Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? How Much Vacation Do You Take Every Year? Post 302126667 by MizzGail on Thursday 12th of July 2007 11:07:48 AM
Old 07-12-2007
Computer

I've worked mainly for major coporations and most give you two weeks to start and then you build on that the longer you are employed. When I worked for a bank we had to take two weeks at one time. (some law). They didn't tell me that during the interview and hiring. It really stinks when you only have two weeks and you can't spread it out.

I have been at this job for almost 25 years. We get 10 days to start then 3 weeks (15 business days) after 5 years, 5 personal days and the week between Christmas and New Years off, plus 6 holidays thru the year. We earn another 5 vacation days after 15 years employement and then 1 day for every year after 20years up to 25 yeras for a max of 25 earned vacation days. We can also purchase up to 5 days.

We aren't allowed to sell them.

Since I still have a child at home - although he is high school age - I take the majority of my vacation time in the summer. I reduce my work week to 4 days for the months of July and August then use the rest for family trips.

A few years back they encouraged us to buy additional vacation time - up to 10 days - to reduce overhead so the company could show a better profit. I jumped at the chance.

(There's always the chance they might forget who you are if you don't show up now and then - go figure Smilie)

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. What is on Your Mind?

Vacation Announcements

I thought this would be a useful thread to announce vacation periods, so us regulars will be known to be on/off. If another admin thinks this is stupid, go ahead and un-pin it. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: otheus
1 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

How Much Vacation Do You Take? | UNIX.com Community | Annual Vacation (YouTube)

Here is another simple YT video co-produced with our video partner. How Much Vacation Do You Take? | UNIX.com Community | Annual Vacation https://youtu.be/MSy553qS654 Background sound track is called "Caribbean Paradise" Sounds like something wisecracker would have played in one... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies
DATEINTERVAL(3) 							 1							   DATEINTERVAL(3)

The DateInterval class

INTRODUCTION
Represents a date interval. A date interval stores either a fixed amount of time (in years, months, days, hours etc) or a relative time string in the format that DateTime's constructor supports. CLASS SYNOPSIS
DateInterval DateInterval Properties o public integer$y o public integer$m o public integer$d o public integer$h o public integer$i o public integer$s o public integer$invert o public mixed$days Methods o public DateInterval::__construct (string $interval_spec) o publicstatic DateInterval DateInterval::createFromDateString (string $time) o public string DateInterval::format (string $format) PROPERTIES
o $y - Number of years. o $m - Number of months. o $d - Number of days. o $h - Number of hours. o $i - Number of minutes. o $s - Number of seconds. o $invert - Is 1 if the interval represents a negative time period and 0 otherwise. See DateInterval::format. o $days - If the DateInterval object was created by DateTime.diff(3), then this is the total number of days between the start and end dates. Otherwise, $days will be FALSE. Before PHP 5.4.20/5.5.4 instead of FALSE you will receive -99999 upon accessing the prop- erty. PHP Documentation Group DATEINTERVAL(3)