Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Expect/Tcl help?
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Expect/Tcl help? Post 302128773 by earnstaf on Thursday 26th of July 2007 10:01:14 AM
Old 07-26-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by sysgate
See if this will satisfy your needs.
Actually, I haven't done this so far, but looks interesting to me, so here's what I found :
Code:
log_file -a "/tmp/expect-ssh"
send_log "this is for the log test"

I guess this is what your looking for. HTH.
Hey sysgate... I had found this log_file a little after posting this. I think it's definitely the right track. I'll play with it some today. I'd like to find a way to put the actually error message to log (as opposed to my echo'ed line.) I think in Expect I need to have the file open as well.

Thanks for the reply... I'll get it eventually Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

TCL/Expect project questions

I am rewriting the first big script project I ever coded to clean up some issues, mainly my really clumsy bash code, and to migrate to TCL/Expect. I have a couple of questions that I could use some help with. 1.) The script needs to know where it is located. I realize that I could use "find /... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thumper
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect with tcl/tk

hai all, i have an tcl script in which i have been reading the DUT Command prompt of an cisco switch as DUT Command Prompt : cisco* and running the test case of stp now the problem is if i have given any blank space in between the cisco or at the startup then the Expect is not identifying the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanjustudy
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tcl expect HELP

In the following "for" loop I assume the the script will expect "anyway", "first" NOT in any paticular order and send "yes" when there found, breaking out of the loop when "$prompt" is found. The way it is working is like 3 individual expect lines, and they MUST be in cronological order. ANY help... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dave_m
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

tcl/expect

Can someone identify what is the problem here?. no children while executing "exp_wait -nowait -i -1" (procedure "logOptions" line 45) invoked from within "logOptions" (procedure "doExecute" line 98) invoked from within "doExecute" (procedure "main" line 32) ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: calsum
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with TCL/Expect in Solaris 5.3

I'm having this problem with a very simple tcl expect script that is running on Solaris 5.3 with TCL version 8.4.7 and expect version 5.0. below is the simplified version of the code snippet, which I think has everything to illustrate the problem, the full version is at the very bottom in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinchharmonic
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

TCL/Expect not working as expected

I am having an issue with TCL\Expect; I am passing arguments via the commandline that are read in via "lrange $argv". One of those var's is a password with characters that need to be escapaed, after escaping them an hitting enter expect is placing curly braces around my password... why?! ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: RiSk
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Expect/Tcl help

hi, I am new in Expect. I have a question about expect timeout. suppose I have a structure of expect { ".."{ send"............"} timeout{ ............... } } The silly question is if I reach timeout, how can I store the error message showing on the screen to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: allenxiao7
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

expect TCL script

Hello, I write a TCL script for Expect/ Telnet. I want to send command to the telnet server. But I want to close after the command is sent. Anybody know which command can flush the expect so I can sure the command is sent to the telnet server??? EX: send "./command1\r" close... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: linboco
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert my shell script into expect/tcl

hi experts, how will i convert the first part of my script into expect or tcl since shell script cannot be embedded into expect script ? i have 100+ servers in my serverlist. how will i call or declare it in expect or tcl ? #!/usr/sbin/expect -f serverlist=`cat $1` for i in serverlist... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxgeek
2 Replies

10. Red Hat

Issue in installing expect and Tcl

Hi I need to install expect in redhat. through net I came to know that I must install tcl too in order to make expect work. I have downloaded both packages but not able to install # ls -lrt total 3720 18:33 tcl8.4.20-src.tar.gz 18:33 expect5.45.3.tar.gz 18:40 expect5.45.3... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptor
7 Replies
Net::Server::Log::Sys::Syslog(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			Net::Server::Log::Sys::Syslog(3pm)

NAME
Net::Server::Log::Sys::Syslog - log via Syslog SYNOPSIS
use base qw(Net::Server::PreFork); __PACKAGE__->run( log_file => 'Sys::Syslog', syslog_ident => 'myapp', ); DESCRIPTION
This module provides Sys::Syslog logging to the Net::Server system. CONFIGURATION
log_file To begin using Sys::Syslog logging, simply set the Net::Server log_file configuration parameter to "Sys::Syslog". If the magic name "Sys::Syslog" is used, all logging will take place via the Sys::Syslog module. If syslog is used the parameters "syslog_logsock", "syslog_ident", and "syslog_logopt",and "syslog_facility" may also be defined. syslog_logsock Only available if "log_file" is equal to "Sys::Syslog". May be either unix, inet, native, console, stream, udp, or tcp, or an arrayref of the types to try. Default is "unix" if the version of Sys::Syslog < 0.15 - otherwise the default is to not call setlogsock. See Sys::Syslog. syslog_ident Only available if "log_file" is equal to "Sys::Syslog". Id to prepend on syslog entries. Default is "net_server". See Sys::Syslog. syslog_logopt Only available if "log_file" is equal to "Sys::Syslog". May be either zero or more of "pid","cons","ndelay","nowait". Default is "pid". See Sys::Syslog. syslog_facility Only available if "log_file" is equal to "Sys::Syslog". See Sys::Syslog and syslog. Default is "daemon". DEFAULT ARGUMENTS FOR Net::Server The following arguments are available in the default "Net::Server" or "Net::Server::Single" modules. (Other personalities may use additional parameters and may optionally not use parameters from the base class.) Key Value Default ## syslog parameters (if log_file eq Sys::Syslog) syslog_logsock (native|unix|inet|udp |tcp|stream|console) unix (on Sys::Syslog < 0.15) syslog_ident "identity" "net_server" syslog_logopt (cons|ndelay|nowait|pid) pid syslog_facility w+ daemon METHODS
"initialize" This method is called during the initilize_logging method of Net::Server. It returns a single code ref that will be stored under the log_function property of the Net::Server object. That code ref takes log_level and message as arguments and calls the initialized log4perl system. "handle_log_error" This method is called if the log_function fails for some reason. It is passed the Net::Server object, the error that occurred while logging and an arrayref containing the log level and the message. In turn, this calls the legacy Net::Server::handle_syslog_error method. LICENCE
Distributed under the same terms as Net::Server perl v5.14.2 2013-11-28 Net::Server::Log::Sys::Syslog(3pm)