Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Problems AIX and SAN.
Operating Systems AIX Problems AIX and SAN. Post 302127588 by The Doctor on Wednesday 18th of July 2007 05:15:41 PM
Old 07-18-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapilraj
Is that documented anywhere by IBM that DS4000 does not support powerpath,SDD or MPIO ?
AFAIK, there is no documentation, either way, indicating support or no support for powerpath, SDD, or MPIO on AIX with DS4000 Family of products.

Without a "positive" statement of support from IBM, I can only infer "no" support.

Last edited by The Doctor; 07-18-2007 at 11:27 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

urgent problems with ESS SAN, SDD upgrade on AIX 5.3 server

Hi all, Sorry if this is in the wrong place but needed to make sure lots of people saw this so that hopefully someone will be able to help. Basically i've upgraded a test server from 4.3 to 5.3 TL04. The server has hdisk0 and 1 as rootvg locally but then has another vg setup on our ESS... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: djdavies
5 Replies

2. AIX

AIX SAN configuration problems/oddity

Hi, I have a strange problem. we're trying to connect an IBM pseries, to a Brocade switch, for SAN acess, using a badged emulex card, (IBM FC6239) WE can configure the device to see the fabric. The only problem we have is that the Brocade sees the HBA as storage, and not as a HBA. We've zoned... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: praxis22
1 Replies

3. AIX

AIX disk less with SAN

Hi All, I have mirrored SAN volume on my B80 rootvg. Can I just remove the mirror and "Remove a P V from a V G" and it will be a diskless AIX? Is that going to boot on SAN rootvg volume? Thanks in advance, itik (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
3 Replies

4. AIX

maintenance on the SAN with AIX

Hi All, I need to do maintenance on the SAN. Do I need to shutdown AIX as well? Or I can just unmount the SAN-FS and let the SAN reboot or do maintenance mode. And then when SAN is up, just mount it back. Is that simple it is or not? Thanks in advance, itik (1 Reply)
1 Replies

5. AIX

wwpn of san on aix

Hi All, How do I pull out the wwpn of san interface on aix53? Any idea, thanks. (1 Reply)
1 Replies

6. AIX

AIX, VIOS and DS4800 SAN

Hello I have a system with four AIX 5L V5.3 partitions and a Virtual I/O server, connected to a a DS4800 storage array. Now the company bought another DS4800... i made raid on it... and now i wanna give LUN's to the VIOS, so i can use in one of AIX partitions... Someone can help me? ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gfca
5 Replies

7. AIX

AIX mount points (SAN)

I have a mount point that I would like to have RW on one server and RO on 2 other servers. The issue that I have is that it does not seem to update on the RO servers when I make changes on the server that is RW. Lets say I have /oracle/clone mounted RW on serverA. I am able to mount /oracle/clone... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: seacros
2 Replies

8. AIX

AIX San management

Hi All, I'm looking for documents and books about SAN management in AIX5.3. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Greetings, Peter (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: petervg
1 Replies

9. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Oracle/Xen/OVM/OCFS2/Multipath/SAN Problems

Setup: Multiple Virtual Machines running OEL5 / Oracle RDBMS 11.2 OVM 2 / Xen 3.4.0 Cluster consisting of 3 Machines Shared SAN Storage synced with OCFS2 SAN connected with 4GB FC on 4 Paths per LUN SAN target are 2 EMC Clariion mirroring each other The problems we're facing are that... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pludi
6 Replies

10. AIX

AIX LPAR FC connection to SAN

Hi all, In my system, I have HMC 7 with Power Machine 6 & 7. On the managed system, we have many lpars. In some lpars, I can see they are using virtual fiber channel to connect to DS8K storage. In search with google, I understand that it is configured with VIOS server to share the physical FC... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phat
7 Replies
euctoibmj(1)							   User Commands						      euctoibmj(1)

NAME
euctoibmj, ibmjtoeuc - Code conversion between Japanese EUC and IBM-Japanese SYNOPSIS
euctoibmj [-t] [-u code] [-U] [filename...] ibmjtoeuc [-u code] [-U] [filename...] AVAILABILITY
SUNWjfpu DESCRIPTION
euctoibmj converts the contents of the specified filenames from ASCII/ Japanese EUC to EBCDIC/IBM-Japanese. ibmjtoeuc converts the con- tents of the specified filenames from EBCDIC/IBM-Japanese to ASCII/ Japanese EUC. The both commands write the resultant code to stdout. If filename is not given, input characters are read from the standard input. For Japanese language handling, the euctoibmj/ibmjtoeucj pair of commands provide conversion only between the two code standards. Code con- version among Japanese EUC, JIS, and PC kanji are supported by another set of commands, jistoeuc(1) family or iconv(1). OPTIONS
-u code With this option specified, characters in one code set that do not have corresponding characters in the other are mapped to the code given in four-digit hexadecimal HOST CODE of IBM Japanese (for euctoibmj) or in four-digit JIS Ku-Ten code (for ibmjtoeuc). Without this option, such characters are mapped to HOST CODE 4040 (for euctoibmj) or JIS Ku-Ten code 0101 (for ibmjtoeuc). -U The output is not buffered (The default is buffered output). -t With this option specified, euctoibmj translates Half-Size Katakana (Code Set 2) in Japanese EUC to the corresponding characters in Code Set 1 prior to conversion. Without this option, Code Set 2 characters in Japanese EUC are processed to the illegal charac- ter. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
The environment variables LC_CTYPE and LANG control the character classification throughout these commands. For euctoibmj and ibmjtoeuc to work correctly, one or both of the environment variables must be set to ja or an equivalent locale. On entry to these commands, these envi- ronment variables are checked in the following order: LC_CTYPE and LANG. When a valid value is found, remaining environment variables for character classification are ignored. FILES
/usr/lib/jcodetables/ibmj-euc Code conversion table for IBM Japanese. SEE ALSO
iconv(1), jistoeuc(1), iconv_ja(5) DIAGNOSTICS
unexpected data encountered in input. Illegal character code is found in input file. BUGS
The ASCII/EBCDIC conversion table are taken from the 256 character standard in the CACM Nov, 1968. The conversion, while less blessed as a standard, corresponds better to certain IBM print train convertions. There is no universal solution. The Japanese EUC/IBM Japanese conversion table is based on the IBM Kanji codebook (4th edition - September 1987), JIS X 0201, and JIS X 0208-1983. If JIS X 0212 caracter set is specified as input, euctoibmj can not support the conversion correctly. SunOS 5.10 10 Jan 2003 euctoibmj(1)