Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: New Topics?
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators New Topics? Post 302127559 by Perderabo on Wednesday 18th of July 2007 02:45:39 PM
Old 07-18-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Maybe we could create an "UNIX/Linux Applications" forum that covers LDAP, sendmail, NTP, and other unix/linux apps? in the network computing category? or general category?
I also have been thinking that an "applications" forum might be a good idea. Some of the things you mention like sendmail and ntp seem a little bit more part of the OS. But opinions are going to vary on stuff like that. In addition to LDAP, we have had requests for an Oracle forum which seems way too specific. At first I was thinking about a "database" forum, but that still seems too specific when I considered that we don't have a great location for stuff like web servers.

One possible alternative would be a "server applications" forum since client stuff generally will fit in the desktop forum. But an argument against that is that not all applications fit a client-server mold. (Tripwire for instance.) So I like the applications forum idea. Not sure who its parent should be though.

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Interview topics or questions for unix developers with 4.years experience

Hi , I am gonna attend interview this week end for unix developer ( 4.5 years exp) opening .. Can you help me out the topics or the questions which I can expect in the interview. This is may be silly but it is very important to me. Thanks in Advance (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: arukuku
5 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

Search Results (Search, New, and Today's Topics) Animation Switch

Hey, I added an animation switch on the search results page; so by default the thread previews are off, but if you want to look at them, just click on the green button and the thread previews will turn on (and back off). See image and attached animation: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Neo
1 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

Similar Threads: More UNIX and Linux Forum Topics You Might Find Helpful Update

Today I change the DB and the PHP code and rebuilt the database for similar threads at the end of each post, increasing from a max of 5 to a max of 10 similar threads per post: More UNIX and Linux Forum Topics You Might Find Helpful It was quite easy to do: 1. Increased the max size of... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
17 Replies
AMULE(1)							       aMule								  AMULE(1)

NAME
amule - the all-platform eMule p2p client SYNOPSIS
amule [-c <path>] [-geometry <geom>] [-o] [-r] [-w <path>] [-d] [-i] [-t <num>] [eD2k-link] amule [-v] amule [-h] DESCRIPTION
[ -c <path>, --config-dir=<path> ] Read config from <path> instead of home [ -geometry <geom> ] Sets the geometry of the app. <geom> uses the same format as standard X11 apps: [=][<width>{xX}<height>][{+-}<xoffset>{+-}<yoffset>] [ -o, --log-stdout ] Prints log messages to stdout. [ -r, --reset-config ] Resets config to default values. [ -w <path>, --use-amuleweb=<path> ] Specify location of amuleweb binary to <path>. [ -d, --disable-fatal ] Does not handle fatal exception. [ -i, --enable-stdin ] Does not disable stdin. [ -t, --category=<num> ] Set category for passed eD2k links to <num> [ -v, --version ] Displays the current version number. [ -h, --help ] Prints a short usage description. [ eD2k-link ] Adds an eD2k-link to the core. The eD2k link to be added can be: o a file link (ed2k://|file|...), it will be added to the download queue; o a server link (ed2k://|server|...), it will be added to the server list; o a serverlist link, in which case all servers in the list will be added to the server list; o a magnet link. NOTES
Paths For all options which take a <path> value, if the path contains no directory part (i.e. just a plain filename), then it is considered to be under the aMule configuration directory, ~/.aMule. FILES
~/.aMule/* REPORTING BUGS
Please report bugs either on our forum (http://forum.amule.org/), or in our bugtracker (http://bugs.amule.org/). Please do not report bugs in e-mail, neither to our mailing list nor directly to any team member. COPYRIGHT
aMule and all of its related utilities are distributed under the GNU General Public License. SEE ALSO
alc(1), alcc(1), amuled(1), amulecmd(1), amulegui(1), amuleweb(1), cas(1), ed2k(1), wxcas(1), xas(1) AUTHOR
This manpage was written by Vollstrecker <amule@vollstreckernet.de> aMule v2.3.1 November 2011 AMULE(1)