Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming error "Invalid argument" returned after call sched_setscheduler Post 302128681 by porter on Thursday 26th of July 2007 03:51:46 AM
Old 07-26-2007
Code:
struct sched_param param;

param.sched_priority = 99;

What about the rest of the fields in 'param', are they initialised to zero or just random contents of the stack?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk "Invalid char ' in expession" error

I have an HP PPM (ITG) application that is running an awk command in cygwin bash shell as part of ITG process moving SAP transports on a Windows 2003 server. The awk command checks the first two characters of a file containing return code that was retrieved from the SAP server. It is throwing the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: accsam1
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

"test: argument expected" error

Hi, No need to say I'm new to unix shell scripting. I have a very simple script that goes this way: for datos in `ls -rt $UNXLOG/26-Jan*` do export arch=`echo $datos |cut -d, -f1` if then export linea1=`grep Debut ${arch}` export horatot=`echo $linea1 |cut -d' ' -f5` ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mvalonso
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

"Shell returned" message on Linux

Hi, I am compiling following code on my Linux box using "cc" compilers.I am getting the desired o/p but in the it throws message as "shell returned 208".I would like to know whether is it related to a some kind of error code? 1 #include<stdio.h> 2 3 main () 4 { ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: forstudy3
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

"Argument list too long" error

Hi everyone, I have a problem with my shell script. As a quick overview I need to change a template file 6561 times and copy the file into a new catalogue. Thanks to your forum I have managed to write a script to do so: #!/bin/sh template=$1 for values in {45,165,285}\ {45,165,285}\... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mario8eren
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Trace "free(): invalid next size (normal)" error on arm-linux board

Hi guys, i'm running a program on samsumg 6410 arm cpu board. it caused an "free(): invalid next size (normal)" fail. i try to use gdb for remote debugging: 1, start gdb server on board: gdbserver 192.168.1.20:1234 ./HostAP Process ./HostAP created; pid = 499 Listening on port... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ss1969
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl "Invalid argument error"

Hi , we have a issue in server, we are running a perl script to connect our clients, but we are not able to connect, every time we are getting the "Invalid argument error" Even i checked all the necessary perl modules are i installed in this server, #create the listen socket my... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anishkumarv
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

exec perl in expect script yields "invalid command"

I'm trying to execute something like this: exec perl -i -pe 's/\015/\012/g' '${file}' in my expect script and I get: error "invalid command name \"perl\". however, if I run perl -i -pe 's/\015/\012/g' "/Users/Shared/menu-items.txt" directly in my terminal, it runs fine. I'm an... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dpouliot
4 Replies

9. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Perl error: Can't call method "value" on an undefined value

Hi, I am running a perl script to automate a process and I keep running into a error can't find the "value" Can't call method "value" on an undefined value at process_file.pl line 44. file is CVS cell is ifdfdxrfmp.ksh Here is the script I have also attached it as well: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vpundit
2 Replies

10. AIX

Bison -pap_expr_yy invalid character:% unexpected "identifier" while running make for Apache2.4.3 64

The Follwing packages are installed on my AIX 6.1 box gcc-4.7.2-1 gcc-c++-4.7.2-1 gcc-cpp-4.7.2-1 gcc-gfortran-4.7.2-1 libgcc-4.7.2-1 libgomp-4.7.2-1 libstdc++-4.7.2-1 libstdc++-devel-4.7.2-1 gmp-5.0.5-1 libmpc-1.0.1-2 libmpc-devel-1.0.1-2 libmpcdec-1.2.6-1 libmpcdec-devel-1.2.6-1... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ashish Gupta
0 Replies
pthread_attr_getschedparam(3C)											    pthread_attr_getschedparam(3C)

NAME
pthread_attr_getschedparam, pthread_attr_setschedparam - get or set schedparam attribute SYNOPSIS
cc -mt [ flag... ] file... -lpthread [ library... ] #include <pthread.h> int pthread_attr_getschedparam(const pthread_attr_t *restrict attr, struct sched_param *restrict param); int pthread_attr_setschedparam(pthread_attr_t *restrict attr, const struct sched_param *restrict param); The functions pthread_attr_setschedparam() and pthread_attr_getschedparam(), respectively, set and get the scheduling parameter attributes in the attr argument. The contents of the param structure are defined in <sched.h>. For the SCHED_FIFO and SCHED_RR policies, the only required member of param is sched_priority. If successful, the pthread_attr_setschedparam() and pthread_attr_getschedparam() functions return 0. Otherwise, an error number is returned to indicate the error. The pthread_attr_setschedparam() function may fail if: EINVAL attr is invalid. The pthread_attr_getschedparam() function may fail if: EINVAL attr or param is invalid. USAGE
After these attributes have been set, a thread can be created with the specified attributes using pthread_create(). Using these routines does not affect the current running thread. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |MT-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pthread_attr_init(3C), pthread_attr_setscope(3C), pthread_attr_setinheritsched(3C), pthread_attr_setschedpolicy(3C), pthread_create(3C), pthread_setschedparam(3C), attributes(5), standards(5) 23 Mar 2005 pthread_attr_getschedparam(3C)