Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX Get CPU speed without root permissions Post 302126599 by psimoes79 on Thursday 12th of July 2007 05:47:20 AM
Old 07-12-2007
It worked on B.10.20, B.11.00 and B.11.11 versions. It fails on two B.11.23 servers, it says that cpu speed is 0. Any thoughts?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

cpu speed

how do i determine the speed of a cpu on AIX 4.3.3 or 5.1? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: csaunders
5 Replies

2. Linux

permissions to su to root

What is the file you have to edit to allow or deny someone to be able to su - to root? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

bus speed and CPU info

Hi, Is there a command I can use to find out how many CPU's and what type are on my server? (I was told to use cat /proc/cpuinfo) Also, how do I know what kind of bus speeds are on my server? Thanks in advance:) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ihot
3 Replies

4. HP-UX

Root Permissions

Hi all, I cannot change root owned files/directories even though I am logged in as root. >drwxr-xr-x 11 root root 4096 Oct 25 14:00 prodbkp >root / # chown oracle prodbkp prodbkp: Not owner >id uid=0(root) gid=3(sys) groups=0(root) please assist. thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: macgre_r
0 Replies

5. HP-UX

How to find CPU Speed of HP UX

Need to find the CPU speed of HP UX for a non root login. echo "itick_per_usec/D" | adb /stand/vmunix /dev/mem | tail -1 will give the following for non root users ERROR: cannot open `/dev/mem', errno = 13, Permission denied (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: surajb
2 Replies

6. Linux

How to find CPU Speed of zLinux

Need to find CPU Speed of zLinux. The commands like cat /proc/cpuinfo and /usr/bin/cpufreq-info does not gave me the expected results. /usr/bin/cpufreq-info prints the .... analyzing CPU 0: no or unknown cpufreq driver is active on this CPU analyzing CPU 1: no or unknown cpufreq... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: surajb
1 Replies

7. HP-UX

get CPU speed use pstat APIs

I get my CPU speed use pstat APIs use this program serach google and just test it #include <errno.h> #include <stdio.h> #include <unistd.h> #include <sys/param.h> #include <sys/pstat.h> #define CPU_ID 0 #define HZ_PER_MHZ 1000000 int main() { struct pst_processor pst; union pstun pu; ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: alert0919
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris10 x86 - How to find out the CPU model and speed?

Please let me know if there is any way I can find out (either via command line or SMF) the following: 1.CPU model (eg. Pentium 4,Celeron) 2.CPU speed (eg. 1GHz) for this I could get the output through psrinfo -v, but still is there any other way? 3.Hard disk model (eg. Seagate). When I... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: saagar
9 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Root group permissions

Hi everybody, which are the root group permissions and how can I give to a user these rights? Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bmayao
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Rsync quite slow (using very little cpu): how to improve its speed?

I have "inherited" a OmniOS (illumos based) server. I noticed rsync is significantly slower in respect to my reference, FreeBSD 12-CURRENT, running on exactly same hardware. Using same hardware, same command with same source and target disks, OmniOS r151026 gives: test@omniosce:~# time... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: priyadarshan
11 Replies
dappprof(1m)							   USER COMMANDS						      dappprof(1m)

NAME
dappprof - profile user and lib function usage. Uses DTrace. SYNOPSIS
dappprof [-acehoTU] [-u lib] { -p PID | command } DESCRIPTION
dappprof prints details on user and library call times for processes as a summary style aggragation. By default the user fuctions are traced, options can be used to trace library activity. Output can include function counts, elapsed times and on cpu times. The elapsed times are interesting, to help identify functions that take some time to complete (during which the process may have slept). CPU time helps us identify syscalls that are consuming CPU cycles to run. Since this uses DTrace, only users with root privileges can run this command. OPTIONS
-a print all data -c print function counts -e print elapsed times, ns -o print CPU times, ns -T print totals -p PID examine this PID -u lib trace this library instead -U trace all library and user functions EXAMPLES
run and examine the "df -h" command, # dappprof df -h print elapsed times, on-cpu times and counts for "df -h", # dappprof -ceo df -h print elapsed times for PID 1871, # dappprof -p 1871 print all data for PID 1871, # dappprof -ap 1871 FIELDS
CALL Function call name ELAPSED Total elapsed time, nanoseconds CPU Total on-cpu time, nanoseconds COUNT Number of occurrences DOCUMENTATION
See the DTraceToolkit for further documentation under the Docs directory. The DTraceToolkit docs may include full worked examples with ver- bose descriptions explaining the output. EXIT
dappprof will sample until Ctrl-C is hit. AUTHOR
Brendan Gregg [Sydney, Australia] SEE ALSO
dapptrace(1M), dtrace(1M), apptrace(1) version 1.10 May 14, 2005 dappprof(1m)