Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Big Brother
Operating Systems AIX Big Brother Post 302125532 by kwliew999 on Thursday 5th of July 2007 09:58:09 PM
Old 07-05-2007
Is there anyone heard of this tools?
Or is there any other shareware or free tools on net to monitor performance of AIX on GUI mode?

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to view a big file(143M big)

1 . Thanks everyone who read the post first. 2 . I have a log file which size is 143M , I can not use vi open it .I can not use xedit open it too. How to view it ? If I want to view 200-300 ,how can I implement it 3 . Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chenhao_no1
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX community...help your Mac brother!

Hello, I have been a Macintosh user for many, many years. As you may know the latest MacOS ( OS X ) is UNIX based. (Please see http://www.apple.com/macosx/technologies/inside.html for more information.) Basically, I really have no idea where to start with UNIX...if anyone could take a quick... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: makemead
7 Replies

3. AIX

big brother monitoring tool - make failed

Hi, Does anyone has installed bb on a unix system ? I am trying to install bb on aix 5.3 but I have the following message: If someone can help me probably there is a tool that I need to install ? I don't have C compiler I install gcc instead and gcc++ etc ... bb:/home/bb/bb1.9g-btf/src/ $ make... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: touny
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How big is too big a config.log file?

I have a 5000 line config.log file with several "maybe" errors. Any reccomendations on finding solvable problems? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: NeedLotsofHelp
2 Replies
HOBBITCLIENT.CFG(5)						File Formats Manual					       HOBBITCLIENT.CFG(5)

NAME
hobbitclient.cfg - Xymon client environment variables DESCRIPTION
Xymon programs use multiple environment variables beside the normal set of variables. For the Xymon client, the environment definitions are stored in the ~xymon/client/etc/hobbitclient.cfg file. Each line in this file is of the form NAME=VALUE and defines one environment variable NAME with the value VALUE. SETTINGS
BBDISP The IP-address used to contact the Xymon server. Default: Chosen when the Xymon client was compiled. BBDISPLAYS List of IP-adresses of Xymon servers. Data will be sent to all of the servers listed here. This setting is only used if BBDISP=0.0.0.0. BBPORT The portnumber for used to contact the Xymon server. Default: 1984. BBHOME The Xymon client top-level directory. Default: The $HOBBITCLIENTHOME setting inherited from the "runclient.sh" script which starts the Xymon client. BBCLIENTLOGS The directory for the Xymon clients' own logfiles. Default: $BBHOME/logs BBTMP Directory used for temporary files. Default: $BBHOME/tmp/ BB Full path to the bb(1) client program. Default: $BBHOME/bin/bb. Commands Many extension scripts expect a series of environment variables to point at various system utilities. These are included in the file when the client is built. INHERITED SETTINGS
Some environment variables are inherited from the "runclient.sh" script which launches the Xymon client: MACHINEDOTS The hostname of the local system. Default: Taken from "uname -n". MACHINE The hostname of the local system, with dots replaced by commas. For compatibility with Big Brother extension scripts. BBOSTYPE The operating system of the local system, in lowercase. Default: taken from "uname -s". HOBBITCLIENTHOME The top-level directory for the Xymon client. Default: The location of the "runclient.sh" script. SEE ALSO
xymon(7) Xymon Version 4.2.3: 4 Feb 2009 HOBBITCLIENT.CFG(5)