Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to handle my own mail
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users How to handle my own mail Post 302124510 by onthetopo on Sunday 1st of July 2007 06:46:11 PM
Old 07-01-2007
thanks a lot, so there is no other way? In my school it takes $1000 to get a IP address from the bureaucracy of tech service. I don't want to contact tech service if there is a work around.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

handle core

Hi I am looking for analog of the Windows "try-except" C code statement that enables target applications to gain control when events that normally terminate program execution occur. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vlad
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mail problem (NOT Mail or Mail.app)

When I try to use the CLI mail, I get the following error. What's wrong? Welcome to Darwin! % mail root Subject: test test . EOT % /etc/mail/sendmail.cf: line 81: fileclass: cannot open /etc/mail/local-host-names: Group writable directory Do I just need to change the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chenly
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

handle decimals

Hi All, How we can handle decimals in (Float) in UNIX. a=73 b=5 c=`expr a / b` i am getting 14 but i need full 14.6 . Can any one help me pls? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: subin_bala
1 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

Perderabo: Is that a common handle?

In an web based turn-based-strategy game I play (which until I am sure of the rules of this section of the forum, I'll not post a link to but is tiny and involves wars, warz even ;)), there is a player called Perderabo who has become rather powerful by the looks of things... Could this be one and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Smiling Dragon
2 Replies

5. Solaris

how to forward mail in /var/mail/username to external mail

Dear All, Now I use solaris 10 and I try to forward mail from /var/mail/username to their external mail so what should I do? thank u in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: unitipon
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to handle one value below the other

Hi, I, have an output with 3 different values each below the other like: # echo $bla 123 345 234 Each value is in one line and for the further processing I need every single value. For example is there a way to grep line 2, like: # echo $bla | grep --line 2 345 :) Thank you in... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: 2retti
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

need to configure mail setting to send mail to outlook mail server

i have sun machines having solaris 9 & 10 OS . Now i need to send mail from the machines to my outlook account . I have the ip adress of OUTLOOK mail server. Now what are the setting i need to do in solaris machines so that i can use mailx or sendmail. actually i am trying to automate the high... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitranjansahu
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between handle to the thread HANDLE and thread identifier pthread_t

This question might be silly but its confusing me a bit: What is the difference between handle to the thread HANDLE and thread identifier pthread_t? ---------- Post updated at 01:52 PM ---------- Previous update was at 01:48 PM ---------- Sorry I saw details and HANDLE is in windows and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Handle error

I have a script as below , the script can tar file to the tape , however , it is fail to handle the error , if there is error like the backup file is in writing , then it will echo this is fail ( but the file has successful backup actually , so the backup task is succes , but it still report it is... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ust
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Client was not authenticated to send anonymous mail during MAIL FROM (in reply to MAIL FROM comm

I am having trouble getting mail to work on a red hat server. At first I was getting this message. Diagnostic-Code: X-Postfix; delivery temporarily suspended: connect to :25: Connection refused Then added the port to my firewall. Then I temporarily turned off selinux. I then copied this file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cokedude
1 Replies
avahi-publish-service(1)				      General Commands Manual					  avahi-publish-service(1)

NAME
avahi-publish-service - Register an mDNS/DNS-SD service or host name or address mapping using the Avahi daemon SYNOPSIS
avahi-publish -s [options] name service-type port [TXT data ...] avahi-publish-service [options] name service-type port [TXT data ...] avahi-publish -a [options] host name address avahi-publish-address [options] host name address DESCRIPTION
Register an mDNS/DNS-SD service or host name/address mapping using the Avahi daemon. OPTIONS
When calling in service registration mode, specify a DNS-SD service name (e.g. "Lennart's Files"), a service type (e.g. _http._tcp) and an IP port number for the service, optionally followed by any number of TXT record strings on the command line. When calling in address/host name registration mode specify a fully qualified host name and an address (IPv4 or IPv6). -s | --service Register a service. avahi-publish-service is equivalent to avahi-publish -s. -a | --address Register an address/host name mapping. avahi-publish-address is equivalent to avahi-publish -a. -v | --verbose Enable verbose mode. -H | --host= HOSTNAME Specify a host name for this service, in case it doesn't reside on the local host. This host name needs to be fully qualified and resolvable using mDNS or unicast DNS. -d | --domain= DOMAIN Publish the service in the specified domain. If omitted the Avahi daemon will publish it in its default domain (usually .local). --subtype= SUBTYPE Register the service with an additional subtype in addition to the main type. DNS-SD subtypes have the form _anon._sub._ftp._tcp, where _anon is the identifier of the subtype and _ftp._tcp is the main type. You may pass this option multiple times to register the service with multiple subtypes. -f | --no-fail Don't fail if the daemon is not found running. Instead, wait until it appears. If it disconnects, try to reconnect. -h | --help Show help -V | --version Show version information. AUTHORS
The Avahi Developers <avahi (at) lists (dot) freedesktop (dot) org>; Avahi is available from http://avahi.org/ SEE ALSO
avahi-resolve(1), avahi-browse(1), avahi-daemon(8) COMMENTS
This man page was written using xml2man(1) by Oliver Kurth. Manuals User avahi-publish-service(1)