Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to get the output from [ -s "abc.txt" ] Post 302126140 by Franklin52 on Tuesday 10th of July 2007 08:35:34 AM
Old 07-10-2007
Try:

Code:
if ! [[ -s "${OUTBOUNDFILE}" ]]

instead of:

Code:
if [[ -s "${OUTBOUNDFILE}" ]]

The -s option gives true if the file is not zero size.

Regards

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sorting problem "sort -k 16,29 sample.txt > output.txt"

Hi all, Iam trying to sort the contents of the file based on the position of the file. Example: $cat sample.txt 0101020060731 ## Header record 1c1 Berger Awc ANP20070201301 4000.50 1c2 Bose W G ANP20070201609 6000.70 1c2 Andy CK ANP20070201230 28000.00... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganapati
3 Replies

2. Debian

Debian: doubt in "top" %CPU and "sar" output

Hi All, I am running my application on a dual cpu debian linux 3.0 (2.4.19 kernel). For my application: <sar -U ALL> CPU %user %nice %system %idle ... 10:58:04 0 153.10 0.00 38.76 0.00 10:58:04 1 3.88 0.00 4.26 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaduks
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to make ABC into "ABC" ina file

suppose u have a file ABC CDF ADF FDG HAA AHH AHA so output shud be like "ABC" "CDF" "ADF" FDG " "HAA" "AHH" "AHA" (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdfd123
8 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

echo "ABC" > file1.txt file2.txt file3.txt

Hi Guru's, I need to create 3 files with the contents "ABC" using single command. Iam using: echo "ABC" > file1.txt file2.txt file3.txt the above command is not working. pls help me... With Regards / Ganapati (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganapati
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

In ksh shell command - Print "-ABC" is giving error

Hi Guys, while executing the following command : print "-ABC" is giving following error : ksh: print: bad option(s) I cannot use echo for some other reasons, so any other option ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sagarjani
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I use if statement to check a string start with "abc"

I am trying to write a if statement in KSH that if a string is start with abc then print something, I have written some code as below but it doesn't work. Could someone please help me if ] then print success fi (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: yhever
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explanation of "total" field in "ls -l" command output

When I do a listing in one particular directory (ls -al) I get: total 43456 drwxrwxrwx 2 root root 4096 drwxrwxrwx 3 root root 4096 -rwxrwxr-x 1 nobody nobody 3701594 -rwxrwxr-x 1 nobody nobody 3108510 -rwxrwxr-x 1 nobody nobody 3070580 -rwxrwxr-x 1 nobody nobody 3099733 -rwxrwxr-x 1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: proactiveaditya
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

"Join" or "Merge" more than 2 files into single output based on common key (column)

Hi All, I have working (Perl) code to combine 2 input files into a single output file using the join function that works to a point, but has the following limitations: 1. I am restrained to 2 input files only. 2. Only the "matched" fields are written out to the "matched" output file and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Katabatic
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding the strings beween 2 characters "/" & "/" in .txt file

Hi all. I have a .txt file that I need to sort it My file is like: 1- 88 chain0 MASTER (FF-TE) FFFF 1962510 /TCK T FD2TQHVTT1 /jtagc/jtag_instreg/updateinstr_reg_1 dff1 (TI,SO) 2- ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Behrouzx77
10 Replies

10. Programming

[Python] replicating "sha256 -C checksum_file.txt file.txt"

Hello everyone, Since my python knowledge is limimted, I've challenged myself to learn as much as possible to help me with my carrere. I'm currently trying to convert a shell script to python, just to give myself a task. There is one section of the script that I'm having issues converting and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: da1
2 Replies
CURLOPT_WILDCARDMATCH(3)				     curl_easy_setopt options					  CURLOPT_WILDCARDMATCH(3)

NAME
CURLOPT_WILDCARDMATCH - enable directory wildcard transfers SYNOPSIS
#include <curl/curl.h> CURLcode curl_easy_setopt(CURL *handle, CURLOPT_WILDCARDMATCH, long onoff); DESCRIPTION
Set onoff to 1 if you want to transfer multiple files according to a file name pattern. The pattern can be specified as part of the CUR- LOPT_URL(3) option, using an fnmatch-like pattern (Shell Pattern Matching) in the last part of URL (file name). By default, libcurl uses its internal wildcard matching implementation. You can provide your own matching function by the CUR- LOPT_FNMATCH_FUNCTION(3) option. A brief introduction of its syntax follows: * - ASTERISK ftp://example.com/some/path/*.txt (for all txt's from the root directory) ? - QUESTION MARK Question mark matches any (exactly one) character. ftp://example.com/some/path/photo?.jpeg [ - BRACKET EXPRESSION The left bracket opens a bracket expression. The question mark and asterisk have no special meaning in a bracket expression. Each bracket expression ends by the right bracket and matches exactly one character. Some examples follow: [a-zA-Z0-9] or [f-gF-G] - character interval [abc] - character enumeration [^abc] or [!abc] - negation [[:name:]] class expression. Supported classes are alnum,lower, space, alpha, digit, print, upper, blank, graph, xdigit. [][-!^] - special case - matches only '-', ']', '[', '!' or '^'. These characters have no special purpose. [[]\] - escape syntax. Matches '[', ']' or ''. Using the rules above, a file name pattern can be constructed: ftp://example.com/some/path/[a-z[:upper:]\].jpeg PROTOCOLS
This feature is only supported for FTP download. EXAMPLE
See https://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/c/ftp-wildcard.html AVAILABILITY
Added in 7.21.0 RETURN VALUE
Returns CURLE_OK if the option is supported, and CURLE_UNKNOWN_OPTION if not. SEE ALSO
CURLOPT_FNMATCH_FUNCTION(3), CURLOPT_URL(3), libcurl 7.54.0 February 03, 2016 CURLOPT_WILDCARDMATCH(3)