Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Java to tuxedo through cron
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Java to tuxedo through cron Post 302128657 by charu on Thursday 26th of July 2007 12:32:52 AM
Old 07-26-2007
Java to tuxedo through cron

Hi,

I am kind of new to both tuxedo and cron. I am trying to run a java program, which will talk to middleware tuxedo. When I run the java program from command line, it is working fine. However, when I try to run the same program from cron, it is giving me an exception as stated below:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
at java.lang.J9VMInternals.initialize(J9VMInternals.java:195)
at com.csgsystems.aruba.connection.ConnectionFactory.createConnection(ConnectionFactory.java:45)
at QueryBalance.getBalance(QueryBalance.java:47)
at ExpBalCust.RetExpBalCust(ExpBalCust.java:63)
at ExpBalCust.main(ExpBalCust.java:237)
Caused by: terrapin.tuxedo.FmlError:
at terrapin.tuxedo.Fml32.Fldid(Native Method)
at com.csgsystems.aruba.connection.Connection.<clinit>(Connection.java:60)
at java.lang.J9VMInternals.initializeImpl(Native Method)
at java.lang.J9VMInternals.initialize(J9VMInternals.java:177)
... 4 more

In the script which will run the java program from cron, I am setting the CLASSPATH, PATH and LIBPATH env varibales correctly.

Please help me.

Thanks in advance.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

java errors when calling from cron

I am more or less new to using cron, and I am trying to automate a log cleaning system I have made. The system basically cleans through WWW logs that are mounted on an NFS and creates text files for entry into a local PostgreSQL DB. For the past year I have been running the various scripts and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mntamago
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running java class with a cron

Hello everybody, I have a problem about running a java class with a cron : I have Cron.txt file which has : 0,5,10,15,20,25,30,35,40,45,50,55 * * * * CronJava.txt I have CronJava.txt wihich has : cd ias/j2ee/SapAktarim/applications/SapAktarim/SapAktarim/WEB-INF/classes/;java -classpath... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: UBGandalf
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Tuxedo for MQ???

Hi, I am new to the UNIX environment so putting this query here. Was working with mainframes till now. The UNIX system i am working on uses MQ series along with Tuxedo for communicating with mainframes. I want to know why is Tuxedo required in order to use MQ on the unix side? On mainframes... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pav001
1 Replies

4. Programming

Re : Pass parameters from Cron job to Java code

Hello All, Hope all is fine. I am newbie to Unix. I am using Bourne Shell (sh). One of the question I have is that I am trying to read XML file and based on reading that XML file I want to run same java programs at different hours. When I run the Java code, I wanted to pass parameters to my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: samshaw
1 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

Parsing Tuxedo Logs

Right now I am parsing Tuxedo logs to calculate response times for various services. I was hoping to find a log tool that had support for Tuxedo and would generate drill down html reports. ---------- Post updated at 02:35 PM ---------- Previous update was at 02:33 PM ---------- I just wanted... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lurch
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please help on tuxedo linking problem

Dear Unixians, I have try to link my libraries with tuxedo that showing following errors, ] My make file few lines: .... actual linking Please help on this. Thanks,KKL. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kkl
1 Replies

7. UNIX and Linux Applications

tuxedo information

Hi, Anyone know about tuxedo middleware tool. If you aware please guild me. 1) where will i get information about it ? 2) What kind of the basis issue ? I am new in tuxedo, I would like to aware before start my job. Thanks & Regards, Mani (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mani_apr08
1 Replies

8. Infrastructure Monitoring

Tuxedo Query

Hi , The tuxedo is installed in solaris server. I would like to grab one particular tuxedo service from solaris command line. Note: I would like to grab only for service related line. Thank & Regards, Mani (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mani_apr08
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script with Java code in Cron

Dear All, I have a shell script which has JAVA code inside it runs perfectly on command line. But while I set it on cron, all rest of the script runs but Java code doesnt. java -cp... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deei
3 Replies
serialver(1)						      General Commands Manual						      serialver(1)

NAME
serialver - serial version command SYNOPSIS
serialver [ options ] [ classnames ] options Command-line options, as specified in this document. classnames One or more class names. DESCRIPTION
serialver returns the serialVersionUID for one or more classes in a form suitable for copying into an evolving class. When invoked with no arguments, it prints a usage line. OPTIONS
-classpath <directories and zip/jar files separated by:> Set search path for application classes and resources. -show Displays a simple user interface. Enter the full class name and press either the Enter key or the Show button to display the serialVersionUID. -Joption Pass option to the Java virtual machine, where option is one of the options described on the man page for the java applica- tion launcher, java(1). For example, -J-Xms48m sets the startup memory to 48 megabytes. It is a common convention for -J to pass options to the underlying virtual machine. SEE ALSO
See (or search java.sun.com) for the following: java.io.ObjectStreamClass @ http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5/docs/api/java/io/ObjectStreamClass.html 24 June 2004 serialver(1)