Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers User home folder permissions catch-22, help! Post 302127071 by reborg on Monday 16th of July 2007 05:37:13 AM
Old 07-16-2007
Code:
setfacl -s user::rwx,group::---,mask:---,other:--- /export/home/*

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Reset Home Directory Permissions

I accidently reset the permissions of my /home/punkrockguy318 directory to root only. How can I get my punkrockguy318 permissions ( and all of it's contents) to be read/write accesable only to punkrockguy318 and root? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: punkrockguy318
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can I prevent a user from changing the permissions on their home directory.

Hello All, I have a new HPUX system going into production and it will be used by 2 projects. One of the contract requirements is the 2 groups can not have access to the others work or data. I believe I have the system pretty well locked up using groups and permissions and selective mounting of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DanL
2 Replies

3. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

folder permissions

I work for a big company and all the people within my unit share a common drive to save documents to. I am listed in the group(AMS group) that has access rights to folders within this drive. but i'm trying to restrict access to a confidential folder so that only I can access it. when I set the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shed
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Batch delete specific folder from user home directories

Hi! Need your help. How can I delete the cache folder of multiple user home directories via automatically executed shell script on a Mac OS X Server? Example: The userdata are stored on a Xsan Volume like this: /Volumes/Xsan/userdata/mike /Volumes/Xsan/userdata/peter... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nipodrom
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Home Directory Permissions

My users home directory located in a RHEL 5.0 nfs server. Client is ubuntu 8.1 using NIS for authntication anf NFS for automounting home Directory on the client side. I set 700 to the users home directory. My problem here is some of the users change the mode, which result in leak of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: a_artha
2 Replies

6. Solaris

how to change /export/home/user dir to /home /user in solaris

Hi all i am using solaris 10, i am creating user with useradd -d/home/user -m -s /bin/sh user user is created with in the following path /export/home/user (auto mount) i need the user to be created like this (/home as default home directory ) useradd -d /home/user -m -s /bin/sh... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kalyankalyan
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Keeping your Home file permissions correct

I have been a UNIX user for a long time, and in that time I have been looking for a program to set/reset all the file permissions of a complex directory hierarchy (my home) according to a configuration file of rules. That is not the simple find-xargs-chmod rule but a program (shell/perl/c)... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: antofthy
4 Replies

8. Red Hat

Need to compare two folder / FS permissions

Hi, Need to compare two folders / File systems permissions & time stamps including sub folders and files. Kindly let me know if any commands available. Regards :: VM (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: novaothers
1 Replies

9. Ubuntu

Folder permissions

Hi Team, I want to set permissions to one folder in such a way that the user can write files or create folder inside that but should not able to delete it. Basically reason behind this is i am using Pidgin Messenger. There is a directory of logs in which, when user chat its store his logs.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: paragnehete
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Permissions on a directory in /home for all users

Hi, I have created a shared directory on /home, where all users on a certain group have read, write and execute permissions. I did this using chmod -R g+rwx /home/shared/ The problem is, when a particular user creates a directory within /home/shared, other users are not able to write to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: lost.identity
8 Replies
packf(1)						      General Commands Manual							  packf(1)

NAME
packf - compress a folder into a single file (only available within the message handling system, mh) SYNOPSIS
packf [+folder] [msgs] [-file name] [-help] OPTIONS
Specifies the file in which you want the message(s) to be stored. If you specify an existing file then the specified messages will be appended to the end of that file. Otherwise, a new file will be created and the messages placed in it. If you do not specify a filename, packf attempts to place the messages in a file called msgbox in the current working directory. If this file does not exist, packf asks whether you want to create it. Prints a list of the valid options to this command. The default settings for this command are: +folder defaults to the current folder msgs defaults to all -file DESCRIPTION
Each message in a folder is normally stored as a separate file. The packf command takes all messages from the current folder and copies them to a single specified file. Each message in the file is separated by four <CTRL/A>s and a newline. You can specify a folder other than the current folder by using the +folder argument. If you do not want all the messages in a folder to be packed into one file, you can specify a number of messages or a range of messages with message numbers. The first message packed will become the current message. If you specify a +folder argument, that folder will become the current folder. When messages have been packed into a file using packf, you can separate them into individual messages using the burst command. See burst(1). PROFILE COMPONENTS
Path: To determine the user's Mail directory Msg-Protect: To set protections when creating a new file EXAMPLES
The first example shows all the messages in the folder +lrp being packed into a file called planning: % packf +lrp -file planning The next example shows how packf prompts you if you do not specify a -file option. A file called msgbox is created by packf in your home directory, and messages 3 to 5 are packed into it: % packf +lrp 3-5 Create file "/machine/disk/username/msgbox"? y FILES
The user profile. SEE ALSO
burst(1) packf(1)