Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Processing files within a directory one by one Post 302127018 by skyineyes on Monday 16th of July 2007 01:36:21 AM
Old 07-16-2007
Processing files within a directory one by one

Hi

How to create a shell script which takes in to account all the files present within a directory DIR one by one
e.g.

suppose i have a directory named DIR where there are files with the extension .ABC

i want to create shell script which processes all these files one by one.

please provide the code of the shell script?

thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

FTP and Files processing

I want to do the following thing and I am newbie to Unix: 1) FTP files and save them in a folder 2) Pick the oldest file and also its name among the above FTPed files 3) Copy it to another folder X and also move the file to folder Y I know how to do the first task i.e., FTP the files and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: harish409
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Two files processing

I have the following two files: 1st File: 1:1:100 2:101:400 3:401:450 4:451:600 5:601:980 6:981:1500 7:1501:1600 8:1601:1800 9:1801:2000 2nd File: 30 50 80 700 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: moutaz1983
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to extract files one by one from a directory and let some processing happen

how to extract files one by one from a directory and let some processing be done on the file I have a directory by name INTRN which has files like INTR.0003080248636814 INTR.0003080248636816 INTR.0003080248636818 . . . . and so on and in a script... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: saniya
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Processing files

Hi I have the folowing input file, the file looks like below sftp> . .. archive x001_ameint*.zip x001_ameint_1.zip x001_ameint_2.zip x001_REPORTS*.zip x001_REPORTS_1.zip sftp> I want my output to look like this x001_ameint*.zip x001_ameint_1.zip x001_ameint_2.zip (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ramky79
1 Replies

5. HP-UX

Processing very big directory

Hello, I have a very big directory with lots of small files. Just doing a single "ls" takes eternity, so I even can't know how many files the directory has. I need to get the newest files in the last 15 minutes, but I can't get an eficient way of doing it. I've tried find, perl, shell script,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: psimoes79
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

get all files from a directory and pass the files for processing

Hi All, I have a directory in which there will be several files. i want to get all the files and pass it to a piece of code for processing on the files. This is the piece of code which does the processing. tr "\n" "|" < (log file name) | tr "$" "\n" > output echo ' ' >>output while... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: suresh_kb211
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

script: processing files

Hi All, I have a log file which is attached here: ACCTXN.ALLOC, ACCTXN.IDX, ACCTXN.UDX, AE_COMS, AGENCY are different file names present in my input file (it could be 000s files and all names are starting with ). Now, I am interested in getting the files which are having " Predicted... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rishav
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Processing multiple files

Hello I have a program cfxfrwb which is designed to remove headers from reports files. The cfxfrwb is located in the following directory /u01/efin/v40/live/bin I run the program against a single report file in the temp directory and it does it's job../cfxfrwb... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: captainrhodes
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Processing of log files

Hi, I have typical logs file something of these formats - fn2013.12.13.log fn2013.12.13_a.log fn2013.12.13_b.log suffix part is after the underscore ( ie a.log or b.log ) I need to process the files in ascending date order, but descending suffix order, and check if the file exist and... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: scott_apc
12 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Directory containing files,Print names of the files in the directory that are exactly same content.

Given a directory containing say a few thousand files, please output a list of all the names of the files in the directory that are exactly the same, i.e. have the same contents. func(a_directory_name) output -> {“matches”: , ... ]} e.g. func(“/home/my/files”) where the directory... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: anuragpgtgerman
7 Replies
ATF-SH(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 ATF-SH(1)

NAME
atf-sh [-s shell] -- interpreter for shell-based test programs SYNOPSIS
atf-sh script DESCRIPTION
atf-sh is an interpreter that runs the test program given in script after loading the atf-sh(3) library. atf-sh is not a real interpreter though: it is just a wrapper around the system-wide shell defined by ATF_SHELL. atf-sh executes the inter- preter, loads the atf-sh(3) library and then runs the script. You must consider atf-sh to be a POSIX shell by default and thus should not use any non-standard extensions. The following options are available: -s shell Specifies the shell to use instead of the value provided by ATF_SHELL. ENVIRONMENT
ATF_LIBEXECDIR Overrides the builtin directory where atf-sh is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_PKGDATADIR Overrides the builtin directory where libatf-sh.subr is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. Scripts must not rely on this variable being set to select a specific interpreter. EXAMPLES
Scripts using atf-sh(3) should start with: #! /usr/bin/env atf-sh Alternatively, if you want to explicitly choose a shell interpreter, you cannot rely on env(1) to find atf-sh. Instead, you have to hardcode the path to atf-sh in the script and then use the -s option afterwards as a single parameter: #! /path/to/bin/atf-sh -s/bin/bash ENVIRONMENT
ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. SEE ALSO
atf-sh(3) BSD
September 27, 2014 BSD