Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris bash: ./<scriptname>: No such file or directory Post 302124070 by sysgate on Thursday 28th of June 2007 11:48:32 AM
Old 06-28-2007
You just need to invoke :
./script-name
or
bash scriptname
since you have assured that the file has executable permissions set.
Actually, if you still running into troubles, can you please post the output of "ls -la"

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

FIle (directory) test operator (bash)

I'm almost pulling out my hair trying to figure out what's wrong with this... there's no reason I can see that it shouldn't be working. It seems that the code acts as though the conditional statement is true no matter what - I've even tried removing the negation operator, but it always goes into... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: wildbluefaerie
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash: How to send a file/directory as argument?

Hi, I'd like to make a script where I can send a directory OR files as an argument, and compress them. My proble mis, I do know how to send a directory, but I do not know what to do if there are more than 1 file, I mean I can store the directory in $1, but how do I store 4 files? must I write $1,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lamachejo
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

#!/bin/bash cannot find file or directory

Hello, When i run a bash script on ubuntu i get this message.. #!/bin/bash cannot find file or directory... Can anibody help me with this, because the file actually exists.... Is there any extra configuration to be made? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: oliveiraum
5 Replies

4. Linux

bash:umount/: no such file or directory

I am trying to connect two system (let's say for time being) together such that it supports clustering. for this I got the following packages: # sudo apt-get install pacemaker sysv-rc-conf glusterfs-server glusterfs-examples glusterfs-client chkconfig nmap ntp Next, I did... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dr_mabuse
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash to delete file in directory

Will the below bash delete all the "snps.ivg" in the given directory? Thank you :) find N:\all_array\Samples -maxdepth 1 -type f -name "snps.ivg" -delete (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rename specific file extension in directory with match to another file in bash

I have a specific set (all ending with .bam) of downloaded files in a directory /home/cmccabe/Desktop/NGS/API/2-15-2016. What I am trying to do is use a match to $2 in name to rename the downloaded files. To make things a more involved the date of the folder is unique and in the header of name... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash to select and save file in new directory

I am trying to select a file in bash and save it to a directory. The below does run but no selected file is saved. Thank you :). bash # select file printf "please select a file to analyze with entered gene or genes \n" select file in $(cd... (4 Replies)
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Should I run scripts like sh /absolute_path/to/scriptname.sh or just /absolute_path/to/scriptname.sh

Shell : Linux Bash OS version : RHEL 6.X, Oracle Linux 6.X Question1. To execute shell scripts, sometimes I see Linux admins placing sh command before shell scripts like below sh /home/appadmin/sync_pending_orders.shBut, I execute shell scripts like below ie. Just the absolute path ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: John K
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Reading a file from a different directory in a Bash script

Hi all, Given here under a section of a script I am using. SIMDIR="/home/Ins/forces" cd $SIMDIR for file in `ls *.forces` do basename=`echo $file | sed 's/\.*$//'` extname=`echo $file | sed 's/*\(*\)\.\(.*\)/\2\1/'` echo "Processing file: "$basename python convert.py... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Theo Score
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Sourcing file from parent directory bash

"Debian 9 64x - LXDE" I try to source a file from my parent directory: #!/bin/bash #source.bash . ../links.bash but i get "file not found". I tried . "../links.bash" and . '../links.bash'. I got on all methods the same result. If i use the absolute path it works, but i don't want to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: int3g3r
4 Replies
RBASH(1)						      General Commands Manual							  RBASH(1)

NAME
rbash - restricted bash, see bash(1) RESTRICTED SHELL
If bash is started with the name rbash, or the -r option is supplied at invocation, the shell becomes restricted. A restricted shell is used to set up an environment more controlled than the standard shell. It behaves identically to bash with the exception that the follow- ing are disallowed or not performed: o changing directories with cd o setting or unsetting the values of SHELL, PATH, ENV, or BASH_ENV o specifying command names containing / o specifying a file name containing a / as an argument to the . builtin command o specifying a filename containing a slash as an argument to the -p option to the hash builtin command o importing function definitions from the shell environment at startup o parsing the value of SHELLOPTS from the shell environment at startup o redirecting output using the >, >|, <>, >&, &>, and >> redirection operators o using the exec builtin command to replace the shell with another command o adding or deleting builtin commands with the -f and -d options to the enable builtin command o using the enable builtin command to enable disabled shell builtins o specifying the -p option to the command builtin command o turning off restricted mode with set +r or set +o restricted. These restrictions are enforced after any startup files are read. When a command that is found to be a shell script is executed, rbash turns off any restrictions in the shell spawned to execute the script. SEE ALSO
bash(1) GNU Bash-4.0 2004 Apr 20 RBASH(1)