_info
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to Print output in table using shell script

#! /bin/ksh #] && . ./.profile 2>/dev/null if test -f '.profile'; then . ./.profile; fi; #. .profile LOG_DIR=/app/rpx/jobs/scripts/just/logs sendEmail() { pzCType="$1"; pzTitle="$2"; pzMsg="$3"; pzFrom="$4"; pzTo="$5"; pzFiles="$6"; pzReplyTo="$7" ( ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ankit.mca.aaidu
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need shell script to Telnet multiple node , Ping some IP and print output

Hi Team, Need shell script to Telnet multiple node , Ping some IP and print output like pass or fail. Need this script to check reachability of multiple nodes at same time. Help me. I use this but not working... Eg. in this script i need to telnet... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ganesh Mankar
4 Replies
ZGREP(1)						      General Commands Manual							  ZGREP(1)

NAME
zgrep - search possibly compressed files for a regular expression SYNOPSIS
zgrep [ grep_options ] [ -e ] pattern filename... DESCRIPTION
Zgrep invokes grep on compressed or gzipped files. These grep options will cause zgrep to terminate with an error code: (-[drRzZ]|--di*|--exc*|--inc*|--rec*|--nu*). All other options specified are passed directly to grep. If no file is specified, then the standard input is decompressed if necessary and fed to grep. Otherwise the given files are uncompressed if necessary and fed to grep. If the GREP environment variable is set, zgrep uses it as the grep program to be invoked. EXIT CODE
2 - An option that is not supported was specified. AUTHOR
Charles Levert (charles@comm.polymtl.ca) SEE ALSO
grep(1), gzexe(1), gzip(1), zdiff(1), zforce(1), zmore(1), znew(1) ZGREP(1)