Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming pick the bug the server enters an infinite loop Post 302127646 by matrixmadhan on Thursday 19th of July 2007 01:53:42 AM
Old 07-19-2007
I could see that its not corrected for a snippet in the client code as well.

Use porter's point to address everywhere when expected return value is not returned from any of send / read

Code:
rc = write(s, buf,sizeof(buf)); 
          if(rc<0)
      {
	perror("write failed");
      }

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

ls command in infinite Loop

Hi, whenever I am giving a 'ls' command system is going into infinite loop displaying the current home directory. There is no separate shell script/file with ls name anywhere in the system. I am using Solaris 10. Any help / guidance in solving this problem is highly appreciated. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: umakant
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

infinite while do loop problem

hi all, this is how my scrip looks like #!/bin/sh bindir='/opt/apps/script/bin' datadir='/opt/apps/script/data' dir='/opt/apps/script' while : ; do ls -1rt /opt/apps/script/data/check.txt*|tail -1 > /dev/null 2>&1 if ;then chmod +rwx $bindir/dummy2.sh ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: tententen
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Infinite while loop

what is the difference between while:,while true and while false? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: proactiveaditya
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Procmail and infinite loop

I wanted to copy (not forward but copy) all incoming email to another address of mine. It worked, but now I encountered an infinite loop problem: When the second address doesn't like the content and bounces the message back, the bounce message will be sent back and forth. So, what I have in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: distill
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Call a infinite loop

Hi All, I need to run an infinite loop. requirement below: function1 --> creates a file file1 function2 ---> need to call if the file creates i am running these both function via a script --> script.sh i need to run the function1 first and if the file file1 creates then need to run the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: satyaranjon
3 Replies

6. Homework & Coursework Questions

Help with infinite loop problem

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: My problem is an infinite loop when i press any other key other then Y or y in the while loop. what i want it to do is return to the normal script outside of it if pressing N or n or keep asking the same question if its any other... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ren_kun
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

My for loop decides to become an infinite loop?

Hi, I was debating if I should put this in the dummies or scripts section, I apologize in advance if I chose poorly. Fairly new to Unix and BASH scripting but I thought I made it fairly well given my limited understanding. However, the output indicates that it's looping and I'm ending up with a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gotreef
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

how do I infinite loop (reconnect) to auto disconnect telnet server

I want the text based Star Wars movie at towel.blinkenlights.nl to loop infinitely. It plays the movie and then disconnects my session? Can anyone think of a way to make my unix machine automatically reconnect over and over? EDIT no commands are required are the connection its just in and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: herot
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to stop infinite loop

Im unable to stop the below infinite loop (bash script). Can someone tell me why this isnt responding to signals eg: ctrl+c (SIGINT) or ctrl+z c=0 test_loop() { c=$(($c+1)) echo "count value is : $c " sleep 1 test_loop } Im using: SunOS 5.10 PS: If run this as... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arun_Linux
13 Replies
bubbros-server(6)						   Games Manual 						 bubbros-server(6)

NAME
bubbros-server - the bub-n-bros server. SYNOPSIS
bubbros-server [ level-file.bin ] [options] DESCRIPTION
bubbros-server starts an http server that acts as a control panel for the server. The server listens on port 8000 by default. The url for the control panel is http://server:port/0xN where 0xN is a random hex number (acts as minimal protection). This url is printed when the server starts. You can start and view games and kill the server from this panel. The control panel also allows you to type in the address of a server to connect to, the script will then open a client to that server. The http server also servers java applet clients for those players who wish to use one. When a game is started the script opens a port for the game server. This port can then be connected to by a client. Clients autodetect servers running on the local network with UDP ping on port 8056. Connection forming The client forms a tcp connection to the server. Or, when using the metaserver, the server forms a connection to the client. If this fails, the client and server try a simultaneous SYN connect. This sometimes works if the server and client are behind firewalls. The server then tries to transmit the data over udp. If it gets no response from the client it will fall back to the existing tcp connection. OPTIONS
-b N, --begin N, --start N Start at board (level) number N. The default is 1. See also the -s option. -h, --help Display help. -i, --infinite Restart the server at the end of the game. Normally the server quits after a certain period of inactivity. This is useful when used with the -m option to make a public server that is available for a long time. -l N, --lives N Limit number of lives to N. If this option is not specified the number of lives will be infinite. -m, --metaserver Register server with the Metaserver (currently) at codespeak.net:8050. This makes your server visible to everybody, and also facil- itates joining through a fascistic firewall. --port TYPE=N Sets default listening ports. If type is LISTEN , sets the game server port to N. The game server port is chosen randomly by default. If the type is HTTP , sets the http server port to N. The http server port defaults to 8000. Another port will be chosen if none was specified and 8000 is already in use. The server also listens to UDP ping on port 8056. -s N, --step N Increase board number with N when a board is completed. Defaults to 1. see also the -b option. OUTPUT
The server outputs helpful debug information concerning the http and game servers. SEE ALSO
bubbros(6) bubbros-client(6) December 7, 2007 bubbros-server(6)