Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: filename to string
Top Forums Programming filename to string Post 302128128 by cprognew on Sunday 22nd of July 2007 02:33:55 PM
Old 07-22-2007
filename to string

working with the Win32API
I am trying to implement a function in my program that will take the full

filename and path of a shortcut (.lnk) file and returns an std::string that is

the path+filename+arguments of the program to run, and also a STARTUPINFO

structure that can be passed to CreateProcess along with the string.
Anyways, it requires shobjidl.h and shobjidl.idl, neither of which come with

Dev-C++ 4.9.9.2. If I had these files, or if I had MSVC++, I could use MSDN's

example and be on my way. But I don't have either of those. Is there any way to

resolve (run the program) from a shortcut with Dev-C++?

Shashidhar Iddamsetty

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse and replace string in filename

Hi, I've a filename of this format: "XXX_XXX_TXT.TAR.AS". Need to change the name into this format: "XXX_XXX.TAR.AS". This file resides in a directory. I'm ok with using the find command to search and display it. Essentially I just need to replace the string "_TXT.TAR.AS" to ".TAR.AS". Is awk... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: chengwei
17 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Replacing string with filename

Hi All, I've recently run a script that inserts the filename into all files of my active directory. Now I want to move the filename string and have it replace text a few lines down. In other words, here's what I'm trying to do. Here is a file called 'goodtimes': " goodtimes Hi, Welcome... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: calrog
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove the filename from a string

I have a string like this /Development/ST/st000001su/Outbound/Prod/PROD-732QCJ/63acf2caf91bc136cb9bcce8a85c7fa8/PGP/PGP.txt I want to remove the PGP.txt and I want only the /Development/ST/st000001su/Outbound/Prod/MCFR-732QCJ/63acf2caf91bc136cb9bcce8a85c7fa8/PGP returned. I saw an command... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: srini0603
2 Replies

4. Linux

Find String in FileName and move the String to new File if not found

Hi all, I have a question.. Here is my requirement..I have 500 files in a path say /a/b/c I have some numbers in a file which are comma seperated...and I wanted to check if the numbers are present in the FileName in the path /a/b/c..if the number is there in the file that is fine..but if... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: us_pokiri
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append string to filename

Hi, i wrote the script like... v_date=`date "+%Y%m%d"`; v_date1="rejects_"$v_date'.txt'; echo $v_date1; awk -F\| 'NF==4{ print $0>$v_date1;next} NF!=4 {print $0 >"murali.txt";next}' test1.txt while append data into file as coming like file is $v_date1,but i want data into file... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bmk
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep exact string from files and write to filename when string present in file

I am attempting to grep an exact string from a series of files within a directory and append that output to the filename when it is present in the file. I've been after this all day with no luck. Thanks for your help in advance :wall:. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: JC_1
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk for a string in a filename

Hi there I have the variable command below in a script to list the file name in a directory:FILEN="$(ls <PATH> | awk '{print $1}')". When it is run, it correctly returns the following:. I would like to be able to cut the date/time portion of the filename and store it as a variable for later... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimbojames
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract string from filename

Hi I need to extract the string from file name filename: FILENAME_STRUT_01032013_XXXXXXX.TXT I want 01032013 from the above file name. number of characters may differ before the required string but underscores(-) are same number i.e. after second underscore. Please advise on this. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cnrj
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract filename from a given string

I want to extract the filename from a string. This is how I have the rawdata ina file /home/sid/ftp/testing/abc.txt /home/sid/ftp/tested/testing/def.txt /home/sid/sftp/date/misc/hij.txt i want a script which would provide me an output like this Directory ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sidnow
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to grep for a string on a FILENAME?

I call my bash shell script "test.sh" and pass "admin_usr.txt" as an argument like below. ./test.sh admin_usr.txt Inside the "test.sh" i wish to check if the filename passed "admin_usr.txt" i.e "$1" contains the string "admin" or not ... which in this case it does. Note: I do not wish to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
5 Replies
GIT-MERGETOOL(1)						    Git Manual							  GIT-MERGETOOL(1)

NAME
git-mergetool - Run merge conflict resolution tools to resolve merge conflicts SYNOPSIS
git mergetool [--tool=<tool>] [-y|--no-prompt|--prompt] [<file>...] DESCRIPTION
Use git mergetool to run one of several merge utilities to resolve merge conflicts. It is typically run after git merge. If one or more <file> parameters are given, the merge tool program will be run to resolve differences on each file (skipping those without conflicts). Specifying a directory will include all unresolved files in that path. If no <file> names are specified, git mergetool will run the merge tool program on every file with merge conflicts. OPTIONS
-t <tool>, --tool=<tool> Use the merge resolution program specified by <tool>. Valid merge tools are: araxis, bc3, diffuse, ecmerge, emerge, gvimdiff, kdiff3, meld, opendiff, p4merge, tkdiff, tortoisemerge, vimdiff and xxdiff. If a merge resolution program is not specified, git mergetool will use the configuration variable merge.tool. If the configuration variable merge.tool is not set, git mergetool will pick a suitable default. You can explicitly provide a full path to the tool by setting the configuration variable mergetool.<tool>.path. For example, you can configure the absolute path to kdiff3 by setting mergetool.kdiff3.path. Otherwise, git mergetool assumes the tool is available in PATH. Instead of running one of the known merge tool programs, git mergetool can be customized to run an alternative program by specifying the command line to invoke in a configuration variable mergetool.<tool>.cmd. When git mergetool is invoked with this tool (either through the -t or --tool option or the merge.tool configuration variable) the configured command line will be invoked with $BASE set to the name of a temporary file containing the common base for the merge, if available; $LOCAL set to the name of a temporary file containing the contents of the file on the current branch; $REMOTE set to the name of a temporary file containing the contents of the file to be merged, and $MERGED set to the name of the file to which the merge tool should write the result of the merge resolution. If the custom merge tool correctly indicates the success of a merge resolution with its exit code, then the configuration variable mergetool.<tool>.trustExitCode can be set to true. Otherwise, git mergetool will prompt the user to indicate the success of the resolution after the custom tool has exited. -y, --no-prompt Don't prompt before each invocation of the merge resolution program. --prompt Prompt before each invocation of the merge resolution program. This is the default behaviour; the option is provided to override any configuration settings. TEMPORARY FILES
git mergetool creates *.orig backup files while resolving merges. These are safe to remove once a file has been merged and its git mergetool session has completed. Setting the mergetool.keepBackup configuration variable to false causes git mergetool to automatically remove the backup as files are successfully merged. GIT
Part of the git(1) suite Git 1.7.10.4 11/24/2012 GIT-MERGETOOL(1)