Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX Get CPU speed without root permissions Post 302126427 by psimoes79 on Wednesday 11th of July 2007 12:46:14 PM
Old 07-11-2007
Get CPU speed without root permissions

How can I get the CPUs speed without root permissions?

Thanks.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

cpu speed

how do i determine the speed of a cpu on AIX 4.3.3 or 5.1? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: csaunders
5 Replies

2. Linux

permissions to su to root

What is the file you have to edit to allow or deny someone to be able to su - to root? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

bus speed and CPU info

Hi, Is there a command I can use to find out how many CPU's and what type are on my server? (I was told to use cat /proc/cpuinfo) Also, how do I know what kind of bus speeds are on my server? Thanks in advance:) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ihot
3 Replies

4. HP-UX

Root Permissions

Hi all, I cannot change root owned files/directories even though I am logged in as root. >drwxr-xr-x 11 root root 4096 Oct 25 14:00 prodbkp >root / # chown oracle prodbkp prodbkp: Not owner >id uid=0(root) gid=3(sys) groups=0(root) please assist. thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: macgre_r
0 Replies

5. HP-UX

How to find CPU Speed of HP UX

Need to find the CPU speed of HP UX for a non root login. echo "itick_per_usec/D" | adb /stand/vmunix /dev/mem | tail -1 will give the following for non root users ERROR: cannot open `/dev/mem', errno = 13, Permission denied (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: surajb
2 Replies

6. Linux

How to find CPU Speed of zLinux

Need to find CPU Speed of zLinux. The commands like cat /proc/cpuinfo and /usr/bin/cpufreq-info does not gave me the expected results. /usr/bin/cpufreq-info prints the .... analyzing CPU 0: no or unknown cpufreq driver is active on this CPU analyzing CPU 1: no or unknown cpufreq... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: surajb
1 Replies

7. HP-UX

get CPU speed use pstat APIs

I get my CPU speed use pstat APIs use this program serach google and just test it #include <errno.h> #include <stdio.h> #include <unistd.h> #include <sys/param.h> #include <sys/pstat.h> #define CPU_ID 0 #define HZ_PER_MHZ 1000000 int main() { struct pst_processor pst; union pstun pu; ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: alert0919
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris10 x86 - How to find out the CPU model and speed?

Please let me know if there is any way I can find out (either via command line or SMF) the following: 1.CPU model (eg. Pentium 4,Celeron) 2.CPU speed (eg. 1GHz) for this I could get the output through psrinfo -v, but still is there any other way? 3.Hard disk model (eg. Seagate). When I... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: saagar
9 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Root group permissions

Hi everybody, which are the root group permissions and how can I give to a user these rights? Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bmayao
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Rsync quite slow (using very little cpu): how to improve its speed?

I have "inherited" a OmniOS (illumos based) server. I noticed rsync is significantly slower in respect to my reference, FreeBSD 12-CURRENT, running on exactly same hardware. Using same hardware, same command with same source and target disks, OmniOS r151026 gives: test@omniosce:~# time... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: priyadarshan
11 Replies
DH_FIXPERMS(1)							     Debhelper							    DH_FIXPERMS(1)

NAME
dh_fixperms - fix permissions of files in package build directories SYNOPSIS
dh_fixperms [debhelperoptions] [-Xitem] DESCRIPTION
dh_fixperms is a debhelper program that is responsible for setting the permissions of files and directories in package build directories to a sane state -- a state that complies with Debian policy. dh_fixperms makes all files in usr/share/doc in the package build directory (excluding files in the examples/ directory) be mode 644. It also changes the permissions of all man pages to mode 644. It removes group and other write permission from all files. It removes execute permissions from any libraries, headers, Perl modules, or desktop files that have it set. It makes all files in the standard bin and sbin directories, usr/games/ and etc/init.d executable (since v4). Finally, it removes the setuid and setgid bits from all files in the package. When the Rules-Requires-Root field has the (effective) value of binary-targets, dh_fixperms will also reset the ownership of all paths to "root:root". OPTIONS
-Xitem, --exclude item Exclude files that contain item anywhere in their filename from having their permissions changed. You may use this option multiple times to build up a list of things to exclude. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 11.1.6ubuntu2 2018-05-10 DH_FIXPERMS(1)