Sponsored Content
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions Windows XP installation problem Post 302126013 by craigp84 on Monday 9th of July 2007 05:05:59 PM
Old 07-09-2007
Each "minute" of the installation has little to do with time; the minutes are checkpoint markers that allow Microsoft's tech support guys to pinpoint which part of the installation is failing.

So for 34 mins, look here - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/828267

As jurrien says, and quoting from the KB article

Quote:
This issue may occur if there is a hardware-related issue that causes Setup to stop responding.
Hope this helps,

-c

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

linux and windows installation

Hi every one, I just downloaded linux iso to my pc then burn them . I have a space in my hard drive that is no partitioned yet . I would like to add linux and have the ability to choose witch boot option I need . The problem is that I READ the linux / window dual boot .but it looks like it is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: xzyan
3 Replies

2. Solaris

X-windows Problem /GUI Installation fails

Guys, I am trying to install few products on my solaris 10 box. One of these installation would go as GUI installation. Whenever i run the setup, it throws an error message saying that GUI could not be started. What all things i need to check on server side as well as client (my windows... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ak835
0 Replies

3. Linux

Problem in dual booting installation of linux on windows

Dear friends, I am experiencing the trouble while installing the Red Hat Linux 4 on top of windows XP, after booting its asking "What type of media contains the packages to be installed". Steps I followed: Step 1: left the free space as unpartitioned, (I also tried with the FAT32... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: suneelieg
1 Replies

4. Solaris

installation problem solaris,windows,suse on same machine

Hi all, Previously I had both opensuse 11.3 and Windows XP SP2 on my PC, there was no problem at all.I was able to access all documents in Windows from opensuse. Now when I wanted to install solaris 10 on the same machine there were 2 problems ... 1. Windows is not accessible from solaris... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: M.Choudhury
3 Replies

5. Debian

Linux Mint Debian 32 bit installation using Windows (using something like wubi or mint4Linux) )

Hello , Im new at Linux and have problem with instalation Other Mint version has an instalation file like mint4linux , Ubuntu has a wubi to install it through Windows Linux Mint Debian 32 bit doesint has such software, I have tried to use it from other iso but its doesint work ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: edgkkk
0 Replies

6. Ubuntu

Installation??? How to install Ubuntu on windows 7

guys tell me steps to install ubunto of linux kali over windows 7 (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Roshan4u
0 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.16.3 2012-02-11 URI::URL(3)