Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting CPAN: using only wget to d/l modules? Post 302126405 by dangral on Wednesday 11th of July 2007 10:29:07 AM
Old 07-11-2007
CPAN: using only wget to d/l modules?

Is there a way to tell CPAN not to use Net::Ftp and the ftp binary? I want to only use wget to download perl modules.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automating CPAN on FreeBSD

When using CPAN for the first time, a number of questions are prompted to the user, thereby halting the process. Since I am running FreeBSD I was wondering whether the inclusion of the port instead leads to the same result. So instead of having the following: perl -MCPAN -e "install DBD::SQLite"... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
12 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error while trying to install from CPAN

Hi i was trying to install Text::CSV from cpan... it seemed to have downloaded everythign properly but was not able to run the make file... do u have any idea as to why this happened?? Install: ============================= If you install Text::CSV_XS v.0.70, it makes Text::CSV faster. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: VGR
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Building my own CPAN repository

Hi there , im not sure whether im in the right section, but because im talking about perl, i guess this is the right place :-) I have a whole host (thousands in fact) of Solaris machines that are running different versions of perl with different module sets etc. I wanted to know whether it... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rethink
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem to upgrade CPAN

Hi all, Since yesterday, I'm trying to upgrade CPAN on my Synology sevrer, because I have the next message in CPAN shell : cpan> install cpan CPAN: Storable loaded ok Going to read /root/.cpan/Metadata Going to read /root/.cpan/sources/authors/01mailrc.txt.gz CPAN: Compress::Zlib... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mikael2235
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

cpan installation

Hi All, I need to install perl module using cpan, so befor that i checked cpan is installed or not . i tried , and got below output.but it is not clear to me. can u plz explain me. I dont know what the exactly cpan is useful. and in below why it is trying to create directory. $ cpan... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aish11
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to create custom modules in perl and how to import all modules with single command?

I have some custom functions which i want to use in perl Scripting all time. i want to How to create modules in perl and how to import them. Also if i create 15 modules and i want to > import all at once then how can i import? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Navrattan Bansa
0 Replies

7. Programming

How to automatically install all modules required by a script from CPAN?

Having a script.pl how can I automatically download from CPAN all required modules and install and update as required? Something like "emerge -uDNav world" for the perl? ---------- Post updated at 05:38 PM ---------- Previous update was at 05:28 PM ---------- Doesn't matter I've found it ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tribe
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to install CPAN without using yum on Linux?

Hi all, I am on Linux box where CPAN is not working for downloading any perl modules. When I try "perl -MCPAN -e shell" as root as well as a user, I get following error: Can't locate CPAN.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/local/lib64/perl5 /usr/local/share/perl5 /usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pat_pramod
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wget - working in browser but cannot download from wget

Hi, I need to download a zip file from my the below US govt link. https://www.sam.gov/SAMPortal/extractfiledownload?role=WW&version=SAM&filename=SAM_PUBLIC_MONTHLY_20160207.ZIP I only have wget utility installed on the server. When I use the below command, I am getting error 403... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prasannag87
2 Replies
Kwiki::Command(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				       Kwiki::Command(3pm)

NAME
Kwiki::Command - Kwiki Command Line Tool Module SYNOPSIS
> kwiki -new mykwiki > cd mykwiki > kwiki -install Kwiki::RecentChanges Kwiki::Archive::Rcs Kwiki::Revisions > vim config.yaml > kwiki -update > kwiki -remove RecentChanges > kwiki -new_view admin DESCRIPTION
Kwiki::Command is the module that does all the work of the "kwiki" command line tool. You can use "kwiki" to install a new Kwiki, to update a Kwiki configuration, to add and remove Kwiki plugins and to download Kwiki plugins from CPAN. When you download the CPAN modules they can either be installed in the system Perl libraries or locally right in your kwiki dist. This is useful if you don't have root permissions for your installation. USAGES
There are many different commands you can do with the "kwiki" command line tool. o -new Create a new kwiki with the command: kwiki -new You must be inside an empty directory. Alternatively you can say: kwiki -new path/to/kwiki The target directory must be empty or must not exist yet. AUTHOR
Brian Ingerson <INGY@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2004. Brian Ingerson. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. See http://www.perl.com/perl/misc/Artistic.html perl v5.12.4 2011-09-17 Kwiki::Command(3pm)