Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: vdump on aix?
Operating Systems AIX vdump on aix? Post 302126814 by sysgate on Friday 13th of July 2007 08:48:27 AM
Old 07-13-2007
AFAIK, vdump does backups on filesets, here are some alternatives for AIX, pick your favorite Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Vdump of two filesystems

Dear Experts, Is it possible to take a backup of two file systems using a single vdump command? Thanks Wilson (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: geraldwilson
4 Replies

2. HP-UX

digital unix vdump restore in hp ux11i

Could you pls give a solution how to resotore the backup taken from digital unix using vdump to hp ux11i. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jestinabel
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Can I safely kill vdump?

Sceduled backups with vdump have been delayed as a mounted system had crashed while I was away for 2 weeks. Now there are 5 simultaneous vdumps running very slowly. The full system backup usually takes a whole weekend. Can I safely kill these? (I will have to live without a backup untill next... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nickt
4 Replies

4. SCO

"vdump" on sco?

Hy! I don't have much experience with SCO, so I would like to know how can I make sys backup on SCO OpenServer 5? Is there a command that does the same job as vdump on Tru64 or mksysb on AIX? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: veccinho
0 Replies

5. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

vdump to rsh

delete me (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: john-e
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

tar and vdump on same tape?

Hello, This might be a dumb question, but I havent been able to find the answer anywhere. I currently have a backup script that uses 'tar' to backup some files to tape. I need to add a directory to the backup script, but I want to use 'vdump' to back it up to tape. So my question is can I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: xadamz23
3 Replies

7. IP Networking

vdump or vdump on tru64 unix

i have a script on a tru64 system that backups data from severral folders on a tape the command that it uses is this : vdump 0N /usr > /dev/null (for backuping the usr folder). somehow it has predefined that /dev/null is the tape the problem is that the tape has broke down so i need an... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: el97639
0 Replies

8. HP-UX

Problem with vdump command on TRU64

Hi all, I have a system with TRU64 system (quite old). I use to run script to make save of important system partitions. The command to save the partition "/" is : /sbin/vdump -0uDf /mnt/Sauvegarde/dump/slash.dump.0 /. (/mnt/Sauvegarde is NFS mounted, but this is no matter) This script ran for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aribault
0 Replies

9. AIX

Nim on AIX 7.1 used to migrate AIX 5.3 to AIX 6.1...is possible?

Using nimadm: nimadm -j nimadmvg -c sap024 -s spot_6100 -l lpp_6100 -d "hdisk1" -Y Initializing the NIM master. Initializing NIM client sap024. 0505-205 nimadm: The level of bos.alt_disk_install.rte installed in SPOT spot_6100 (6.1.3.4) does not match the NIM master's level (7.1.1.2).... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sciacca75
2 Replies

10. AIX

Will it affect my AIX LPAR security, when i set up email alerts on AIX server.

Hello, I've set up email alerts on AIX Servers. so that i can get email notifications (via mail relay server) when ever there is abnormal behavior. for example 1) my script monitors CPU/disk/memory etc... when it reaches high water ark, it will send an email alert. 2) disk usage alerts 3)... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: System Admin 77
5 Replies
spell(1)						      General Commands Manual							  spell(1)

NAME
spell, spellin, spellout - Finds spelling errors SYNOPSIS
spell [-b] [-i | -l] [-v | -x] [-d hash_list] [-s hash_stop] [-h history_list] [+word_list] [file...] spellin [list] [number] spellout [-d] list The spell command reads words in file and compares them to those in a spelling list. Default files contain English words only, but you can supply your own list of words in other languages. STANDARDS
Interfaces documented on this reference page conform to industry standards as follows: spell: XCU5.0 Refer to the standards(5) reference page for more information about industry standards and associated tags. OPTIONS
[Tru64 UNIX] The following options are for the spell command only. Checks for correct British spelling. Besides preferring centre, colour, programme, speciality, travelled, and so on, this option causes spell to insist upon the use of the infix -ise in words like stan- dardise. [Tru64 UNIX] Specifies hash_list as the alternate spelling list. The default is /usr/lbin/spell/hlist[ab]. [Tru64 UNIX] Speci- fies history_list as the alternate history list that is used to accumulate all output. The default is /usr/lbin/spell/spellhist. [Tru64 UNIX] Suppresses processing of included files through the and troff macros. If the -i and -l options are both specified, the last one of the two options entered on the command line takes effect. [Tru64 UNIX] Follows the chain of all included files (.so and spell(1)