Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Dynamic time to append for every log info Post 302126157 by robotronic on Tuesday 10th of July 2007 10:33:25 AM
Old 07-10-2007
Try this:

Code:
tail -f filename_error.log | while read LINE
do
   D=`date +%H":"%M":"%S" "%Y`
   echo "$LINE" | awk -v var="$D" ' /parallel nursery GC/ || /GC/ { $0=$0 " " var } ; 1'
done

Bye Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Time service info

Where can i find info about the Time Service of UNIX ??? I need to "speak" with a machine which has UNIX os ( i know its IP address ) and to get from this machine its date or time. I work with Cygwin on my machine. any help will be welcomed .... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Inbal
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Shell script to append a time for the existing error log file

Hi Guys, the requirement is like this, i am having a error log file in this format, 4594.493: parallel nursery GC 2594592K->2544691K (2969600K), 30.848 ms 4605.958: parallel nursery GC 2634887K->2584986K (2969600K), 38.900 ms 4619.079: parallel nursery GC 2822555K->2774812K... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsprasanna
12 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Time difference between each line info....

Hi all, here is a problem, i am having a data in a file of this format, cat filename|grep -ivn edc|tr -s ' ' +|cut -d+ f1,12 1 01:18:38 2007 25 01:43:38 2007 48 01:58:45 2007 71 02:11:02 2007 102 02:19:51 2007 and so on ........ ....... . here... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsp
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract info from log file and compute using time date stamp

Looking for a shell script or a simple perl script . I am new to scripting and not very good at it . I have 2 directories . One of them holds a text file with list of files in it and the second one is a daily log which shows the file completion time. I need to co-relate both and make a report. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: breez_drew
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to append time to folder

Hi i just want to create a folder with current time. For example. foldername_09042010 How do i modify mkdir or write script to do this? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pinga123
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

append a filename with system date and time

Hi, There are similar kind of posts, but none seems like working for me. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I need append/rename file abc.txt with file processed date and time like abc_systemdatetimestamp.txt and move it to different folder. for example I have /source/data/abc.txt ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amsn08
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create a file from ls -l command and append additional info to results

I need to be able to take the results from ls -l command and modify the output as follows: I will run ls -l *.mak My results will be aa.mak bb.mak cc.mak I then need to take those results and create a file that has the following info: dsjj/ubin/aa dsjj/ubin/bb dsjj/ubin/cc ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jclanc8
3 Replies

8. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

How to append date and time stamp before the two extensions?

hi, i have some file names. my file names are as follows: c_abc_new.txt.xls c_def.txt.xls i want to append date time stamp in the below manner. c_abc_new_YYYYMMDD_HH24MISS.txt.xls c_def_YYYYMMDD_HH24MISS.txt.xls check the two input file names, they differ in naming. the 1st file name... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Little
9 Replies

9. Programming

Specifying dynamic library path to linker at compile time

I would like to compile a binary that doesnot depend on LD_LIBRARY_PATH as this binary will be setuid to owner and used by other users and since setuid doesnot support LD_LIBRARY_PATH making it independent of LD_LIBRARY_PATH would be great. But I am not able to specify the path of the shared... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: waavman
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help on script to capture info on log file for a particular time frame

Hi I have a system running uname -a Linux cmovel-db01 2.6.32-38-server #83-Ubuntu SMP Wed Jan 4 11:26:59 UTC 2012 x86_64 GNU/Linux I would like to capture the contents of /var/log/syslog from 11:00AM to 11:30AM and sent to this info via email. I was thinking in set a cron entry at that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
2 Replies
FAXCRON(8)						      System Manager's Manual							FAXCRON(8)

NAME
faxcron - HylaFAX routine maintenance script SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/faxcron [ -n ] [ -l lastrun ] DESCRIPTION
faxcron is a command script that does routine upkeep tasks in a HylaFAX spooling directory hierarchy. This script is intended to be invoked from cron(8) on behalf of the fax user (often the ``fax'' user is uucp) once a day, with the standard output sent by mail to the HylaFAX administrator. For example, the following crontab might be set up for the fax user: 25 23 * * * sh /usr/sbin/faxcron | mail FaxMaster The faxcron script does the following work: o report statistics for facsimile transmitted since the last time faxcron was run. o report statistics for facsimile transmitted in the past week. o report statistics for facsimile received since the last time faxcron was run. o report statistics for facsimile received in the past week. o report any recent calls that failed suspiciously and return the associated trace log; o purge data that is 30 days or older from the remote machine information directory; o delete information that is 30 days or older from session trace log files; o remove files from the tmp directory that are older than 1 day; o remove files in the received facsimile queue that are 7 days or older; o report sites that are currently having jobs rejected; and o force all session log files to be owned by the fax user and kept with protection mode 644. OPTIONS
-n Forces faxcron to run without updating any files. -l lastrun Forces the notion of the last time that faxcron was run to be lastrun. The value of lastrun is a date and time string of the form ``MM/DD/YY HH:MM'' (the date(1) format string ``%D %H:%M''). -info n Set the expiration time for data in the info database to be n days. -log n Set the expiration time for session log data to be n days. -rcv n Set the expiration time for files in the received facsimile queue to be n days. -tmp n Set the expiration time for files in the tmp directory to be n days. -mode m Set the file protection mode for session logs to m (a command line argument to chmod(1)). NOTES
This script requires nawk(1) or gawk(1) and a date (1) program that supports the ``+format'' option. If session logs are to be kept private this script must be modified to filter out sensitive information such as calling card numbers. (It should also be run with ``-mode 0600'' so that session log files are not publicly readable.) FILES
/var/spool/hylafax spooling area /var/spool/hylafax/status/lastrun timestamp of last run /usr/sbin/xferfaxstats for generating transmit statistics /usr/sbin/recvstats for generating receive statistics /var/spool/hylafax/tmp/faxcronXXXX temporary file for truncating session logs /var/spool/hylafax/tmp/faxlogXXXX temporary file for logs of failed calls SEE ALSO
cron(8), faxq(8), faxgetty(8), faxsend(8), xferfaxstats(8), recvstats(8), hylafax-server(5) May 12, 1996 FAXCRON(8)