Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Password on File
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Password on File Post 302128974 by lazytech on Friday 27th of July 2007 11:01:49 AM
Old 07-27-2007
Thats an interesting question you post. For some reason sudo popped into my head. The only thing with sudo is root has all access. Maybe there is a way to configure that differently.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

File password.

Hello, Is there a way to protect a file with password on opening the file. Thank You (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: satish
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Password protect a file

I have created a PHP page that I use to clean files on my machine. I would like to leave the file there but I want to password protect it so that I am the only one that can run it from the shell. Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks. -Cam (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: perryl7
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to change root password using shell script with standard password

Hi Friends. I am new to scripting now i want to change the root password using the script with standard password. which is the easy scripting to learn for the beginner, Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kurva
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problem in converting password protected excel file to csv file in unix

I need to convert a password protected excel file which will be in UNIX server to a comma separated file. For this I need to open the excel file in UNIX box but the UNIX box doesn't prompt for password instead it is opened in an encrypted manner. I could manually ftp the excel file to local... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Devivish
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Password Protecting a File

hello there. Is there a way to password protect a file and make it so that several passwords can open it? i'm trying to write a script that open up a file if the password given by a user is one of many other passwords in the database of the file. not sure if this is possible. thanks the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

password protect a CSV file: better solution than ZIP password?

Hi We send *.csv with sensitive data to our customers. Our customers open those files with Excel. A new requirement is that we password protect those CSV files. I thought to pack them with ZIP and assign a password to the archive. But Solaris 10 can't encrypt ZIP files. $ zip -P... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: slashdotweenie
12 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Password Protecting a File

Hi Guys, I am generating a csv file using a shell script in Unix. Please can you guys advise if I can also password protect the file. Best Regards, Shaz (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shazin
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SSH password from file

Hi Admin I'm trying to execute on a script which in my production server. The production server has to phase login. First, we need to login to a Taxi server by opening a putty session from there we need to login to production server. Both servers using same LDAP id so I am able to login with... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: senthil.ak
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Zip a file with password

Hi, newbie to Linux, is there another way to zip a file with a password other than using 'zip' command? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mined
7 Replies

10. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Password sent via reset password email is 'weak' and won't allow me to change my password

I was unable to login and so used the "Forgotten Password' process. I was sent a NEWLY-PROVIDED password and a link through which my password could be changed. The NEWLY-PROVIDED password allowed me to login. Following the provided link I attempted to update my password to one of my own... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rich Marton
1 Replies
ATF-SH(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 ATF-SH(1)

NAME
atf-sh [-s shell] -- interpreter for shell-based test programs SYNOPSIS
atf-sh script DESCRIPTION
atf-sh is an interpreter that runs the test program given in script after loading the atf-sh(3) library. atf-sh is not a real interpreter though: it is just a wrapper around the system-wide shell defined by ATF_SHELL. atf-sh executes the inter- preter, loads the atf-sh(3) library and then runs the script. You must consider atf-sh to be a POSIX shell by default and thus should not use any non-standard extensions. The following options are available: -s shell Specifies the shell to use instead of the value provided by ATF_SHELL. ENVIRONMENT
ATF_LIBEXECDIR Overrides the builtin directory where atf-sh is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_PKGDATADIR Overrides the builtin directory where libatf-sh.subr is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. Scripts must not rely on this variable being set to select a specific interpreter. EXAMPLES
Scripts using atf-sh(3) should start with: #! /usr/bin/env atf-sh Alternatively, if you want to explicitly choose a shell interpreter, you cannot rely on env(1) to find atf-sh. Instead, you have to hardcode the path to atf-sh in the script and then use the -s option afterwards as a single parameter: #! /path/to/bin/atf-sh -s/bin/bash ENVIRONMENT
ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. SEE ALSO
atf-sh(3) BSD
September 27, 2014 BSD