Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting CPAN: using only wget to d/l modules? Post 302126528 by cbkihong on Wednesday 11th of July 2007 09:34:42 PM
Old 07-11-2007
Not sure about Net::FTP. I guess it will always be tried if the module exists anyway. But if you do not configure the relevant program path in CPAN config, I think cpan should bypass that method. Say, see if it helps by typing

o conf ftp ""

on your CPAN shell. Then try fetching. If it works, then just

o conf commit

to save the setting.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automating CPAN on FreeBSD

When using CPAN for the first time, a number of questions are prompted to the user, thereby halting the process. Since I am running FreeBSD I was wondering whether the inclusion of the port instead leads to the same result. So instead of having the following: perl -MCPAN -e "install DBD::SQLite"... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
12 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error while trying to install from CPAN

Hi i was trying to install Text::CSV from cpan... it seemed to have downloaded everythign properly but was not able to run the make file... do u have any idea as to why this happened?? Install: ============================= If you install Text::CSV_XS v.0.70, it makes Text::CSV faster. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: VGR
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Building my own CPAN repository

Hi there , im not sure whether im in the right section, but because im talking about perl, i guess this is the right place :-) I have a whole host (thousands in fact) of Solaris machines that are running different versions of perl with different module sets etc. I wanted to know whether it... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rethink
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem to upgrade CPAN

Hi all, Since yesterday, I'm trying to upgrade CPAN on my Synology sevrer, because I have the next message in CPAN shell : cpan> install cpan CPAN: Storable loaded ok Going to read /root/.cpan/Metadata Going to read /root/.cpan/sources/authors/01mailrc.txt.gz CPAN: Compress::Zlib... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mikael2235
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

cpan installation

Hi All, I need to install perl module using cpan, so befor that i checked cpan is installed or not . i tried , and got below output.but it is not clear to me. can u plz explain me. I dont know what the exactly cpan is useful. and in below why it is trying to create directory. $ cpan... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aish11
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to create custom modules in perl and how to import all modules with single command?

I have some custom functions which i want to use in perl Scripting all time. i want to How to create modules in perl and how to import them. Also if i create 15 modules and i want to > import all at once then how can i import? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Navrattan Bansa
0 Replies

7. Programming

How to automatically install all modules required by a script from CPAN?

Having a script.pl how can I automatically download from CPAN all required modules and install and update as required? Something like "emerge -uDNav world" for the perl? ---------- Post updated at 05:38 PM ---------- Previous update was at 05:28 PM ---------- Doesn't matter I've found it ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tribe
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to install CPAN without using yum on Linux?

Hi all, I am on Linux box where CPAN is not working for downloading any perl modules. When I try "perl -MCPAN -e shell" as root as well as a user, I get following error: Can't locate CPAN.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/local/lib64/perl5 /usr/local/share/perl5 /usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pat_pramod
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wget - working in browser but cannot download from wget

Hi, I need to download a zip file from my the below US govt link. https://www.sam.gov/SAMPortal/extractfiledownload?role=WW&version=SAM&filename=SAM_PUBLIC_MONTHLY_20160207.ZIP I only have wget utility installed on the server. When I use the below command, I am getting error 403... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prasannag87
2 Replies
CPANPLUS::Configure(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				  CPANPLUS::Configure(3pm)

NAME
CPANPLUS::Configure - configuration for CPANPLUS SYNOPSIS
$conf = CPANPLUS::Configure->new( ); $bool = $conf->can_save; $bool = $conf->save( $where ); @opts = $conf->options( $type ); $make = $conf->get_program('make'); $verbose = $conf->set_conf( verbose => 1 ); DESCRIPTION
This module deals with all the configuration issues for CPANPLUS. Users can use objects created by this module to alter the behaviour of CPANPLUS. Please refer to the "CPANPLUS::Backend" documentation on how to obtain a "CPANPLUS::Configure" object. METHODS
$Configure = CPANPLUS::Configure->new( load_configs => BOOL ) This method returns a new object. Normal users will never need to invoke the "new" method, but instead retrieve the desired object via a method call on a "CPANPLUS::Backend" object. load_configs Controls whether or not additional user configurations are to be loaded or not. Defaults to "true". $bool = $Configure->init( [rescan => BOOL]) Initialize the configure with other config files than just the default 'CPANPLUS::Config'. Called from "new()" to load user/system configurations If the "rescan" option is provided, your disk will be examined again to see if there are new config files that could be read. Defaults to "false". Returns true on success, false on failure. can_save( [$config_location] ) Check if we can save the configuration to the specified file. If no file is provided, defaults to your personal config. Returns true if the file can be saved, false otherwise. $file = $conf->save( [$package_name] ) Saves the configuration to the package name you provided. If this package is not "CPANPLUS::Config::System", it will be saved in your ".cpanplus" directory, otherwise it will be attempted to be saved in the system wide directory. If no argument is provided, it will default to your personal config. Returns the full path to the file if the config was saved, false otherwise. options( type => TYPE ) Returns a list of all valid config options given a specific type (like for example "conf" of "program") or false if the type does not exist ACCESSORS
Accessors that start with a "_" are marked private -- regular users should never need to use these. See the "CPANPLUS::Config" documentation for what items can be set and retrieved. get_SOMETHING( ITEM, [ITEM, ITEM, ... ] ); The "get_*" style accessors merely retrieves one or more desired config options. set_SOMETHING( ITEM => VAL, [ITEM => VAL, ITEM => VAL, ... ] ); The "set_*" style accessors set the current value for one or more config options and will return true upon success, false on failure. add_SOMETHING( ITEM => VAL, [ITEM => VAL, ITEM => VAL, ... ] ); The "add_*" style accessor adds a new key to a config key. Currently, the following accessors exist: set|get_conf Simple configuration directives like verbosity and favourite shell. set|get_program Location of helper programs. _set|_get_build Locations of where to put what files for CPANPLUS. _set|_get_source Locations and names of source files locally. _set|_get_mirror Locations and names of source files remotely. _set|_get_fetch Special settings pertaining to the fetching of files. BUG REPORTS
Please report bugs or other issues to <bug-cpanplus@rt.cpan.org<gt>. AUTHOR
This module by Jos Boumans <kane@cpan.org>. COPYRIGHT
The CPAN++ interface (of which this module is a part of) is copyright (c) 2001 - 2007, Jos Boumans <kane@cpan.org>. All rights reserved. This library is free software; you may redistribute and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
CPANPLUS::Backend, CPANPLUS::Configure::Setup, CPANPLUS::Config perl v5.18.2 2014-01-06 CPANPLUS::Configure(3pm)