Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to compare file size after ftp? Post 302126052 by icemania on Monday 9th of July 2007 10:52:25 PM
Old 07-09-2007
How to compare file size after ftp?

Is possible if I want to campare file size on source and destination after ftp transfer?

If anybody know, please explain to me.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ftp file size

how to compare file size which has been received through ftp get from a remote location with local copy available any clue regards (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sathiya
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

compare file size from a output file from a script

Hi guys, firstly I'm working on SunOS 5.10 Generic_125100-10 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-V240 I've made a script to compress two directory and then send them to an other server via ftp. This is working very well. Inside theis script I decide to log usefull data for troubleshooting in case of... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: moustik
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to compare size of two file which is in one directory

I have two file in a Directory.I want a script which will compare the Size of Two file. Can Anyone Help me on this: linasplg11:/opt/dataout/kk/linasplg11 # cat size -rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 16658 Jan 8 13:58 lina_IP_SIP_1231325621210.xml -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 16672 Jan 8 14:30... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Aditya.Gurgaon
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking the size of a file after FTP

Hi I am doing a FTP process through which I am copying a file from my local server to Remote server. After this I want to check the size of the file Below is my program: LOCALDIR=/batch/ediprocess REMOTESERVER=test.appl.com REMOTEPATH=batch/ftpTest LOGIN=px PASSWORD=abcd ftp -n... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shanth_chandra
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

PSFTP- Compare file size

Hi, I'm using PSFTP to transfer files from one machine to a virtual machine with UBUNTU OS installed on it. I'm trying to find a way to make sure the files that I'm uploading / downloading are being uploaded/ downloaded properly. I want to compare the size of the local file and the remote... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sessie
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP a huge Size file

Dear All, Good Evening!! I have a requirement to ftp a 220GB backup file to a remote backup server. I wrote a script for this purpose. But it takes more than 8 hours to transfer this file. Is there any other method to do it in less time??? Thanks in Advance!!! ---------- Post updated... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Naga06
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to Compare file size and delete the smaller

I am pretty new to scripting, so I appreciate your advice in advance. The problem: 100 directories each containing 2 files that have the same extension with random names. The only attribute that discriminates the files is size. I would like to write a script that compares the files for size... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: JC_1
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

FTP zero size file

Hi AM using unix Aix Ksh I need to clarify regarding sending the zero size file to another server. VAL=ftp.sh -c put souce_file Dest_file $1 $2 $3 $4 $5 $VAL 2 > $ERR When am Sending the Zero Size File getting alerts netout write returned Zero. But i would like to know $VAL... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Venkatesh1
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare size of one file with other file in Linux

Hi, I have 32 files for which I want to check size of each file withe other file and if size is same then some action. Any suggestion to write such script. Logic: have list of 32 files using loop first compare size of one file with remaining 31 , do same iteration for each file with... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemantakhandare
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare file size and then copy/overwrite

// Redhat I have this code working, but need to add one more qualification so that I don't overwrite the files. #!/bin/sh cd /P2/log/cerner_prod/millennium/archive/ for f in * do || continue #If this isn't a regular file, skip it. && continue #If a backup already... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Daniel Gate
2 Replies
ftpd_selinux(8) 					 ftpd SELinux policy documentation					   ftpd_selinux(8)

NAME
ftpd_selinux - Security-Enhanced Linux policy for ftp daemons. DESCRIPTION
Security-Enhanced Linux provides security for ftp daemons via flexible mandatory access control. FILE_CONTEXTS SELinux requires files to have a file type. File types may be specified with semanage and are restored with restorecon. Policy governs the access that daemons have to files. Allow ftp servers to read the /var/ftp directory by adding the public_content_t file type to the directory and by restoring the file type. semanage fcontext -a -t public_content_t "/var/ftp(/.*)?" restorecon -F -R -v /var/ftp Allow ftp servers to read and write /var/tmp/incoming by adding the public_content_rw_t type to the directory and by restoring the file type. This also requires the allow_ftpd_anon_write boolean to be set. semanage fcontext -a -t public_content_rw_t "/var/ftp/incoming(/.*)?" restorecon -F -R -v /var/ftp/incoming BOOLEANS
SELinux policy is based on least privilege required and may also be customizable by setting a boolean with setsebool. Allow ftp servers to read and write files with the public_content_rw_t file type. setsebool -P allow_ftpd_anon_write on Allow ftp servers to read or write files in the user home directories. setsebool -P ftp_home_dir on Allow ftp servers to read or write all files on the system. setsebool -P allow_ftpd_full_access on Allow ftp servers to use cifs for public file transfer services. setsebool -P allow_ftpd_use_cifs on Allow ftp servers to use nfs for public file transfer services. setsebool -P allow_ftpd_use_nfs on system-config-selinux is a GUI tool available to customize SELinux policy settings. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Dan Walsh <dwalsh@redhat.com>. SEE ALSO
selinux(8), ftpd(8), setsebool(8), semanage(8), restorecon(8) dwalsh@redhat.com 17 Jan 2005 ftpd_selinux(8)