Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: shell script to create dirs
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting shell script to create dirs Post 302128293 by sjajimi on Tuesday 24th of July 2007 12:32:28 AM
Old 07-24-2007
shell script to create dirs

hi,

I would like to know of a shell script to create the following

A script which will take in two parameters i.e. name of file and SID and create directories named /opt/oracle/admin/$SID/{bdump,cdump,udump}. Then edit the init file and change the three lines that look like this.

background_dump_dest = "/opt/oracle/oradata/shared/odvetr2x/bdump"
core_dump_dest = "/opt/oracle/oradata/shared/odvetr2x/cdump"
user_dump_dest = "/opt/oracle/oradata/shared/odvetr2x/udump"

Make them point to the three directories that were created.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

create a shell script

create a shell script that process a file file contain f2f_100.txt 1234 kkk 12345 f2f_101.txt 1234 mmm 11111 retire_200.txt 2222 rrr 22222 retire_201.txt 1112 qqr 12122 output needed if first field is f2f then new file fb_$1 contain $2|$4 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maykap100
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

create a shell script that calls another script and and an awk script

Hi guys I have a shell script that executes sql statemets and sends the output to a file.the script takes in parameters executes sql and sends the result to an output file. #!/bin/sh echo " $2 $3 $4 $5 $6 $7 isql -w400 -U$2 -S$5 -P$3 << xxx use $4 go print"**Changes to the table... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: magikminox
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

script find files in two dirs HELP

I have a directory which is /home/mark/files/ , inside this particular I have a bunch of filles (see examples below) TST_SHU_00014460_20090302.txt TST_SHU_00016047_20090302.txt TST_SHU_00007838_20090303.txt TST_SHU_00056485_20090303.txt TST_SHU_00014460_20090303.txt... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fierusbentus
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help to create shell script.

When i run the following command it shows me following o/p # prtpicl -v -c temperature-sensor | sed -n '/T_TCORE/,/:name/ p' | grep Temperature 61 Temperature 62 i want to put this command in shell script so that when i run the script it says ********************* Proc1 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

To Create shell script files from a shell script

Dear Unix and Linux users, Good evening to all. I'm new to this community and thank you for having an wonderful forum. Dear members i had to create almost some 300 shell script files for a particular task. I tried something like this.... #!usr/bin/sh fname=epdb_jobs for x in `cat $fname`... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: NehaB
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Launching shell scripts from different dirs

Hi, General question, if I have a shell script whcih I launch from anywhere on the system vis the PATH env var, how can I get the script to echo where I launch this from? i.e. /my/home/script/myscript BUT I launch this from /my/otherarea/somewherelse via the env variable. I would... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cyberfrog
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create Shell Script

Create a script to do the following : a. Poll for ctl file abc.ctl b. if the ctl file is found, then check for corresponding dat file(abc.dat) c. if dat file is not found then fail the process e. if dat file is found do file validation File Validation: a. Check the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vivek1489
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Not correct processing of “\ “ in names of dirs inside shell script (tar command - system backup scr

Hello, Recently, I've started with shell scripting, and decided to write a script for my system backup using tar. When I was dealing with tar execution inside shell script I found this, inside shell we have the following code: tar $TAR_PARAMS $ARCHIVE_FILE $EXCLUDE $BACKUP_STARTwith... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ilnar
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to create runtime variables based on the number of parameters passed in the script

Hi All, I have a script which intends to create as many variables at runtime, as the number of parameters passed to it. The script needs to save these parameter values in the variables created and print them abc.sh ---------- export Numbr_Parms=$# export a=1 while do export... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dev.devil.1983
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Iterate over `dirs` in a bash script

I would like to iterate over `dirs`in a script, but the script will never show more than one (current) folder #! /bin/bash for i in `dirs` do echo ${i} done echo ++++++++++++++++++ for i in $( dirs -p ) do echo ${i} done echo ------------------ dirscontent=`dirs` echo... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexanderb
5 Replies
CHING(6)							 BSD Games Manual							  CHING(6)

NAME
ching -- the book of changes and other cookies SYNOPSIS
ching [hexagram] DESCRIPTION
The I Ching or Book of Changes is an ancient Chinese oracle that has been in use for centuries as a source of wisdom and advice. The text of the oracle (as it is sometimes known) consists of sixty-four hexagrams, each symbolized by a particular arrangement of six straight (---) and broken (- -) lines. These lines have values ranging from six through nine, with the even values indicating the broken lines. Each hexagram consists of two major sections. The Judgement relates specifically to the matter at hand (e.g., ``It furthers one to have somewhere to go.'') while the Image describes the general attributes of the hexagram and how they apply to one's own life (``Thus the superior man makes himself strong and untiring.'') When any of the lines have the values six or nine, they are moving lines; for each there is an appended judgement which becomes significant. Furthermore, the moving lines are inherently unstable and change into their opposites; a second hexagram (and thus an additional judgement) is formed. Normally, one consults the oracle by fixing the desired question firmly in mind and then casting a set of changes (lines) using yarrow-stalks or tossed coins. The resulting hexagram will be the answer to the question. Using an algorithm suggested by S. C. Johnson, the UNIX oracle simply reads a question from the standard input (up to an EOF) and hashes the individual characters in combination with the time of day, process id and any other magic numbers which happen to be lying around the system. The resulting value is used as the seed of a random number generator which drives a simulated coin-toss divination. The answer is then piped through nroff(1) for formatting and will appear on the standard output. For those who wish to remain steadfast in the old traditions, the oracle will also accept the results of a personal divination using, for example, coins. To do this, cast the change and then type the resulting line values as an argument. The impatient modern may prefer to settle for Chinese cookies; try fortune(6). DIAGNOSTICS
The great prince issues commands, Founds states, vests families with fiefs. Inferior people should not be employed. SEE ALSO
It furthers one to see the great man. BUGS
Waiting in the mud Brings about the arrival of the enemy. If one is not extremely careful, Somebody may come up from behind and strike him. Misfortune. BSD
May 31, 1993 BSD