Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming kernel values related to mmap Post 302127650 by tobsinte on Thursday 19th of July 2007 02:11:09 AM
Old 07-19-2007
Thanks a lot for the information.

I've checked mmap man pages for more information. MAP_FIXED is not set from the program instead the "flags" argument carries a value MAP_SHARED. But I still couldn't figure out what exactly causes the mmap to return ENOMEM. What else can I possibly check for?

Also since I am not from the IT operations team (who maintains the HP-UX servers) I dont have access to check for the patches since they are the one's who install patches etc. But is there any specific things (like some specific patches info) I can check with operation team to check for me. (else they will keep asking me what to check!)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing Values in the Kernel

I'm getting fork failed errors. I was told I needed to upgrade my swap space but also need to change some values for some parameters in the kernel and add 2 new parameters. I not sure of the correct way of doing this. Thanks in Advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dman110168
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

kernel parameter values

Hi All Need to find kernel parameter values of our UNIX box. /filesys1/tmp>uname -a HP-UX hps1_dc B.11.11 U 9000/800 1681349356 unlimited-user license /filesys1/CDBLprodrun/tmp> Can anyone help me with the cmd to find kernel parameter values? Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mhbd
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove matched values and their related groups

For each value in file1 it has to check in file2 and file3. If value matched it has to delete that value and related group value in file2 and file3. In this example it takes A , deletes A and take related group value 1 and deletes E-1,then checks in file3 and deletes K-1.After that it takes D... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kanagaraj
7 Replies

4. Solaris

Which file is read by kernel to set its default system kernel parameters values?

Hi gurus Could anybody tell me which file is read by kernel to set its default system kernal parameters values in solaris. Here I am not taking about /etc/system file which is used to load kernal modules or to change any default system kernal parameter value Is it /dev/kmem file or something... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: girish.batra
1 Replies

5. Solaris

check the utilization of kernel values ?

Any native Solaris commands/scripts to check the utilization of kernel tables/limits in Solaris ? (like equivalent command in HPUX is kcusage) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thamurali
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mmap()

how to use mmap() to map a file to memory space. Do you have any simple program???? Because I have to implement lot of concepts into it. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gokult
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help related to Script to move files depending on config values

Hi All, I am new to Unix scripting, I have requirement where I need to read the key value pair from config file. Sample Config file: Key(File Pattern) Value(File Directory location) test /Users/Bkumar/Downloads/testdir prod ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sbpkumar7
1 Replies

8. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

mmap

I want to know whether this is possile or ever been tried out. I want to obtain a chuck of memory using mmap() I do it so : n = mmap(0, 8000, PROT_READ|PROT_WRITE, MAP_PRIVATE|MAP_ANONYMOUS, -1, 0); And hold on to that memory, when a process requests for memory, some memory is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xerox
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

need downloading related help...but its not related to unix

Hi All, I am trying to dowmload the zip file "zkManageCustomers.zip " but i dont have access. Can anyone help me to download this file See the below link- http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/opensource/library/wa-aj-open/index.html?ca=drs- Please help me as early as... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aish11
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I list kernel module parameter values?

Hi, I have problem with parameter configuration. My question is after the configuration, how to check if successfully change the value or not? I saw someone has the same question, and followed his steps. Original thread:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: skybb
3 Replies
DH_QUILT_UNPATCH(1)						     Debhelper						       DH_QUILT_UNPATCH(1)

NAME
dh_quilt_unpatch - unapply patches listed in debian/patches/series SYNOPSIS
dh_quilt_unpatch [debhelper options] DESCRIPTION
dh_quilt_unpatch simply calls quilt pop -a after having set the environment variable QUILT_PATCHES to debian/patches. All patches listed in debian/patches/series are then unapplied in the current directory. The command does not fail if the patches have already been unapplied. You can use another directory instead of debian/patches by setting (and exporting) the environment variable QUILT_PATCH_DIR. EXAMPLES
dh_quilt_unpatch is usually called indirectly in a rules file via the dh command. %: dh $@ --with quilt It can also be direcly called in the clean rule. clean: dh_testdir dh_testroot [ ! -f Makefile ] || $(MAKE) clean dh_quilt_unpatch dh_clean NOTES
This tool is useless if you use the source package format 3.0 (quilt). Consider switching to this source format if you haven't done it yet. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7), dh(1). This program is meant to be used together with debhelper. AUTHOR
Raphael Hertzog <hertzog@debian.org> perl v5.14.2 2012-03-04 DH_QUILT_UNPATCH(1)