Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Can anybody answer this.....
Operating Systems Solaris Can anybody answer this..... Post 302125477 by porter on Thursday 5th of July 2007 02:04:32 PM
Old 07-05-2007
where do you see this?

are you trying to reference a thread that no longer exists?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

get system() answer ?

Hi , how can i get the system reply from a system() command ? is it possible to evaluate the return of a system command ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sven28
4 Replies

2. Programming

can any one answer ????

Q.1 Diffrence between terminal and pseudo-terminal ? Q.2 What is terminal login ? What is a netwok Login ? Q.3 What is meant by baud rate of a terminal ? Q.4 which structure is used for job control in Unix/Linux ?and where these structure are means in which directory ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mobile01
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is sed the answer?

Hey, I am very new to scripting and could use a bit of help. I have a situation where I have an ascii file and I want to delete all lines beneath a particular string. EXAMPLE: The contents of a file named example.txt looks like the following: JANUARY FEBRUARY MARCH APRIL MAY JUNE... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: LaLonde
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

quick answer

i know by posting this people are going to get mad at me but, when i try to download unix for my Windows XP i find a whole bunch of files that i dont know what to do with, so please help, sorry if this has already been posted... or is a stupid question :o (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: DarkestEvil
9 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Answer them if u can...

Try to answer these questions on Unix: 1.what will be the segment() function do? 2.How Unix is more powerful than Windows? 3.Where ownership details will be stored of a particular file in Unix? 4.State different uses of ^ symbol in regular expressions. 5.What does export command used for?... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dreambig
5 Replies

6. Programming

How do I get system answer in c

How do I get the answer of a system call that is printed in the terminal? for example: I execute system("pwd"); and get the answer /home/user/ But because I need to send this result to somewhere, I need to store it in a string. Thanks in advance. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: eldaran
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

help me to answer this

Hello everyone I update my question. Thanks for your reply joeyg If I type the last command and send to a text file. I get this last >usuarios.txt root pts/0 160.40.35.277 May 22 11:08 still logged in. root pts/0 alopez02 May 22 09:23 - 10:11 (00:47) root pts/0 160.40.35.277 May 20... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

hi Please try to find an answer to this

Hi Friends, I have siebel installed in one of my aix machines and while opening a file it gives below error. $ vi SmSiebelSSO.conf History file has no read permission. q Please note the file has rwxr-xr-x for oracle:dba and i am trying to open using oracle id itself which is the owner... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DJ2176
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I welcome all to answer my Q's

Hi everyone,, I am new to the forum...but not to Unix. I have gathered few questions from my mates who attended interviews in various companies as I have to attend one on dec 3rd for Sys admin position. Please respond with the answers you know and also help with various other interview... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: impawan
2 Replies
pthread_attr_destroy(3) 				     Library Functions Manual					   pthread_attr_destroy(3)

NAME
pthread_attr_destroy - Destroys a thread attributes object. LIBRARY
DECthreads POSIX 1003.1c Library (libpthread.so) SYNOPSIS
#include <pthread.h> int pthread_attr_destroy( pthread_attr_t *attr); STANDARDS
Interfaces documented on this reference page conform to industry standards as follows: IEEE Std 1003.1c-1995, POSIX System Application Program Interface PARAMETERS
Thread attributes object to be destroyed. DESCRIPTION
This routine destroys a thread attributes object. Call this routine when a thread attributes object will no longer be referenced. Threads that were created using this thread attributes object are not affected by the destruction of the thread attributes object. The results of calling this routine are unpredictable if the value specified by the attr argument refers to a thread attributes object that does not exist. RETURN VALUES
If an error condition occurs, this routine returns an integer value indicating the type of error. Possible return values are as follows: Successful completion The value specified by attr is invalid. ERRORS
None RELATED INFORMATION
Functions: pthread_attr_init(3), pthread_create(3) Manuals: Guide to DECthreads and Programmer's Guide delim off pthread_attr_destroy(3)