Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help with pattern search and return Post 302128409 by Shell_Life on Tuesday 24th of July 2007 04:20:30 PM
Old 07-24-2007
Code:
#!/bin/ksh
typeset -i mCnt
mStr='Templates|Bindings'
while read cfilename
do
  mCnt=`echo ${cfilename} | egrep -c "$mStr"`
  if [ $mCnt -eq 0 ]; then
    continue
  fi
  mFirstPart=`echo ${cfilename} | sed 's;\(.*/\).*;\1;'`
  filename_w_ext=`basename $cfilename`
  filename=`echo $filename_w_ext | sed 's;\(.*\)\..*;\1;'`
  echo "filename = " $filename
  echo "First = "$mFirstPart
done < input_file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

search a pattern and if pattern found insert new pattern at the begining

I am trying to do some thing like this .. In a file , if pattern found insert new pattern at the begining of the line containing the pattern. example: in a file I have this. gtrow0unit1/gctunit_crrownorth_stage5_outnet_feedthru_pin if i find feedthru_pin want to insert !! at the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pitagi
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print a pattern between the xml tags based on a search pattern

Hi all, I am trying to extract the values ( text between the xml tags) based on the Order Number. here is the sample input <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <NJCustomer> <Header> <MessageIdentifier>Y504173382</MessageIdentifier> ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: oky
13 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Search specific pattern in file and return number of occurence

Hi I want to search for a specific pattern in file Say ABC;HELLO_UNIX_WORLD;PQR ABC;HELLO_UNIX_WORLD_IS_NOT_ENOUGH;XYZ ABC;HELLO_UNIX_FORUM;LMN Pattern to search is : "HELLO_UNIX_*****" and not "HELLO_UNIX_***_***_" I mean after "HELLO_UNIX" there can only be one word.In this case... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dashing201
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need one liner to search pattern and print everything expect 6 lines from where pattern match made

i need to search for a pattern from a big file and print everything expect the next 6 lines from where the pattern match was made. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash: need to have egrep to return a text string if the search pattern has NOT been found

Hello all, after spending hours of searching the web I decided to create an account here. This is my first post and I hope one of the experts can help. I need to resolve a grep / sed / xargs / awk problem. My input file is just like this: ----------------------------------... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bash4ever
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for a pattern in a String file and count the occurance of each pattern

I am trying to search a file for a patterns ERR- in a file and return a count for each of the error reported Input file is a free flowing file without any format example of output ERR-00001=5 .... ERR-01010=10 ..... ERR-99999=10 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: swayam123
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pattern match exclusive return pattern/variable

I have an application(Minecraft Server) that generates a logfile live. Using Crontab and screen I send a 'list' command every minute. Sample Log view: 2013-06-07 19:14:37 <Willrocksyea1> hello* 2013-06-07 19:14:41 <Gromden29> hey 2013-06-07 19:14:42 Gromden29 lost connection:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gatekeeper258
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use sed to search a particular pattern in a file backward after a pattern is matched.?

Hi, I have two files file1.txt and file2.txt. Please see the attachments. In file2.txt (which actually is a diff output between two versions of file1.txt.), I extract the pattern corresponding to 1172c1172. Now ,In file1.txt I have to search for this pattern 1172c1172 and if found, I have to... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurabh kumar
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search pattern on logfile and search for day/dates and skip duplicate lines if any

Hi, I've written a script to search for an Oracle ORA- error on a log file, print that line and the .trc file associated with it as well as the dateline of when I assumed the error occured. In most it is the first dateline previous to the error. Unfortunately, this is not a fool proof script.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Grep/awk using a begin search pattern and end search pattern

I have this fileA TEST FILE ABC this file contains ABC; TEST FILE DGHT this file contains DGHT; TEST FILE 123 this file contains ABC, this file contains DEF, this file contains XYZ, this file contains KLM ; I want to have a fileZ that has only (begin search pattern for will be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vbabz
2 Replies
BOGOLEXER(1)						    Bogofilter Reference Manual 					      BOGOLEXER(1)

NAME
bogolexer - Utility program for separating email messages into tokens SYNOPSIS
bogolexer [-p] [-q] [-h] [-n] [-v] [-x flags] [-c file] [-C] [-D] [-I file] [-O file] [-V] DESCRIPTION
Bogolexer is part of the bogofilter Bayesian spam filter package. It is used to separate messages into tokens and to test new versions of the lexer.l code. OPTIONS
The -p option tells bogolexer to print just the tokens read from stdin, without any extra messages. The -q option tells bogolexer to print a token count, without printing the actual tokens. The -h option prints the help message and exits. The -n option tells bogolexer to map non-ascii characters to the question point '?'. The -v option increases the verbosity level. The -x flags option allows setting of debug flags for printing debug messages. The -cfilename option tells bogolexer to read the config file named. The -C option prevents bogolexer from reading configuration files. The -D option redirects the debugging output to stdout (it defaults to stderr). The -I filename option tells bogolexer to read its input from the specified file, rather than from stdin. The -O filename option tells bogolexer to write its output to the specified file, rather than to stdout. The -V option prints the version number and exits. AUTHOR
The bogofilter developer team. For updates, see the bogofilter project page[1]. SEE ALSO
bogofilter(1), bogotune(1), bogoupgrade(1), bogoutil(1) NOTES
1. the bogofilter project page http://bogofilter.sourceforge.net/ Bogofilter 03/15/2010 BOGOLEXER(1)