Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Meaning of code
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Meaning of code Post 302123752 by SasDutta on Wednesday 27th of June 2007 05:11:29 AM
Old 06-27-2007
Error Meaning of code

Hi

Can anybody tell me what is the meaning of the following code?

i=4 j=1 k=0
[ $i -o $j -o $k ]Specialy meaning of this line
echo $?
[ $i -a $j -a $k ]Specialy meaning of this line
echo $?
[ $i -a $j -o $k ]Specialy meaning of this line
echo $?

Thanks in advance

Sas

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Whats the meaning of this code

Hi all, I am unable interpret this code ......... nohup $OPSSHLPATH/mkt_sas_load_cic.sh $db_name $process_id $loc_mm > $OPSLSTPATH/mkt_sas_load_cic.out & Thanks ....In advance (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhananjaysk
7 Replies

2. AIX

meaning of ${0%${0##*/}}

. ${0%${0##*/}}Script_Name if i issue this command, it is executing the script. can any one tell what is the meaning of ${0%${0##*/}} (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nyelavarthy
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

can any one explain the meaning of the below code ?

while getopts :g:l:h: KEY $* do case $KEY in g) NAME=$OPTARG ;; l) LAB=$OPTARG ;; h) HD=$OPTARG ;; *) echo "Illegal option: $OPTARG" echo "$usage" exitStatus=1 exitGrace esac done (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: santosh1234
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

what the meaning of #*

can some one please tell the meaning of the second statement i.e n=${m#*=} i couldnt get the meaning of the #*= 1.) m="mohit=/c/main/issue" echo $m result ----------- mohit=/c/main/issue 2.) n=${m#*=} echo $n RESULT ------- /c/main/issue (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: narang.mohit
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

What is the meaning of $_

Hi, Can somebody tell the usage of "$_" cd $_ ? and ls $_ ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: giri_luck
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

meaning of !*

can someone please tell what !* means in shell syntax. Regards, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: busyboy
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

^$$ meaning

Hi , Can anyone please let me know whta the follwoing piece of code for ScriptName=${0##*/} if pgrep -f "$ScriptName" | grep -v "^$$\$" ; then echo `date`": Sctipt $ScritName is already runnig" exit fi Thnx a lot in advance Please use code tags when posting data and code... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pratik4891
8 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

meaning of <<!

Hi all, I wanna know the meaning of the last word "<<! " sudo su - user <<! please help on this !!!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sudharson
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

What is the meaning of the following Perl Code?

Hi All Can any one please help me to understand the below Perl Code package Win32::File; # # File.pm # Written by Douglas_Lankshear@ActiveWare.com # # subsequent hacks: # Gurusamy Sarathy # $VERSION = '0.06'; require Exporter; require DynaLoader; @ISA= qw( Exporter... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: adisky123
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Meaning of $1^

Hello everyone, I'm looking for the meaning of this expression, as I don't understand it quite clearly : $1^ What do you think it could be? I thought either: - match lines starting with argument 1 but it should be ^$1 - turn line around : word becomes drow Thanks in advance for your... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bibelo
4 Replies
ECHO(1) 							   User Commands							   ECHO(1)

NAME
echo - display a line of text SYNOPSIS
echo [SHORT-OPTION]... [STRING]... echo LONG-OPTION DESCRIPTION
Echo the STRING(s) to standard output. -n do not output the trailing newline -e enable interpretation of backslash escapes -E disable interpretation of backslash escapes (default) --help display this help and exit --version output version information and exit If -e is in effect, the following sequences are recognized: NNN the character whose ASCII code is NNN (octal) \ backslash a alert (BEL)  backspace c produce no further output f form feed new line carriage return horizontal tab v vertical tab NOTE: your shell may have its own version of echo, which usually supersedes the version described here. Please refer to your shell's docu- mentation for details about the options it supports. AUTHOR
Written by Brian Fox and Chet Ramey. REPORTING BUGS
Report echo bugs to bug-coreutils@gnu.org GNU coreutils home page: <http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/> General help using GNU software: <http://www.gnu.org/gethelp/> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2009 Free Software Foundation, Inc. License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>. This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for echo is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and echo programs are properly installed at your site, the command info coreutils 'echo invocation' should give you access to the complete manual. GNU coreutils 7.1 July 2010 ECHO(1)