Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Time difference between each line info.... Post 302127879 by gsp on Friday 20th of July 2007 01:57:00 AM
Old 07-20-2007
thanks jgt.....

i understood it but theoritically i feel uncomfortable to put into a scenario that gives the result

if possible will u please come out with a practical example considering the first thread as an example,

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Time service info

Where can i find info about the Time Service of UNIX ??? I need to "speak" with a machine which has UNIX os ( i know its IP address ) and to get from this machine its date or time. I work with Cygwin on my machine. any help will be welcomed .... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Inbal
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Dynamic time to append for every log info

Hi All, What i am looking for: i want to generate a dynamic system time for each and every data(line) which goes on generating data continously.... now i am using this script to append a time for dynamic data generation log file, tail -f filename_error.log|awk -v var="$( date... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsprasanna
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Time difference

Hi, I have a tab delimited file with GMT time. How to convert the GMT to PST time and store the line only if date falls to 2 days ago date. Say today is 16, date should be of 14. or else remove the line abc - - efg - - hij - - kln - - ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandy1028
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to calculate time difference between start and end time of a process!

Hello All, I have a problem calculating the time difference between start and end timings...! the timings are given by 24hr format.. Start Date : 08/05/10 12:55 End Date : 08/09/10 06:50 above values are in mm/dd/yy hh:mm format. Now the thing is, 7th(08/07/10) and... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: smarty86
16 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Time Difference

Is this way of finding the time difference a correct way of doing it or is it error-prone. #****Check if lastrun exist. If exists check if the difference is 1 hour or not and act accordingly*********************** if ; then lastrun_time=`cat $LOG_DIR/lastrun` curr_time=`date +%s` ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreekanthragi
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Time difference between two time stamps

Hi Friends, I have 2 varaibles which contain START=`date '+ %m/%d/%y %H:%M:%S'` END=`date '+ %m/%d/%y %H:%M:%S'` i want the time difference between the two variables in Seconds. Plz help. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: i150371485
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

HELP: Shell Script to read a Log file line by line and extract Info based on KEYWORDS matching

I have a LOG file which looks like this Import started at: Mon Jul 23 02:13:01 EDT 2012 Initialization completed in 2.146 seconds. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- Import summary for Import item: PolicyInformation... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: biztank
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get the time difference between two consecutive line in UNIX perl script

Hi All :o, I have some log files which contains these informations: 2013-04-24 09:11:34.018 INFO XXXXXXXXXXXX 2013-04-24 09:11:34.029 INFO YYYYYYYYYYYY 2013-04-24 09:11:34.039 INFO ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ 2013-04-24 09:12:21.295 INFO TTTTTTTTTTTTTTT 2013-04-24 09:12:21.489 INFO... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shariquehabib
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding line in a file using info from previous line

I have a shell script that looks something like the following: mysql -uroot db1 < db1.sql mysql -uroot db2 < db2.sql mysql -uroot db3 < db3.sql mysql -uroot db4 < db4.sql .... different db names in more than 160 lines. I want to run this script with nohup and have a status later. So,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: MKH
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help on script to capture info on log file for a particular time frame

Hi I have a system running uname -a Linux cmovel-db01 2.6.32-38-server #83-Ubuntu SMP Wed Jan 4 11:26:59 UTC 2012 x86_64 GNU/Linux I would like to capture the contents of /var/log/syslog from 11:00AM to 11:30AM and sent to this info via email. I was thinking in set a cron entry at that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
2 Replies
ENVSUBST(1)								GNU							       ENVSUBST(1)

NAME
envsubst - substitutes environment variables in shell format strings SYNOPSIS
envsubst [OPTION] [SHELL-FORMAT] DESCRIPTION
Substitutes the values of environment variables. Operation mode: -v, --variables output the variables occurring in SHELL-FORMAT Informative output: -h, --help display this help and exit -V, --version output version information and exit In normal operation mode, standard input is copied to standard output, with references to environment variables of the form $VARIABLE or ${VARIABLE} being replaced with the corresponding values. If a SHELL-FORMAT is given, only those environment variables that are referenced in SHELL-FORMAT are substituted; otherwise all environment variables references occurring in standard input are substituted. When --variables is used, standard input is ignored, and the output consists of the environment variables that are referenced in SHELL-FOR- MAT, one per line. AUTHOR
Written by Bruno Haible. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-gnu-gettext@gnu.org>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2003-2007 Free Software Foundation, Inc. License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html> This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for envsubst is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and envsubst programs are properly installed at your site, the command info envsubst should give you access to the complete manual. GNU gettext-runtime 0.17 November 2007 ENVSUBST(1)