Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? How Much Vacation Do You Take Every Year? Post 302126667 by MizzGail on Thursday 12th of July 2007 11:07:48 AM
Old 07-12-2007
Computer

I've worked mainly for major coporations and most give you two weeks to start and then you build on that the longer you are employed. When I worked for a bank we had to take two weeks at one time. (some law). They didn't tell me that during the interview and hiring. It really stinks when you only have two weeks and you can't spread it out.

I have been at this job for almost 25 years. We get 10 days to start then 3 weeks (15 business days) after 5 years, 5 personal days and the week between Christmas and New Years off, plus 6 holidays thru the year. We earn another 5 vacation days after 15 years employement and then 1 day for every year after 20years up to 25 yeras for a max of 25 earned vacation days. We can also purchase up to 5 days.

We aren't allowed to sell them.

Since I still have a child at home - although he is high school age - I take the majority of my vacation time in the summer. I reduce my work week to 4 days for the months of July and August then use the rest for family trips.

A few years back they encouraged us to buy additional vacation time - up to 10 days - to reduce overhead so the company could show a better profit. I jumped at the chance.

(There's always the chance they might forget who you are if you don't show up now and then - go figure Smilie)

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. What is on Your Mind?

Vacation Announcements

I thought this would be a useful thread to announce vacation periods, so us regulars will be known to be on/off. If another admin thinks this is stupid, go ahead and un-pin it. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: otheus
1 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

How Much Vacation Do You Take? | UNIX.com Community | Annual Vacation (YouTube)

Here is another simple YT video co-produced with our video partner. How Much Vacation Do You Take? | UNIX.com Community | Annual Vacation https://youtu.be/MSy553qS654 Background sound track is called "Caribbean Paradise" Sounds like something wisecracker would have played in one... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies
Time::Seconds(3pm)					 Perl Programmers Reference Guide					Time::Seconds(3pm)

NAME
Time::Seconds - a simple API to convert seconds to other date values SYNOPSIS
use Time::Piece; use Time::Seconds; my $t = localtime; $t += ONE_DAY; my $t2 = localtime; my $s = $t - $t2; print "Difference is: ", $s->days, " "; DESCRIPTION
This module is part of the Time::Piece distribution. It allows the user to find out the number of minutes, hours, days, weeks or years in a given number of seconds. It is returned by Time::Piece when you delta two Time::Piece objects. Time::Seconds also exports the following constants: ONE_DAY ONE_WEEK ONE_HOUR ONE_MINUTE ONE_MONTH ONE_YEAR ONE_FINANCIAL_MONTH LEAP_YEAR NON_LEAP_YEAR Since perl does not (yet?) support constant objects, these constants are in seconds only, so you cannot, for example, do this: "print ONE_WEEK->minutes;" METHODS
The following methods are available: my $val = Time::Seconds->new(SECONDS) $val->seconds; $val->minutes; $val->hours; $val->days; $val->weeks; $val->months; $val->financial_months; # 30 days $val->years; $val->pretty; # gives English representation of the delta The usual arithmetic (+,-,+=,-=) is also available on the objects. The methods make the assumption that there are 24 hours in a day, 7 days in a week, 365.24225 days in a year and 12 months in a year. (from The Calendar FAQ at http://www.tondering.dk/claus/calendar.html) AUTHOR
Matt Sergeant, matt@sergeant.org Tobias Brox, tobiasb@tobiasb.funcom.com BalXzs SzabX (dLux), dlux@kapu.hu LICENSE
Please see Time::Piece for the license. Bugs Currently the methods aren't as efficient as they could be, for reasons of clarity. This is probably a bad idea. POD ERRORS
Hey! The above document had some coding errors, which are explained below: Around line 245: Non-ASCII character seen before =encoding in 'BalXzs'. Assuming UTF-8 perl v5.18.2 2014-01-06 Time::Seconds(3pm)