Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Ambiguous and Command not found Error in UNIX Post 302126616 by koti_rama on Thursday 12th of July 2007 06:49:11 AM
Old 07-12-2007
Ambiguous and Command not found Error in UNIX

Hi,All
I wrote below script(Example1.sh) and i ran but i got error. it's excuted yesterday.

SYSTEM_TIME=`date '+%H:%M:%S'`

CMP_LOG_TIME=`head -1 runcmp-HINET.log`

CMP_ENDED1=`grep 'HINET CMP ended' runcmp-HINET.log`

CMP_ENDED2=`echo "HINET CMP ended"`
CMP_FAILED2=`echo "HINET CMP failed"`
FAILED_TIME1="0"

echo $SYSTEM_TIME
echo $CMP_ENDED1

Error:
77 DIT1_hnt@smmk183> Example1.sh
SYSTEM_TIME=06:40:13: Command not found
CMP_LOG_TIME=`head -1 runcmp-HINET.log`: Ambiguous
CMP_ENDED1=: Command not found
CMP_ENDED2=`echo "HINET CMP ended"`: Ambiguous
CMP_FAILED2=`echo "HINET CMP failed"`: Ambiguous
FAILED_TIME1=0: Command not found
SYSTEM_TIME: Undefined variable

please help me on this

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ambiguous and Command not found Error in UNIX

Hi,All I wrote below script(Example1.sh) and i ran but it giveing error. it's excuted yesterday. SYSTEM_TIME=`date '+%H:%M:%S'` CMP_LOG_TIME=`head -1 runcmp-HINET.log` CMP_ENDED1=`grep 'HINET CMP ended' runcmp-HINET.log` CMP_ENDED2=`echo "HINET CMP ended"` CMP_FAILED2=`echo "HINET... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: koti_rama
2 Replies

2. Red Hat

Command Not Found Error?

Hi, I am beginer to Linux. I have installed Redhat Linux AS 4.0 on my System.Later I created a User Oracle10g for Installing Oracle.Then I logged onto Oracle10g user and crated a Bash Profile and when I run that profile there was an error in that Profile. from then If I type any of Linux Command... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: praswer
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ambiguous output redirect error

Hi everyone, While I was trying to do DATE=`date +"%Y%m%d_%H%M%S"` STARTLOG=$TUXSTDDIR/start_$DATE.log tmboot -y > $STARTLOG 2>&1 I got an error i.e. Ambiguous output redirect error. Here the first part is to boot the account so there is nothing wrong with that.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pareshan
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

ambiguous redirect error

This script has ambiguous redirect error. ... cd $HOME cd folder/work # search all subfolders in work directory find -mindepth 1 -maxdepth 1 -type d | while read directory do CUR_FOLDER="${directory#"./"}" cd $CUR_FOLDER chmod 644 * for ff in *; do if ; then ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: candyme
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Receiving 'ambiguous redirect' when trying to run command against multiple files

I came across the command string on https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/141885-awk-removing-data-before-after-pattern.html which was what I was looking for to be able to remove data before a certain pattern. However, outputting the result to a file seems to work on an individual basis... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: HLee1981
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ambiguous command

I have run the following command and getting $fout: Ambiguous. set fout = `echo "$fnameLst" | awk '{gsub(/-dc*/,""); print}' | sort -u` (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ambiguous error

Hello everybody, I just took over this job from someone else and in the past this script they built worked but i recently upgraded from openSuSe 11.4 to 12.1 Now when i run the script i get an ambiguous error at line 25 (the first line after add() ) I have edited out the webpath and any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gumbicus
1 Replies

8. Linux

Ambiguous redirect error and syntax error when using on multiple files

Hi, I need help on following linux bash script. When I linux commands for loop or while loop on individual file it runs great. but now I want the script to run on N number of files so it gives me ambiguous redirect error on line 12 and syntax error on line 22 : (pls help ); #!/bin/bash #... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: Madhusudan Das
16 Replies

9. Red Hat

ISO C++ ambiguous error

String.h has the following operator overloading function which is an user defined //declaration int operator==(char *ch) //definition int String::operator==(char *ch) { if (strcmp(_text, ch) == 0) { return TRUE; } else { ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dany2704
4 Replies
MSSQL_FIELD_SEEK(3)													       MSSQL_FIELD_SEEK(3)

mssql_field_seek - Seeks to the specified field offset

SYNOPSIS
bool mssql_field_seek (resource $result, int $field_offset) DESCRIPTION
Seeks to the specified field offset. If the next call to mssql_fetch_field(3) won't include a field offset, this field would be returned. PARAMETERS
o $result - The result resource that is being evaluated. This result comes from a call to mssql_query(3). o $field_offset - The field offset, starts at 0. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Using mssql_field_seek(3) on the example for mssql_fetch_field(3) <?php // Connect to MSSQL and select the database mssql_connect('MANGOSQLEXPRESS', 'sa', 'phpfi'); mssql_select_db('php'); // Send a select query to MSSQL $query = mssql_query('SELECT * FROM [php].[dbo].[persons]'); // Construct table echo '<h3>Table structure for 'persons'</h3>'; echo '<table border="1">'; // Table header echo '<thead>'; echo '<tr>'; echo '<td>Field name</td>'; echo '<td>Data type</td>'; echo '<td>Max length</td>'; echo '</tr>'; echo '</thead>'; // Dump all fields echo '<tbody>'; for ($i = 0; $i < mssql_num_fields($query); ++$i) { // Fetch the field information, notice the // field_offset parameter is not set. See // the mssql_field_seek call below $field = mssql_fetch_field($query); // Print the row echo '<tr>'; echo '<td>' . $field->name . '</td>'; echo '<td>' . strtoupper($field->type) . '</td>'; echo '<td>' . $field->max_length . '</td>'; echo '</tr>'; // Move the internal seek pointer to the next // row in the result set mssql_field_seek($query, $i + 1); } echo '</tbody>'; echo '</table>'; // Free the query result mssql_free_result($query); ?> SEE ALSO
mssql_fetch_field(3). PHP Documentation Group MSSQL_FIELD_SEEK(3)