Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: fgrep fails...!?
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting fgrep fails...!? Post 302128441 by jgt on Tuesday 24th of July 2007 10:37:45 PM
Old 07-24-2007
FTP will not copy the ownership or permissions of the files, so why not tar all the files into a single archive first, ftp the archive, compare checksums, then extract the files from the archive.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I need help with fgrep or grep

How can I do an and condition with fgrep. I want to do: ps -ef | fgrep -f searchvalues > tempmail.file mailx -s "Email Subject" email@domain.com < tempmail.file The search values file contains: opt/bea.*java.*80 mysqld What I want is to find things that contain: mysqld OR... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmy
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assigning the return of an fgrep???

Im haveing a problem with a script that i am currently writing. I am new to scripting and dont know it all that well. I cant use perl so please dont post perl scripts. The problem is when i try and asign the result of the fgrep to qdetail. It does not seem to like that assignment. any ideas... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: intergltc
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

fgrep

Hi Guys, Can anyone explain why I'm getting error below? when I execute in other server there is no error, what could be the reason. $ fgrep -f timecell.txt ldap_prev.dat wordlist too large $ wc -l timecell.txt ldap_prev.dat 372461 timecell.txt 3722878 ldap_prev.dat Thanks in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishna
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FGREP question

Hi, I need fgrep to search all files in the subdirectories in /var/spool/postfix/defer/... How can I issue such a command? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

fgrep to file plus some

Hi, I know that I can grep desired data to a file but is there a way to add an additional field of data to the output in addition to what is found. I want to add a login id to the data that is found in the grep. Is this even possible? Thanks for your help. Toni (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: ski
14 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

fgrep command

How can we use fgrep command to search pattern on perticular field on a file. eg : I have a parren file having format cat patternfile SPA16S199982 SPA5S26330 I want to seach these pattern on FIRST field of File2(since other field has same data) and that too maching entirely. ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: morbid_angel
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk Vs Fgrep

Hi All, I have 2 files new.txt and old.txt cat new.txt sku1|v1|v2|v3 sku2|v11|v22|v33 sku3|v11|v22|v33 cat old.txt sku1|vx1|vx2|vx3 sku2|vx11|vx22|vx33 sku3|v11|v22|v33 The key column in both files are first column itself. I want to get records in... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: morbid_angel
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pipe and fgrep

Hi , Please help me resolve the below issue. I need to combine the below two command into one. grep 'ImanItemP' import.report| tr -s ' ' | cut -f2 -d ' ' > tmp.txt fgrep -v -f tmp.txt input.txt > reuired file.txt Thanks Ramesh (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramesh12621
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Emulate fgrep -f in perl

Is there any equivalent of the below requirement in perl fgrep -f file1 file2 > file3 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aravindj80
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Fgrep -v

Using the fgrep command with the -v option. I have two files: file1: dog 1 cat 3 bird 5 fish 7file2: dog catUsing fgrep -v file2 file1 According to the fgrep man page, the output should be bird5 fish 7 but I can't seem to get it to work. Any help would be appreciated. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmyf
2 Replies
sum(n)									sum								    sum(n)

NAME
sum - calculate a sum(1) compatible checksum SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.2 package require sum ?1.0? ::crc::sum ?-format format? message ::crc::sum ?-format format? -filename file DESCRIPTION
This package provides a Tcl-only implementation of the sum(1) command which calculates a 16 bit checksum value from the input data. The BSD sum algorithm is used by default but the SysV algorithm is also available. COMMANDS
::crc::sum ?-format format? message ::crc::sum ?-format format? -filename file The command takes string data or a file name and returns a checksum value calculated using the sum(1) algorithm. The result is for- matted using the format(n) specifier provided or as an unsigned integer (%u) by default. OPTIONS
-filename name Return a checksum for the file contents instead of for parameter data. -format string Return the checksum using an alternative format template. EXAMPLES
% crc::sum "Hello, World!" 37287 % crc::sum -format 0x%X "Hello, World!" 0x91A7 % crc::sum -file sum.tcl 13392 SEE ALSO
sum(1), cksum(n), crc32(n) AUTHORS
Pat Thoyts KEYWORDS
sum, cksum, checksum, crc, crc32, cyclic redundancy check, data integrity, security crc 1.0 sum(n)