Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: TCL in Linux
Operating Systems Linux TCL in Linux Post 302127320 by sysgate on Tuesday 17th of July 2007 08:59:58 AM
Old 07-17-2007
Which linux are you going to use ? You need to make sure that you have TCl installed, example on Fedora :
"rpm -qa| grep -i tcl" returns
Quote:
tcl-8.4.13-3.fc6.i386
I guess you're using ActiveTcl for Windows currently, if yes, I'm not sure whether modifications will be needed to port this under Linux.
Hmm... since the extensions for ActiveTCL are taken from http://tcl.sourceforge.net/, I guess there should be no problem to use the previously created code on Linux, just ensure that you have the packages installed.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

TCL/TK - Help Guys

Hi Folks, I would like to know something abt TCL/TK. For those who dont know the expansion of it...here it goes TCL - Tool Command Language and TK - Tool Kit.. It can be used to write shell scripts, application programs using TCL and gui applns using TK. For unix, we write tclsh shell... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nisha
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

TK/TCL Help

can someone tell my why the puts is not reflecting the variable? CUT --> set fp while {-1 != } { button .a${line} -text "${line} " -width 20 -command { puts $line } pack .a${line} } (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hpuxrox
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Tcl...

Hello Tcl Experts, set i 0 while { $i < 10 } { puts "$i" incr i } I am trying to print the value of "i" at the same place. i.e. it should first print "1", then in next iteration print "2" over the location of "1" and so on.... (i.e. in every iteration, delete the previous number and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumitgarg
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

TCL, how to

Does any one know how to capture the output of command called from a TCL script? I cannot figure this out. I've been working on it for 4 hours now :confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lorna
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need your help - tcl

Hello, Can someone explaine me the meaning of this program: #! /usr/bin/tclsh set mctal set a set b set c set d set e while {! line cell]} { } while {! line]} { } while {! line cell]} { } while {! line]} { } (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jolecanard
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Please help me in tcl/tk

i am new one to tcl/tk OTP-ARB:/home/ponmuthu/tcl=>/usr/bin/tclsh tclsh tclsh8.4 OTP-ARB:/home/ponmuthu/tcl=>/usr/bin/tclsh % wish Application initialization failed: no display name and no $DISPLAY environment variable when i give like that i am getting error Application... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ponmuthu
0 Replies

7. Red Hat

How to install expect after installing tcl on Redhat Linux

Hi, I have install tcl and then expect but I am getting below ouput while trying which expect which expect /usr/bin/which: no expect in (/usr/kerberos/sbin:/usr/kerberos/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/root/bin) I have copied both in... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: manish_1678
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

help in tcl...

how can i make a list with the n last files and their details in tcl?.. thanks. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: eee
0 Replies

9. Programming

TCL/TK packing

I have a program started on a 640x480 canvas with button/labels down the left side. I want to put a circle in the middle but am drawing a blank whether to add it after the left buttons or to wait until I can add more buttons/labels on the right because I can't remember how to get such packed on... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: slak0
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Looking for an alternative to Tcl

I've created quite a collection of tcl scripts which have buttons, radio buttons, check boxes, text fields, etc. These tcl scripts in turn call and execute several hundred sh, csh, bash, perl scripts and pass in the args based on the gui selections on the same and other redhat machines. We're... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: scottwevans
4 Replies
yum-list-data(1)														  yum-list-data(1)

NAME
yum list data plugin SYNOPSIS
yum [options] [command] [package ...] DESCRIPTION
This plugin extends yum for some commands that give aggregate package data based on lists of packages added yum commands are: * list-vendors * info-vendors * list-rpm-groups * info-rpm-groups * list-packagers * info-packagers * list-licenses * info-licenses * list-arches * info-arches * list-committers * info-committers * list-buildhosts * info-buildhosts * list-baseurls * info-baseurls * list-package-sizes * info-package-sizes * list-archive-sizes * info-archive-sizes * list-installed-sizes * info-installed-sizes * list-groups * info-groups all of which take the same arguments as the list and info yum commands. The difference between the list and info varieties is that the info versions lists all the packages under each aggregation. list-vendors, info-vendors Is used to list the aggregate of the vendor attribute on the packages, examples are "Fedora Project" and "Red Hat, Inc.". list-rpm-groups, info-rpm-groups Is used to list the aggregate of the group attribute on the packages, examples are "Applications/System", "Development/Tools" and "System Environment/Base" list-packagers, info-packagers Is used to list the aggregate of the packager attribute on the packages, examples are "Fedora Project" and "Red Hat, Inc.". list-licenses, info-licenses Is used to list the aggregate of the license attribute on the packages, examples are "GPL" and "MIT" list-arches, info-arches Is used to list the aggregate of the arch attribute on the packages, examples are "i386" and "x86_64" list-committers, info-committers Is used to list the aggregate of the committer attribute on the packages, this is taken from the most recent changelog entry of the package. list-buildhosts, info-buildhosts Is used to list the aggregate of the buildhost attribute on the packages, examples are "mybuilder.example.com" and "xen- builder1.fedora.redhat.com" list-baseurls, info-baseurls Is used to list the aggregate of the url attribute on the packages after discarding the path of the URL, examples are "http://yum.baseurl.org/" and "http://www.and.org/" list-package-sizes, info-package-sizes Is used to list the aggregate of specified ranges the packagesize attribute on the packages, examples are "[ 1B - 10KB ]" and "[ 750KB - 1MB ]". list-archive-sizes, info-archive-sizes Is used to list the aggregate of specified ranges the archivesize attribute on the packages, examples are "[ 1B - 10KB ]" and "[ 750KB - 1MB ]". list-installed-sizes, info-installed-sizes Is used to list the aggregate of specified ranges the installedsize attribute on the packages, examples are "[ 1B - 10KB ]" and "[ 750KB - 1MB ]". list-groups, info-groups Is used to list the aggregate of the yum groups that the packages are in, examples are in "yum grouplist". Note that in yum groups a package can be in more than one group at a time. It is worth noting that some of the above data can be "unknown", to yum, at which point a separate aggregation called "-- Unknown --" is listed. EXAMPLES
To list all the groups that have an update, along with the number of packages in each group, use: yum list-rpm-groups updates To list all the committers to packages that have yum in their name, use: yum list-committers 'yum*' To list ranges of the sizes of packages installed or available, use: yum list-package-sizes To list yum groups that have an update, use: yum list-groups SEE ALSO
yum-filter-data (1) yum (8) yum.conf (5) AUTHORS
James Antill <james.antill@redhat.com>. James Antill 04 February 2008 yum-list-data(1)