Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Removing Garbage output
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Removing Garbage output Post 302125101 by skyineyes on Wednesday 4th of July 2007 01:47:44 AM
Old 07-04-2007
The looping part of the code is printing the names of the files which are present in the parent directory of myfile.txt un-necessarily Smilie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorcan
Please provide us more info about your request.

Lorcan

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing first line from output

my script gives 10 outputs continuously..In each output i have to remove the first line in the output.How to do that. for eg : below is my output 0.00 1.00 5.00 0.00 7.00 i have to remove the first line of this output ie;0.00 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Krrishv
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

vi command -output garbage char in HP-UX

Hi all , I am new to HP-UX flavour of unix. i am issuing simple "vi" comand on the command prompt it is showing me some garbage character in command prompt itself ..unreadable format. I tried opening an existing file using the vi editor --and same thing ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jambesh
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove Garbage Output

Hello Friends, In a script i m using different temporary file and i remove them in the end. During script execution i have some garbage output which is not required. For example: Garbage Output ++ rm temp_out temp_a temp_b temp_c ++ rm Filter1 Filter2 Script : Even i am redirecting rm... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Danish Shakil
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

getting garbage values in "df-k" output in solaris

Hi, I am running a command "df -k" to check the HDD utilization i am getting some garbage values in output of the command. Output coming Filesystem kbytes used avail capacity Mounted on /dev/dsk/c1t0d0s7 113197651... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: varunksharma87
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

getting garbage in the output file of shell script

Hi Everyone, The problem is that I am getting messages other than the script in the current log file. Ideally the script should contain only the messages that are redirected to the log file. How to remove these unwanted data from the log file. Please help if you have any idea how to remove the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vsachan
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

getting garbage in the output file of shell script

Hi, I wrote one shell script and I am calling 1 sql script inside shell script. When I am running the shell script, I am getting actual data as well as garbage data in the output file. Why the garbage is there in the log file. Please help if anybody having any ides. Script: ------- ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vsachan
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ignore garbage output file

Hi All, below is my shell script #!/bin/sh set -x echo "test for multiple values" UIDPSWD=`cat /projects/feeds/twest/uidpswd` echo "oracle connection test" full=/projects/feeds/twest/test_file values=`cut -d'|' -f1 $full|sed -e "s/.*/'&'/" -e 's/$/,/g' -e '$s/,$//'` sqlplus $UIDPSWD... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: krupasindhu18
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help removing output from .sh script

I have the following script #!/bin/ksh # ********************************************************************** # # System: xxxx # # Filename: List_Largest_Files.sh # # Purpose: List 10 largest files in current partition # # Modification History: # 1.0 ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: pure_jax
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing characters and some output

Hi guys, So I am using an awk command to return a specific column in a file. I also need to remove some extra characters. What I have is :: (http-/0.0.0.0:8091-9)|23:00:41 And what I want is : http-/0.0.0.0:8091-9 I tried using the td command but it is only removing the ( ,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Junaid Subhani
5 Replies
ppmtopgm(1)						      General Commands Manual						       ppmtopgm(1)

NAME
ppmtopgm - convert a portable pixmap into a portable graymap SYNOPSIS
ppmtopgm [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces a portable graymap as output. The output is a "black and white" rendering of the original image, as in a black and white photograph. The quantization formula used is .299 r + .587 g + .114 b. Note that although there is a pgmtoppm program, it is not necessary for simple conversions from pgm to ppm , because any ppm program can read pgm (and pbm ) files automatically. pgmtoppm is for colorizing a pgm file. Also, see ppmtorgb3 for a different way of converting color to gray. And ppmdist generates a grayscale image from a color image, but in a way that makes it easy to differentiate the original colors, not necessarily a way that looks like a black and white photograph. QUOTE
Cold-hearted orb that rules the night Removes the colors from our sight Red is gray, and yellow white But we decide which is right And which is a quantization error. SEE ALSO
pgmtoppm(1),ppmtorgb3(1),rgb3toppm(1),ppmdist(1),ppm(5),pgm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1989 by Jef Poskanzer. 10 April 2000 ppmtopgm(1)