Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: display a process args list
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting display a process args list Post 302127363 by ermur on Tuesday 17th of July 2007 02:19:46 PM
Old 07-17-2007
display a process args list

Hi,

I have a problem.

Suppose there's a process running in background which has many arguments, does anyone know how I can display all the arguments?

I tried both commands ‘ps -o args -fu erwin' and ‘pgrep -f proc_name' but they show only 80 characters which is not enough to display all the arguments in my case.

Thanks for your help

Erwin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how can i display the list of directories(only)

when i am giving ls command it displays all the files and directories how can we the list of directories in the current directory? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: indianguru
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

display full process name

hi, everytime i use the "ps -elf" command to monitor the processes, i always encounter one problem. some process names are just to long and was truncated. what command should i use to display the full command/process that is running. pls help me. urgent. thanks:rolleyes: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: champion
1 Replies

3. AIX

Process status display

On AIX 5.2, I use "ps -ef " command to display the process status, the field of command looks like: , the detailed contents are: # ps -ef |grep rtesfmrt Display: osa 32455 1 0 18:20 - 1:57 The origianl format shoud be: osa 32455 1 0 18:20 - 1:57 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Frank2004
2 Replies

4. Programming

display in a child process a command called in the parent one

Hi , Could you tell me if I am right 1. Using fork(), pipe(), execlp() and dup() (see man 2 dup), write a C program executing the command ps -j in a parent process, displaying the result in a child process. #include <unistd.h> #include <errno.h> #include <stdio.h> #include <unistd.h>... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: remid1985
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to display top 5 process (per cpu consumption)

Hello, I have to create shell script being myself real novice in scripting... I was looking on the Internet for some script examples, but I don't have the basic understanding of the shell. I was trying to do something with “ps” command without success. For exemple total number of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_awd
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to display pid and other parameters of current process through kernel module ?

how to display pid and other parameters of current process in linux platform ? i know it can be done through a linux commmand ps -F but i want it done through kernel program thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vaibhavkorde
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Store args passed in array but not the first 2 args

Store args passed in array but not the first 2 args. # bash declare -a arr=("$@") s=$(IFS=, eval 'echo "${arr}"') echo "$s" output: sh array.sh 1 2 3 4 5 6 1,2,3,4,5,6 Desired output: sh array.sh 1 2 3 4 5 6 3,4,5,6 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: iaav
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Display current directory for a running process for script

I'm trying to create a ksh script to do the following: 1) Ask the user what process they want to search for. 2) Have the script read the input as a variable and use it to search for the process. 3) Display the current time & date, the working directory of the process, and finally display the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: seekryts15
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Display the last part of a number list

Hi , i have a file wich have 50+ of numbers like : 0.014544106 0.005464263 0.014526045 0.005484374 0.014539412 0.005467600 0.014558349 0.005452185 i would like to display the list from the 6th bit to the end for example 0.005452185 (should become) 2185. I've tried with ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Board27
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to display only the first 5 running process using top in shell scripting?

topfunc() { top } topfunc Here i used the top command inside a function,and i called the function. when executing this bash file i get all the process which are using by the kernel i just want to display only the first 5 running process. is it possible? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Meeran Rizvi
7 Replies
XtAppCreateShell(3Xt)						   XT FUNCTIONS 					     XtAppCreateShell(3Xt)

NAME
XtAppCreateShell, XtVaAppCreateShell - create top-level widget instance SYNTAX
Widget XtAppCreateShell(application_name, application_class, widget_class, display, args, num_args) String application_name; String application_class; WidgetClass widget_class; Display *display; ArgList args; Cardinal num_args; Widget XtVaAppCreateShell(application_name, application_class, widget_class, display, ...) String application_name; String application_class; WidgetClass widget_class; Display *display; ARGUMENTS
application_name Specifies the name of the application instance. application_class Specifies the class name of this application. widget_class Specifies the widget class that the application top-level widget should be. display Specifies the display from which to get the resources. args Specifies the argument list from which to get the resources. num_args Specifies the number of arguments in the argument list. ... Specifies the variable argument list from which to get the resources. DESCRIPTION
The XtAppCreateShell function saves the specified application name and application class for qualifying all widget resource specifiers. The application name and application class are used as the left-most components in all widget resource names for this application. XtApp- CreateShell should be used to create a new logical application within a program or to create a shell on another display. In the first case, it allows the specification of a new root in the resource hierarchy. In the second case, it uses the resource database associated with the other display. Note that the widget returned by XtAppCreateShell has the WM_COMMAND property set for session managers (see Chapter 4). SEE ALSO
XtCreateWidget(3Xt) X Toolkit Intrinsics - C Language Interface Xlib - C Language X Interface X Version 11 Release 6.6 XtAppCreateShell(3Xt)